I'll Listen

A Story Of Love

I’ll Listen

 

“What are you doing here?” I’m surprised that I even though I feel like the whole world is spinning, I am still able to recognize his ugly face.

“I went to a party and I got drunk—”

“Obviously—”

“And this is so, so, so near to that place so—”

“You decided to go here since this place is a lot less complicated to locate and you’re afraid to get lost.”

I grinned. “Exactly.”

“Do you want me to drive you in your dorm?”

“Nah. I’ll stay here for the night.”

“Seriously.” I’m drunk, not deaf. I heard that.

“Yup,” I turned my back on him as I make myself comfortable, “Seriously.”

Where am I—oh. Right. I really did went here. I reached for my phone on my pocket and honestly, I am more than relieved that it’s still here. 11:49PM. Nice. Should I go? Nah. I’ll just stay here.

“Oh, you’re awake now?”

“Obviously.”

“You’ve been sleeping for more than 24 hours.” I swear my eyes bulged when he said that. Am I really asleep for more than 24 hours? So I checked my phone again.

“You little !”

“I’m kidding, okay? How are you feeling?”

“Heavy.”

“What?”

“I feel so heavy.”

“Okay I don’t understand what you’re saying but do you want to change your clothes?”

“I don’t have anything with me.”

“I’ll let you borrow mine.”

“I don’t have undies.”

Now that I’ve gotten few minutes of sleep, I can see his face a little better. He’s freaking raising an eyebrow at me.

“Then don’t change them!”

“Are you crazy?”

“But you fell asleep without changing clothes a while ago!”

“But you mentioned about changing clothes!”

“So it’s my fault?”

“Obviously.”

“So are you going to ask me to buy you some disposable undies?”

“Can you shut up?”

“Why would I?”

“You don’t shut up when you have to, do you?”

“Yeah. I’ve been told.”

“Seriously, I need to change… everything.”

“I’ll just drive you home—”

“I don’t want to be there, okay?” I probably said that a little too harshly. I can’t let this slip off my tongue. Especially not in front of him. Not because I’m ashamed, but because I don’t want to make him worry. This person may not be the type to speak a lot and may seem so distant but he’s a real sweetheart who cares about other people a lot. Not that I would ever tell him that.

He didn’t even asked why. “Right. But you know I have few pairs of unused boxers. You can use them.”

“Thank you.”

“I’ll get you your clothes.” I waited for him for few minutes and without saying a word, he handed me his clothes and I ran off to his bathroom inside his room.

But then… “MARK I NEED A TOWEL!”

He’s probably cursing me in his head now but I know he can’t resist me. “Do you know how annoyed I am at you right now?” he asked as he hands me the towel. Well duh, of course he can’t see me. I just have my hand stretched outside his bathroom door so he can hand me what I need.

“I know.” And I’m sorry.

“Wendy…”

“Yeah?”

“Are you okay?”

“What? Of course I’m okay! What are you talking about?” I slammed the door in his face as soon as I touched the soft fabric of the towel.

“Well if you have a problem, I’m just here. I’ll listen.” Since when did he volunteer to talk?