Chapter 6

Beautiful Creature

Seungcheol froze in his spot. Tongue tied. His heart raced like mad, he knew that he supposed to be alarmed after all the story he heard. But he just couldn't bring himself to, not to someone like this. He was more like mesmerized, it took him a full minute to composed himself. 

"H-hi..." Seungcheol said, he wanted to slap himself because of how dumb it sounds. The latter reply with a soft chuckle, the same melodic sound he heard before. It instantly put him on ease, doubled with a small smile that rises on his face. The angelic figure then took a small step towards Seungcheol as if their proximity wasn't close enough. He lean his body and closed his eyes as he inhale deeply.

"Hmm... you have such a lovely... fragrance." He exhaled right in front of Seungcheol's face. It got him dizzy at how it resemble the air of winter. He opened his eyes and another smile crept up his face but it was somewhat twisted. Seungcheol tumbled backwards finally acknowledging the harm that could come within. A breathy laugh came from the latter.

"Its about time people usually ran away, yet you are here... as if you wanna fight me. Hmm... i can't even sense fear from you." He said amused. 

"Funny. Little. Human." He took a small step on each word. Seungcheol was expecting predatory eyes that is wild and judging but when he was inching closer his eyes somewhat showing something else. It was torn between sadness and anger.

"So... its you? The creature that the vilagers talks about was you?" Seungcheol dared to speak.

"Of course you already heard about the story, the urban legend they said. Oh how they love to exaggerate things." He rolled his eyes.

"So the story isn't true?" He said now feeling more confidence. 

"What do you think?" Jeonghan smirked so mysteriously.

"You live by the woods, you are strong, inhumanly beautiful, have an enchanting voice..." Seungcheol trailed off, trying to remember what his newly found acquaintance had told him. 

"You haven't mention the most exhilarating part." The latter challenged.

"You lure people for... blood." Seungcheol said quietly. 

"Bingo! Took you long enough." He said as if about to roll his eyes.

"It's... True?" Seungcheol hasitated.

"Mostly." The beauty said without a care in the world, adding more mistery within his presence. 

"What did you mean by that?"

"Well i do drink it... If necessary." His eyes dance in malice, he darted his eyes towards Seungcheol's exposed neck then his own lips. He could feel the rush by his veins. 

"And you control blood too.." Seungcheol added trying to ignore the stare. 

"Ah.. Yes obviously." Jeonghan said a little distracted when he pressed his finger to the vein at his neck and inhale more. He could feel the latter's gulp as he inched closer. Then he laughed, a somewhat innocent laughter. Seungcheol swear that he just witnessed a ray of sunshine in the middle of the night, his laughter was just so bright, so beautiful. It was different from earlier, like all of his facade tumbled down revealing his true self. Once again he was stunned.

"Do i scare you?" The long haired beauty asked with an edge of a light chuckle.

"Hey its okay, i don't bite.... Yet." He joked as Seungcheol remained quiet. Seungcheol release his breath that he'd unconsciously hold and put a hand over his thumping heart. Like the gesture could steadied them.

"I'm not saying that i almost had a heart attack but that's exactly what i'm saying." He said breathless. Jeonghan laugh more to the revelation.

They spent the night seating on a high branch which is Jeonghan's favourite place, saying its the best seat all over the wood with the most gorgeous view. And of course Jeonghan lifted both of them there since it'll took Seungcheol forever to reach it.

They talked about random topics but mostly its Seungcheol who's being curious about his new found mythical creature friend. They loose track of time and only realise they had been sitting on the branch for too long when the sun rises. Leaving some hues in the sky that started to turn a shade brighter. 

"And i present you the main attraction of today's show." He said but his attention was mostly on the latter's face who turned into a complete awestruck.

"Oh woah...." Seungcheol looked ahead of him, the sun was rising with all of its glory. It shine through the sleeping town to wake. They stayed there enjoying the view and each other's company. 

"Oh shoot, i have to go to school!" He came to realisation.

"You should hurry then." He said leaning on the tree.

"Uh uhm... Can you put me down or something?" Jeonghan laugh that melodious laugh again as he realised they were so high up from the ground and Seungcheol had no such super power to go down by himself. 

"Sure... Sure." Jeonghan laughed again and Seungcheol thought he could watched it all day. But not today he still had school to attend.

They walked side by side till they reached the side of Seungcheol's house. It seems strange for Jeonghan since he mostly run so fast from place to place and never slow down. But nonetheless he enjoyed the company. As they arrived, Seungcheol leaped easily to his own balcony after bidding some goodbye to the long haired beauty.

 

 

"Uhm... Seungcheol?" He hasitated.

"Yeah?" Seungcheol came back revealing only half of his upper body as he looked down the balcony.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Thank you... for not running away."

Then in a split second the long haired beauty gone with the wind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Midnight sun

 

 

 —————————————————————————————

Ayo babies! I'm still alive, i'm so sorry for the long wait. I actually had this chapter in draft for so long but something doesn't feel right so i postpone the release. So, enjoy!