THE LONG OVERDUE BONUS CHAPTER (I'M REALLY SORRY MIDTERMS WEEK IS TOO MUCH)

When In Albania (Descendants Of The Sun)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When in Albania (BONUS)

 

Author’s Note: Thank you for commenting! Because of your opinions, I decided to give this fic one more chapter, although I’m sorry I wasn’t able to post it sooner as I thought I would because of my midterm examinations (which will be ongoing until next week, so I sincerely apologize for being/becoming semi-hiatus for the next few days.)

 

I’m still not getting over SongSong Couple (or maybe I won’t hah) so I still have lots of fics in my head! I may not post them all at once, but I’ll be going slow, updating one story at a time! Thank you so much!

 

 




"Yoo Si Jin-ssi, did you see it? Did you see the look on their faces?" Kang Mo Yeon sat beside her boyfriend, who was more focused on munching on apples than devoting both ears to her, "Their faces were priceless! It's really fun and interesting!" She enthusiastically slapped his shoulder as she laughed ceaselessly, not getting over what had happened earlier that night.


Just a few moments ago, Mo Yeon received a video call from her colleagues in Haesung Hospital. Instead of that simple call to be one that was intended to entertain and uplift Kang Mo Yeon feel in her lone volunteer work in Albania—which was allegedly her late boyfriend’s deathplace, it had turned out to be the complete opposite; after shoving her phone's camera right in front of Si Jin's face, Mo Yeon completely scared their souls out.


"You simply can't get over it, huh?" Si Jin remarked while she kept snickering, "I don't even get what's so funny about scaring your friends. You even killed me thrice,"


She frowned with her arms crossed, "Would you even let that opportunity to make a good joke pass? Ah, sorry. It was my mistake. I simply assumed you would not since you even made everybody believe you were dead for a year," she deadpanned; her remark making him choke and cough while he was munching on an apple.



"Huh. Now you're starting a quarrel with comments that are completely out of context," he shot back, "I won't even try to argue with you about this. We just met after a year,"


Mo Yeon sighed, finding it inconvenient to start an argument as well. Si Jin was right after all; it's been a year since they last saw each other, and it would be absurd and if reunited lovers fought over the most trivial of things. Instead of chiding at him, Mo Yeon found herself staring at her hungry boyfriend who had downed three apples and now munching on the fourth.


He looked pale, and he's lost so much weight that he appeared to be thinner, but he still looked as handsome as ever. Mo Yeon's eyes raveled at the his sun-kissed skin, his gentle features of his face, at the sharp, smooth shadows his jaw made, the movement of the lump on his neck as he'd occasionally swallow down, the rough fringe of his dark hair, the length of his eyelashes as he batted them....every detail was savoured by her.


She missed him a lot.



"Are you staring at me?" She blinked when he asked.



Mo Yeon tensed, as she could literally feel her face fume and blush when he looked at her, "A-Aniyo." She looked away, "I was not. Are you still hungry?"


"Ne. It's strange," He talked while he made a big chomp on the fruit, "I've eaten a lot of apples, but I can't seem to keep the doctor away,"



"Are you telling me to disappear?"



"I was just testing the old saying," He smiled. "And I don't want you to disappear after just meeting you. I missed you a lot," He saw the corner of her lips curve into a smile as she sat beside him.



"I must look funny right now," She nervously said, clasping her hands to cover the blush on her face, "Mianheyo. It's been a year since a man sent my heart aflutter,"


He let out a laugh, reaching for her hand, "Fair enough. It has been a year since I've sent a woman's heart aflutter," He gently pulled her near his side with his hand.



"Can we talk for awhile?" She whispered as she leaned on his shoulder, "I missed hearing your voice,"


"How do you expect me to respond to that?" Si Jin patted her hair, "Call. We have the whole night,"



True enough, they did have the whole night.



In the refugee camp, there was one tent that stood out among the rest: it was the only one that had its lights on, and the only tent that had a few voices snickering inside, laughing and plainly just having a good conversation.


"...and Lee Chi Hoon's baby boy just had his first birthday a few months ago. It was a party at the hospital, since Chi Hoon's eomma was the major stockholder of Haesung Corporation." Mo Yeon excitedly told Si Jin as if she was telling a story, "There was this cute children's party and patients came to join the fun. Even those in the Intensive Care Unit were given freebies. Chi Hoon even invited Myung Joo and your men from the Alpha Team,"


"It seems like I missed the fun," He commented.



"You really did,"



They stayed in that small tent, snuggled on the small bed, while Mo Yeon rested her head on his arm like a pillow. They've been talking for about two hours, though it was the doctor who did more of the talking and Si Jin tirelessly listening.



