Chapter 4

Beautiful Creature

"Excuse me, Sir?" Seungcheol said as he was standing behind a counter in his new school's front office. In front of him was a big flabby man with a shirt that is too tight for his own good. The man had his back on Seungcheol and he seems to be busy with something that he couldn't heard him. 

"Excuse me, Sir. I'm here to ask for my schedule." He tried again. It worked this time. The said man turned around, slowly eyeing him from top to toe. But Seungcheol didn't notice since he caught a glimpse of the man's shirt buttons. if they are going to snapped, they would be a great bullet subtites, he snickered to himself. 

"You're the new transfer." The man said matter of factly.

"Yes. I'm Choi Seungcheol." 

"Alright, here's your schedule. Since this school is pretty small i hope you didn't get lost. Oh and this is your PE uniform. I don't know if its the right size though." He said nonchalantly. 

"Thank you." Seungcheol just shake his head and leave immediately.

Seungcheol was in his senior year, just one more year untill he could go to college and hopefully move from this small village. He always reminds himself that since he wasn't really fond of living in a such deserted place. Well maybe he exaggerate that a little.

"My first class is... history." He walked aimlessly while reading the piece of paper. 

"Coming your way!" A boy with a rather big bag and a portable monitor coming towards his direction at full speed. Unfortunately Seungcheol couldn't dodge it this time, he stumbled backwards and fell on his . 

"Was that kind of a habbit around here?!" He half yelled out of irritation.

"Sorry, dude. I'm in a hurry, Mr.Kang is never keen on waiting. He will get all grumpy." The tall boy said as he helped Seungcheol to stand.

"Its alright. I'm sorry i snapped at you." He said as he dusted his pants.

"Cool. Now i better get going before his face flumped even more."

"Wait. By Mr. Kang you mean the History teacher?"

"Yup, no less."

"Would you show me the wa-"

"No way! You're the new student, Choi Seungcheol right?"

"How'd you know my name?" Seungcheol eyed him suspiciously.

"Well everyone has been expecting your arrival since." The tall boy just shrugged like it was a normal thing.

"How..."

"Small neighborhood, i guess? We should really get going now, come on!"

 

 

°°°

 

 

It was finally lunch time, Seungcheol was dragged along by the tall boy, Dokyeom, or he like himself to be called DK. They sat by a table at a corner of the cafeteria. There were not-so-subtle glance and soft murmurs everywhere he goes, seems like DK was not lying about him being expected since. Seungcheol could only sighed to that. He rather not attract attention, but what's done is done. 

"You're not lying this time..." A red-haired boy said as he eyed Seungcheol from across the table.

"Of course not! He's here, bone and flesh. Seungcheol this is Seungkwan, Seungkwan this is Seungcheol." DK said with triumph in his smile like he just won something.

Seungcheol only nod to that, he sipped to his juice not feeling like speaking at all. He sat there watching the two lad talking animatedly. Half amused since his mind wander to the incident that morning, to the long haired figure that had invaded his dream too last night. 

"I heard you live at the outskirt part of the village." DK asked, waking him up from his thoughts. 

"I guess so, all i know it is near the woods." He shrugged.

"The woods?! Just by the thought of it give me goosebumps." It picked Seungcheol's interest as he immediately lean on the table.

"What do you mean by that?" He said, suddenly eager.

"Man! Are you still bringing that up? Its just a rusty old story that parents told their children to scare them off." 

"Shut up! It even more real than your sole existence." Seungkwan brushed him off with a side glance.

"Come on tell me!"

"Okay okay, so its actually an urband legend, the story was passed on from mouth to mouth. A long time ago the people in this village believe that there's not only human that walk this earth. One of these creatures is the blood bender, many says that this creature looks exactly like human but with extraordinary power and exceptional beauty. Blood bender could control whatever that has blood in its system but they lure the victim with their voice, which is very beautiful. Many believes that this so called blood benders are living deep down the woods. The one that is just across your house." Seungkwan said in a hushed tone and unconsciously lean further on the table.

"What's this blood bender do to their victim?" Seungcheol asked carefully.

"Well, there are many versions of the legend but the most famous one said, they forced the blood to seeped out from the victim's body. Just like squeezing lemons." DK grimaced to the reference.

"So you better listen, don't go to the woods alone especially when its dark. If you happen to hear beautiful voices do not follow it, i repeat, do not follow. Just run for your dear life." 

 

"I don't believe in ghost stories." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Past - Present