Meet Up

Because I Love You

It's a one week adventure with herself after the long hours of flying she really needed to get away from the busy airports and gear up to explore new things alone. She got used to this after numerous one night stands and meet ups or set ups by her friend. 

"When are you going to be serious with relationships, Dao?" her friend asked.

She smirked before answering. "I am serious with my relationships it's just...." she answered.

"What?" 

"...it's them who are not serious with me, I will always find myself being left behind or they would just immediately walk out into my life" she said.

"I think it's the other way around. Aren't you tired of spending your week off alone" her friend said.

"Nope, it's nice no worries and no fights" she added.

"Ok okay, go and be alone. See you on our next flight. Off I go, someone is waiting for me outside" her friend said and leave her with her things.

A few hours more and she's inside Onyx drinking her favorite drink. Enjoying the solitude of being alone. She look around and everyone is enjoying the music. She spotted some newbies making their way to the bar. They were young professionals still in their office suits. They settled beside her.

"It's nice here!" someone utter.

"I told you this is a cool place to go. Hey Koi, are you okay? It's your first time here I bet" another guy said.

"I've been here before, it's my second time" Koi answered.

The third member of the group accidentally bum her. "Sorry" she said.

Dao smiled. "It's okay" she whispered.

"Order our drinks, Koi we will just see if there's available table over there." they said and left Koi to order.

"Care for advise what to drink?" she asked.

Koi smiled at the woman Din just bumped. "Is it okay, I'm not familiar with drinks I'm not into alcohol" she said.

Dao smiled and signal the bar tender to come.

"Usual for for four" she said. The cute guy smiled and immediately prepare the drinks. 

"Stay for the laser show, enjoy your drinks" Dao whispered to Koi 's ear and leave to join the dance. 

Koi was caught off guard, she never felt it before the intense sensation when she whispered to her ears. She got their drinks and manage to watch Dao moving her body side by side with others and she doesn't know that feeling or urge to join her. She caught her Dao looking at her, smiling and even raising her drink to her. She smiled shyly back at her. Dao winked at her and even blow a kiss from the dance floor.

"Who is she?" Din asked looking at Dao dancing.

"I don't know, you bumped her a while ago." Koi gets back to her composure. Din placed her arms around Koi. "They are waiting for us and the drinks". he said.

Koi remove his away from her shoulders. "Let's go bring it to our table, keep your hands to yourself, Din please" she said.

"Don't you like me? We used to go out before right" he said.

"Before meaning it's in the past now." she said. 

Dao is looking at the lady she just helped a while ago. She's average but there something in her smile that made her want to stay and talk but she saw one of her friends coming back that's why she decided to join the dance floor. From time to time she takes a glance of her from the dance floor. She doesn't this feeling she's having right now the music turns to slow and everyone grab their partner and she decides to make her move. 

They were laughing and enjoying their drinks thanks to that woman who helped and little she knows she's at her back.

Dao grab her hand and pull her away from her friends. "Hey" she shouted.

"You have to pay me" Dao said.

"I didn't owe you I pay for the drinks" Koi resisted but still walking and following Dao.

"I helped you out with the drinks and obviously your enjoying my usual" Dao said.

"I don't dance to strangers" Koi said but they were already at the dance floor. Dao put her arms around Koi's neck and grab her hands to place into her waist.

"Just one song please, Dao.... my name is Dao" she said and smiled as she started to dance slowly.

Din tried to follow her but Tam hold his arms and stopped him.

"Do you really dance with ..."

"women... ever since." Dao said and slowly lean on to Koi's shoulder making a body contact that send shivers to her spine. She never felt this feeling before not with Din. This woman makes her feel weak and she doesn't like it.

They dance with song and dance close enough that Dao can feel the hearbeat of her partner. Did she just made her nervous. She doesn't want her to get scared all she wanted is a few minutes with her.