Suspect

Iron Blood
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Suspect [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Chapter 7 [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

“What?” My voice rang across the silent hallway as I stared incredulously at Taehyung. Immediately, whispers begin to fill the space.

“That is a very serious accusation,” the Headmaster said, turning to Taehyung with a grim look. “Do you have any proof?”

“Last Sunday,” Taehyung began and my stomach dropped as he began detailing the small clash that had occurred between me and the girls. The whispers grew.

“Very well, I understand your thinking,” the Headmaster replied, “but we will need to investigate further into the matter.” Taehyung nodded and made his way out, the crowd dispersing after he left. Still in shock, I snapped out of my reverie to chase after the princes.

“Wait… Jungkook!” I called out. I had to let them know-

“What?” I halted, taken aback by the venomous tone in his words. He met my eyes and his expression softened the slightest. “I don’t want to hear it, whatever you have to say.”

“But-”

“I can’t believe you would do something like this.” I felt the floor begin to spin under my feet. He thinks it was me. The hatred smoldering in his eyes confirmed it. Behind him, Taehyung gave me a grim smirk of satisfaction.

“It wasn’t me,” I finally manage to say. Taehyung laughed.

“Keep saying that,” he retorted, once again trapping me with his dark orbs. Taking another look at Jungkook, I realized there was no hope.

“It wasn’t me,” I whisper one last time before slowly walking back to my dorms.

 

The next week was nothing short of living hell. If I had thought the days following my scuffle with the girls was bad, this was a million times worse.

Though the Headmaster believed I wasn’t the culprit, everywhere I went I was eyed distrustfully. Whispers followed me and even Suho had begun keeping a distance from me, despite his insistence that he believed me. More than anything else, Jungkook’s guarded expression unsettled me. There was nothing, however, that could be done until the true culprit was found.

Lost in my thoughts, I didn’t notice a thin wire obstructing my path until it was too late.

I yelped as I felt my feet wipe out from beneath me. Almost immediately, a bucket of liquid contents tipped over my head. Briefly, I considered freezing the substance but decided against it -- no one needed to know about my Winter powers… yet.

I squeezed my eyes shut and felt the dirty water splash over me, soaking through my clothes and covering every inch of my body. Scars from the iron during my stay in the vampire capital prevented me from wearing more weather suited outfits and it certainly didn’t help during times like these.

Picking myself back off the ground, I continued walking as if nothing had happened. I bit my lip, trying to ignore the liquid dripping off my clothes. I repressed a shiver.

There was no time left to change before class, so I settled for a small use of Summ

Please log in to read the full chapter