Chapter V

Calling all muggles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Moos' POV

 

After waiting in line for more than thirty minutes, Sangbae was happy to get his order taken because he was both thirsty and hungry. Seven minutes and he was still hearing a long list of coffee choices after declining a bagel for the very same reason. Too many strange ingredients, too many pompous names, all when he only wanted a coffee and a sandwich, or a bagel in their case since the trendy coffee shop didn't sell sandwiches. The Madtown leader was growing increasingly frustrated, even something as simple as "no milk" came with a lecture and another long list to choose from.

 

You know what, forget it, I'm going to go somewhere else where they know what just coffee and sandwich means without the pretentious names.

 

And with that, he was out of there. He wanted to enjoy some late breakfast before going to The J's place where he had been told that Jaeho would be; he had a little something to talk about with the naughty maknae. He had discovered that morning that all his important and necessary apps had been changed by some ridiculous sounding ones that reminded him of an MMRPG online game. There were only three people in the dorm who could do something like that; two of them had been removed from the list, Daewon who hadn't stayed at the dorm since the beginning of the weekend and Buffy, who had been confronted at the practice studio, hours before, leaving only Jaeho to be confronted.

 

Goddammit!

 

He cursed loudly without giving a if fans were around to notice; he had taken his phone out, forgetting that it was now useless. He stopped when he reached the agreed location; as he waited, he sent  a text message to confirm that he was still going to The J's, he just needed to return the mobile to his manager, who would in turn give him a ride to the model's place. A car honked and the rapper ran to the car, hopping in when the manager unlocked the doors to the backseat, his girlfriend was acting as co-pilot. It was hard to make small talk and appear normal when he was hungry, tired and grumpy, but he did his best so he wouldn't raise any suspicions since he knew that the managers weren't very fond of differences between the Madtown members.

 

Thanks, hyung, drive safely.

 

Moos bent forward to bow to his manager as soon as he got out of the car, waving a hand as the older male and his girlfriend drove away. Turning on his heel, he made his way to the building near the end of the block; several minutes later, he was waiting for Won Jongjin to open the door.

 

Hey, what's up? Is Jaeho here yet?

 

He smiled at the familiar face that greeted him as soon as the door was opened; it was Seungyoun, a fellow idol rapper from a group that debuted around the same time Madtown did. Moos took off his shoes and entered the apartment while he asked the younger rapper about his participation in Show me the money.

 

What are you doing here?

 

He was surprised to see that Kyungtak was also there since he said that he would spend most of the day at the recording studio; he was only expecting to see Jaeho and Lee Seungjun, another of the models who was staying at the retreat so this made him wonder if something bad had happened to his fellow Madtown member. He took a seat on the floor, feeling a little defeated.

 

Why do you all look like you're ready for a funeral?

 

He stretched his legs and leaned against the empty couch behind him. They all took turns explaining what had happened that morning with some of the phones and the talk inevitably made Moos grunt when he thought of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter