Valentines

Strings

            “I screwed up …I screwed up.” Jieqiong mumbled repeatedly while rubbing her palms nervously. She was totally worried about making the older girl being mad at her for making her sleep at the living room. “Don’t worry, Nayoung unnie won’t be mad at you. Trust me.” Her best friend Eunwoo assured her.

 

It was Valentines, the love month of the year. People took their chances to give gifts to their loved ones or some actually confesses to their crushes. And so, Doyeon wanted to take this opportunity to make Yoojung felt special. But she needed help because she knew she couldn’t have done it alone. “Mina, can you do me a favor? I’ll buy you lunch for a week. Deal?” Well of course we all knew Mina wouldn’t let go of such a great chance of getting free food.

 

In the end, Doyeon made chocolates for Yoojung successfully with Mina’s help. She kept the box of chocolates in her school bag and wanting to surprise Yoojung after class. Unfortunately, Lady Luck wasn’t on Doyeon’s side when she found out that the chocolate melted and dirtied her school bag. Yoojung laughed at the mess Doyeon had created without knowing that the chocolate was meant for her. “What happen to you?” Yoojung couldn’t hide her laughter when it came to Doyeon.

 

“Don’t ask”. Doyeon was cleaning her bag while Yoojung was busy popping chocolates into with glee. The chocolate was given by her neighbor and she insisted Doyeon to try. But the hard headed kid refused to. Doyeon never hated chocolate that much in her whole life.

 

Meanwhile, the Chinese girl was extremely surprised to receive a pink love letter in her locker thinking it was from Nayoung. “Your one and only pink knight…oh my gosh this is more than perfect! See it’s even written in pink ink and look at those cute stickers. I wonder who my secret admirer is.”

 

Siyeon asked Jieqiong was there anyone on her mind but we all know who Jieqiong wanted the admirer to be. But, all she noticed was Nayoung’s usual calm expression for the whole day. Could it be her? She hoped so.

 

  “Nayoungie, are you mad at me because of what happened the other day?” Jieqiong asked worriedly. “Why would I be mad at you?” Nayoung smiled at her favorite girl. “You are the best!” Jieqiong wrapped her arms her Nayoung tightly. For Nayoung, Jieqiong’s hugs were the best thing ever.

 

At the same time, Yeonjung thought of a perfect confession plan for Somi to confess to the cool rapper, Park Soyeon. It involves asking her out for a perfect date on that romantic evening. But in return, Somi has to accompany Yeonjung to see Cosmic Girls perform.

 

Somi grumbled as this was not the first time she had to follow her. “No, Somi listen to me. They are having a comeback very soon with a new member who shares the same name as I do! Isn’t it exciting. I can’t wait to go!” Yeonjung was super excited when she was talking about her favorite girl group. Somi agreed to go but with one condition, the plan has to work no matter what.

 

Somi braved her guts and approached the practice room but ended up bumping into their president, Heehyun. “If you are trying to disturb my girls, you are dead Jeon Somi.” “I just want to see Soyeon for a while, please.” Few minutes later, another girl appeared at the door looking confused. “No, no, I’m not looking for Jeon Soyeon, I’m looking for Park Soyeon.” Jeon Soyeon looking impatient and bothered at her request. “She’s absent today. Sorry but I have a diss competition with Kang Yebin, you should leave now.”

 

Somi looking all upset and disappointed, left the practice room while dragging her heavy footsteps. Out of all days, she chose to skip school on a valentine’s day. Interesting. “NOOOO, you are telling me that you failed?!! I won’t give up on my Cosmic Girls that easily.”

 

Nobody in this whole wide world hated Valentines’ Day as much as Ki Heehyun. “Seriously why do you hated it so much? I don’t understand.” Chungha asked. “There’s PDA almost everywhere! I mean come on get a room instead. Plus, everybody is gonna show up in pink or red. Just ew..” She had that disgusted look on her face.

 

Kim Dani, the pretty junior that Heehyun grew fond of approached them while holding a cupcake. “Unnie, someone told me to give it to you just now.” Dani was all smiles putting that cupcake into Heehyun’s hands. Chungha started cheering like a maniac while standing on the chair. “Someone’s got a crush on you! Hahaha I need to tell the rest.” The next thing you know Chungha jumped off the chair and ran away from the startled Heehyun holding the cupcake in her hands. ‘I think I kinda like you :)’ was written on the note Heehyun was holding.

 

Kim Nayoung wasn’t really happy about doing her job as a cupcake sender. She was practically following Sejeong the whole day, holding a tray full of cupcakes, looking like an idiot. “Here’s yours, Hyeri. Have a good day” Sejeong flashed her smile at the cute looking junior and Nayoung was not really happy about it. Sohye walked towards both of them and gave Sejeong two cute looking cupcakes. “Unnie, I got you some cupcakes. One is from me, the other one I’m not so sure about it. Enjoy”

 

Sejeong literally giggled when she took the cupcakes over. “See Nayoung, I got two! How lucky I am. By the way, where’s yours?” Sejeong found a spot at the school garden and motioned Nayoung to come over. “Me? My love life badly. Don’t ask why.” Nayoung answered. Her heart skipped a beat when Sejeong shared the other cupcake with her. Sejeong’s cute little actions reminded her of why she had developed a crush for her since the beginning of school years.

 

There’s always one person that you’ve had feelings for since the moment you first met them. For Nayoung, hers was definitely Sejeong. Sejeong hummed while snacking on her cupcake deliciously. Little did she know, the other cupcake was actually from Nayoung. But since she’s happy, Nayoung couldn’t be any happier.