First Day

Iron Blood
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] First Day [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Chapter 3 [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

My eyes flickered to the door for the tenth time in the past minute as i anxiously waited for my classmates-to-be to arrive. Awkwardly standing in the front of the classroom, I recalled the Headmaster’s advice.

“When you introduce yourself, you will do so as my daughter,” he instructed. “Because of this, you will have to be a Summer Fae. No matter what, you cannot let them know who you really are.”

A Summer Fae, I thought, musing over my new identity. Though, in the past few months, I had managed to cement mastery over Summer and Winter magic, I was still partial towards Summer -- as the flames that would flare around me whenever my emotions were particularly strong indicated.

The sound of footsteps and laughter from the hallway caught my attention and I turned to face the door. A group of Fae walked in, led by a young male Fae. Sensing my stare, he met my gaze and flashed a smile at me. I felt my heart flutter in the slightest at his radiant smile and gave him one back. As they walked past, I detected the slight scent of flowers and felt warmth radiate from them. The Summer Fae, I noted.

Suddenly, the temperature in the room dropped and I whipped my head to the door, where I saw that another group of Fae had silently come in. In contrast with the fair-haired and radiant Summer Fae, these Fae were raven-haired and emitted a chilly aura. At their head stood two Fae -- brothers? The younger one gave me a slight nod as he passed me while the other gave me a piercing stare. I definitely stared back, meeting his eye. A frown graced his lips and he turned away. What’s his problem?

The Winter Fae took their seats behind the Summer Fae, a clear separation between the two. Yet, between the two, some Fae still grouped together. Narrowing my eyes, I realized the seats on the other side of the aisle were still open. Who else is coming? As if in response to my question, I sensed a new presence at the door -- a familiar one. No way, I thought, my insides freezing as I slowly turned to the door.

Vampires.

 

 

My heart beat racing, I turned around to face someone I thought I would never see again.

“Kris,” I whispered, not believing my eyes. He’s alive… I inwardly thanked that he had survived the fire but I shivered at the murderous glare he was giving me. Was this really the Kris I knew? As our gazes met, he widened his eyes in recognition.

Suddenly, without warning, he bolted towards me, pinning my throat up against the wall. My classmates looked on in shock as I struggled against his iron grip.

“Traitor,” he seethed, tightening his hold. I gasped for air.

“Let her go,” a voice spoke from behind Kris. I widened my eyes in surprise; it was the Summer Fae boy from earlier. Kris’ eyes narrowed in annoyance.

“Stay out of this, Suho,” he hissed. I’d had enough of this.

Pak!

My classmates gaped at me in shock as I pushed Kris away and dealt a swift slap to his face.

“,” I muttered and rubbed my aching neck.

Just as the tension in the room reached its , there came a knock on the door and everyone scrambled to their seats. A middle aged Fae with dark hair walked in, I assumed he was the teacher.

“Good morning, class,” he greeted and the class returned in kind. Satisfied, he began introducing himself. “I am Professor Kang and I’ll be your homeroom teacher this year.” Turning towards me, he pulled me to the front of the room. “A new student will be joining us this year. Please introduce yourself.”

“Nice to meet you, I’m Ashlyn. Ashlyn Kim.” I bowed to my classmates.

“Ashlyn you may go sit with the rest of the Summer Fae,” he told me and I nodde

Please log in to read the full chapter