Birthday

Strings

Yoojung gathered almost everybody except Doyeon in the council room after class for a specific reason. She planned to throw Doyeon a surprise birthday party. “Better be fast Yoojung, I’m late for a meeting.” Heehyun reminded her. “Okay okay, hello everybody. The reason I gathered all of you here is because next week is my dear Doyeon’s birthday and I hope you guys can help me to throw a surprise party for her.” “P-A-R-T-Y”, Somi, Jieqiong was dancing to Snsd’s song happily.

 

“Okay, we’re in. So, what do we do?” the stone Buddha replied with an expressionless face. The girls continued their endless discussion that day. “Are you sure you need 3 person to prepare the cake?” Yoojung asked Chungha, Heehyun and Kim Nayoung, the trio. “Oh yeah, totally. You know, in case Chungha screwed up.” Heehyun joked meanwhile earning a deadly glare from Chungha.

 

After a week of preparation, the day has finally arrived. Everybody was really looking forward to the party especially Yoojung because she wanted to see Doyeon’s reaction the most. To make it fun, somebody suggested them not to wish Doyeon happy birthday until they start the party and everybody agreed on it.

 

Much to Doyeon’s dismay, she wasn’t really happy about the fact that almost everyone had forgotten her birthday, especially her best friends. “This must be the worst birthday ever.” Mina giggled upon hearing Doyeon mumbled weakly.

 

The girls rushed to the student council’s room after class immediately. Nayoung, Jieqiong and Sejeong were in charged of decorating the room with colorful balloons and setting up a ‘WE LOVE YOU KIM DOYEON’ banner that nobody knew how did Somi managed to sneak it to school. Meanwhile, Mina, Sohye and Yeonjung were busy preparing a variety of food for the birthday party. “Hey, stop stealing the food! Go and practice your dance now.” Yeonjung slapped Somi and Dani’s hands before they finished everything. Both of them ran away playfully while cheering ‘Yuuumm Yummm’ in their super high pitched voice.

 

On the other hand, chaos was happening at the corner of them room as the cake team were arguing with each other. “Ki Heehyun, you didn’t bring the candles today? Yoojung will be mad at us!” Chungha literally screamed at her face angrily. “I thought you are bringing it? My job was to sneak a lighter without getting noticed by the prefects this morning. Tough job okay!” Heehyun wasn’t backing down either. “Okay calm down people. We still have time to buy the candles before Doyeon is here. I know where we can buy them.” Kim Nayoung assured the both of them calmly.

 

Kim Nayoung passed Heehyun and Chungha a walkie talkie as both of them are getting the candles without getting caught by the rest before they screwed up badly. The plan was Nayoung will be staying back to keep an eye of the birthday cake before more harm was done on their plan and she will have to ensure they will be back on time. Chungha and Heehyun escaped through the side window, not without Chungha complaining about how heavy Heehyun’s was.

 

They made their way to the nearest 7-Eleven they could ever find but was met with disappointment as the candles were sold out. “Great, what do we do now?” Chungha was talking to Nayoung on the walkie talkie while catching her breath. “Hmm..Let me check. Okay you can go to Street 101 which is 5 minutes from your location. Look for Insun’s Daily. Go now, we don’t have much time left!” Nayoung replied through the walkie talkie. “I know the place. Let’s go there by a shortcut.” Heehyun dragged Chungha’s shirt.

 

Unfortunately, Heehyun brought them into a dead end but when they turned their heads to the other end, a fierce-looking German Shepherd was staring at them hungrily. At Nayoung’s side, frantic screams can be heard at the other end of the walkie talkie. “Guys, what happened? Where are you now?” Nayoung shouted at the walkie talkie like a mad man. Curses and gasps were made while the duo ran for their lives and successfully found the shop they were looking for. Both of them entered the shop and closed the door without delay to prevent the dog from following them.

 

“Okay, we made it here after getting chased by a stupid dog thanks to Heehyun” Chungha spoke to Nayoung to ensure her that they were safe and sound. Heehyun grabbed the candles and placed it on the counter. “Total is two dollars” the cashier told them. “Why are you looking at me like that Chungha. Don’t tell me you didn’t have any cash?!! Don’t show me that innocent face.” Heehyun lost her cool.

 

Mina informed the rest that the party will start soon as Yoojung was getting Doyeon to come into the room. “Wait” Kim Nayoung stood up nervously and met with two tired eyes at the front door smiling. At the same time, the dance team were in their positions while waiting for Yoojung to join their formation. The room was super quiet until Doyeon stepped in with awe. “You guys did all this for me?” Doyeon’s eyes were sparkling and she couldn’t stop her laughter when she saw the huge banner.

 

“Music cue!” The dance team danced along with Yum Yum with no mistakes at all even if they have short practice time. “1, 2, 3, jakku keuligetji” the girls posed cutely at the end of the performance. Endless claps and cheers filled the room and Doyeon was jumping like a happy little kid getting her ice cream. “You guys are effin awesome! Oh my gosh how did you do that moves again? Thank you so much guys! You all are the best.” Doyeon hugged each and every one of them joyfully.

 

“Happy Birthday to you” The girls sang happily while Nayoung held the birthday cake with candles lighting on top. Doyeon made a wish and blew the candles excitedly. “So, what did you wish for?” Chaeyeon asked curiously. “It’s a secret” Doyeon placed her hands on her hands, shaking her head repeatedly. “It’s okay if she doesn’t wants to tell. Let’s eat guys” Yoojung claimed.

 

When the other girls were busy chit chatting and eating, Sejeong approached the ‘cake team’ and grabbed Nayoung on her collars. “What were you guys up to just now? I think I overheard something.” Nayoung was trying her best to escape from Sejeong’s death wrath and smiling at her sheepishly. “We kinda went out and bought candles for the cake, that’s all hehe” Chungha responded. “Oh candles is it? Why make such a big fuss about it? We have it in the council’s storeroom.” Sejeong flashed her eye smile innocently.

 

“What did you say?? KIM NAYOUNG YOU ARE SO DEAD RIGHT NOW!!” Heehyun could not help but to raise her voice and it raised the other girls’ attention. “Unnie, is everything okay?” Chaeyeon asked nervously. “Everything is okay except for Kim Nayoung. Let’s settle this outside. I almost got bitten by a mad dog do you know?” Chungha dragged Nayoung out of the room with Heehyun’s help. “Are they gonna fight unnie? Sohye was worried about the older girls. “Nahhh.. they are gonna be fine. Trust me, plus this is not the first time they are at it.” Sejeong assured the rest of them.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WHATTAMAN will be released in few hours time!!!! I'm super excited. Can't wait to see them perform too! Let's win no 1 for the girls :) 

BTW guys, from now on I will try to focus on each of the characters instead of writing all of them in one chapter. Are you guys okay with that? Do tell me about your opinions, I do read the comments hehe  :) Thats all for now ..Anyeong ~