Prologue

Iron Blood
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Prologue [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Chapter 0 [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

The sun set on the Eastern Forest, slowly dipping beneath the treeline, and the creatures that called this faraway corner of the world home began to stir.

A sudden flash from the West pierced through the fading light and the sound of footsteps stumbling on the rough terrain soon became audible; two silhouettes emerged.

"Are you sure about this?" A male's husky tone reverberated through the silent woods. His companion, a petite female gave a hesitant nod.

"It's our only choice," she replied, casting a forlorn glance at the child that slept soundly in her arms. “She’ll be safe there,” she murmured, as if convincing herself it was the right decision. Seemingly a repeat of many past exchanges between the two, the male simply nodded and trudged on through the thicket.

At first glance, the two appeared to be an ordinary couple. However, as the saying goes, not everything is as it seems. Pointed tips that jutted out from beneath silken sheets of hair that shone even in the dying sunlight suggested anything but the norm. The two were Fae, mythical beings that ruled over the forces of nature.

As they darted between the trees, a flash illuminated the forest from behind and their ears picked up the sound of leaves crunching under footsteps. The two froze.

"How did they catch up so soo

Please log in to read the full chapter