"Geundae, I've been talking a lot already. All you do is nod your head," Finally, after two hours of talking, she noticed.




"Keep talking. Everything you say is important to me,"



She let out a tut, "Tch. You still find convenience to tell a joke even after disappearing for a year,"


Si Jin frowned, and then moved instantly near her, making their lips only a few inches apart. He felt her breath hitch at his sudden maneuver. "Do you really think I'd crack up a joke like that after disappearing for a year? I'm serious. Everything you say is important to me,"



"Waeyo? Why do you say so?"



"Isn't coming back alive enough proof?" He whispered as his hand rested on her shoulder and stared at her.... “You told me to come back alive, and I’ve held onto those words for so long. So, keep talking. Everything you say…is truly important,”


...and it was then that she realized Si Jin had been staring at her for quite a while. His eyes were insanely beguiling after a long time of disappearance. Feeling flustered after seeing him stare at her like she was the most beautiful woman in the face of the earth, Mo Yeon's eyes shifted away immediately.


The whole situation was even brought to a higher level of gracelessness when she tried to pull away—forgetting that Si Jin's bed was a tad bit small for two people to comfortably sleep in—and almost fell off the bed but gladly her boyfriend was quick to pull her back on the bed, although this time she was hovered above and riding atop him...


...and a medical volunteer happened to pass by their tent. "Beauty, we're going to have an evening assembly at the—oh my goodness!"


The two of them froze in their position, one that would possibly be misinterpreted, as the volunteer had both hands covering his face "I-I'm sorry for interfering,"


Mo Yeon gasped, shuffling and jumping off the bed immediately, "N-No, it's not what you think—"



"Sorry! I-It's fine if you don't go. P-Please have a great night," He greeted her with a covered face before brisk-walking away, therefore leaving the two lovebirds alone once more inside the tent.


"Don't make an effort on catching that guy," Si Jin pushed himself up the bed to comfort his dazed girlfriend by patting her shoulder.



"Eotteokhe? They'll think we did something!" She pulled on her hair in distress, while Si Jin chuckled at the sudden thought that grazed his mind.


"Now that everyone thinks that way, we might as well do it,"


"You're not helping at all," She sighed, "You should have just let me fall on the ground!"



"You know I wouldn't let you," He threw a smile, and laid back on the bed, "He just excused you from the meeting, so quit worrying about anything and lie back here, with me," He smiled at her with a childish grin, as he moved closer to the bed's edge and patted on the space he made.



"If you do something weird, I'll scream," She frowned while submitting to Si Jin's request and reluctantly laying down again beside him; she was still troubled with the co-volunteer worker seeing them in an inconvenient position, and her mind was calculating all the possible ways of telling and explaining that everything was a total misunderstanding.



Si Jin snickered, "Haha, you'll lose your voice by morning if that's the case,"



Has one year in Albania made him such a ert? She shrugged, but he instantly recovered the joke and apologized.



"I was just kidding. Don't worry anymore and just rest well." He shifted to the side to face her again, "I'll watch over you,"



"Shouldn't that be my job as your doctor?"


"It's my job as a soldier," he leaned over to give her a comforting kiss on the forehead, "And as your namja chinggu. Arasso?"


She grinned, snuggling closer near him, "Okay, I'll sleep then," she started to close her eyes as she felt him brush his fingers through her hair. "Help me tomorrow, I don’t want that volunteer worker go thinking at we were doing such thing just awhile ago,"



"Don't worry about how you'll explain things to that guy," He breathed soothingly, so calm that it made her exhale everything that troubled her as she closed her eyes to sleep, "It's not like it's going to be that hard explaining, is it?"



He's right, why am I even worrying too much? It’s not like it's going to be that hard explaining.


---
 

I take it back, she stomped back to his tent. It is hard!



"Yoo Si Jin-ssi," Mo Yeon, after doing a few morning rounds in the whole camp, hurried back to the refugee tent where the soldier was stationed in. She saw him immediately get up from the bed with an earnest look in his face when he heard her calling.


"What is it? Is there someone chasing you?" He asked, not sure whether to stand up and walk towards her or remain seated, "Is something wrong?"



"The man..." She bit her lip, "He won't listen to me."


Si Jin’s tensed expression relaxed as he let out an amused chuckle. "I can't believe you ran off from doing your rounds just to tell me that,"


"Ya! Eotteokhe? If this goes on, I won't be able to face everyone in the team and...ah, molla! It's not like we won't be doing such thing in the future," she mouthed, instantly making Si Jin smil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter