The Player

Because I Love You

DAO POV

That's my monicker. After every night of fun I would walk quietly to pick up my clothes and leave a small note thanking the other person who is still asleep and close the door and vanished without a trace. I don't ask for numbers and seldom ask their names. Sometimes we would have fun for a week or two after the play it's time to leave, it's either her or me who will usually open and get out of the door. My flat is the silent witness to all the games I played but little did I know that soon I will find my match. Every night since the dance I would stare out my window and wonder where she is and who's with her. I didn't bother to ask her name nor ask for her number. I didn't ask her to go with me after that one song. It's not my normal routine, most of the time I leave the bar with someone but that night I think I just run away. There's something in her eyes like piercing my soul and her touch gives shiver to my bones. I never felt it to anyone I played with. I know I don't want to play with her, I wanted to be with her, but how? I don't know. When I told my bestfriend she just laugh at me.

"Finally, someone's bothering you" she said to me over the phone. I don't how to find her, I wanted to find her badly.  My heart beats so fast as I approach the boarding gate. I have seen her from afar, there she was busy looking at her mobile so I decided to say hi. I think I will never get tired of kissing her cheek and most of the time I would caught her off guard.

I have to know her name in that moment. I am happy to be her pilot. My co-pilot asked why am I smiling like that. I told him that I saw her again and he gave a tap on my shoulder. "I hope this is for real, Capt." I nodded and I must admit it's the longest flight for me because I wanted to see her again. 

Now I forced myself to her through dinner. She becomes more and more beautiful to me as I watch her eat the food that I ordered. She looked at me "Nothing it's been a long time since I have someone to eat with." I said.

"You don't go out if you have a chance?"

"I do but nowadays I just want to rest and prepare for the next flight" I answered.

"Thanks for the dinner" Koi said. "Welcome, I should thank you because you agree to eat with me even if I forced it" she said. Koi smiled - "I must admit I am annoyed in the start even angry because what you have done at Onyx" Koi said.

"so I annoyed you? and make you angry? Which part makes you annoyed and angry because I remember you're not angry when we started the dance. I can feel you're hand shaking and your fast heart beat." Dao answered.

"Did you really do that to every one you like?" Koi asked. "Did you always take advantage of the situation and get it your way" she added. I looked at her, this conversation feels so wrong right now. "I'm sorry, I think I should go. Thank you for having dinner with me. I don't do this until now. I don't know too but when it comes to you it's different. Yes you might think I'm a player. Do I play around? Yes. Maybe I am a player anyway. I just want to spend some time with someone I really really like. You're different, Koi. I should go now" my heart she really think I'm a player. I guess I am but I am not planning to play with her.