Missing

Iron Blood
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

[CONTENTID1] Missing [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Chapter 6 [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Anger. Rage. Fury. In a flurry of emotions, I let go and the thin ice shards melted in midair.

“You want to see magic?” I growled, letting my Source flow free. Around me, an inferno began to form, a brilliant cocoon of fire that radiated pure heat. I laughed the look of shock and terror on the girls faces. What do you think of me now, huh? Basking in the fiery heat, I let the flames grow bigger and bigger until…

“What’s going on here?” a voice interrupted and my flames quieted as I heard footsteps approaching.

“Taehyung oppa!” the girls cooed and I internally groaned. Of all the people, I cursed.

“This was threatening us!” the one who had threatened me cried. I looked at her in disbelief.

“Yeah! She told us that Jungkook oppa was hers and that she would kill anyone who came close to them,” another whimpered, giving Taehyung puppy eyes. I turned to Taehyung, hoping he was not dumb enough to believe them, but the murderous look in his eyes suggested otherwise.

“That’s not-” I begin, but his next words stunned me into silence.

“Ignore her, she’s just a blood anyway.”

I snapped.

The fire that was beginning to die down once again turned into a raging inferno that consumed me. Anger, because he had eavesdropped; shame, because now others knew my bloodstained past; and rage, because my mother was “just a blood .” The world around me turned into a fiery blur and I let my magic burn away. I was but an ember, lost within the raging inferno.

“Ash?” I heard Jungkook’s voice broke into my reverie but I ignored him, continuing to glare at Taehyung. “Ash! Calm down!” Jungkook yelled. He tried to get closer, only to jump back with a yelp as the flames brazed his skin. At Jungkook’s cry, Taehyung’s expression became murderous. I ignored the slight pang of guilt.

“Don’t you ever… ever dare call me that again,” I seethed, glaring at the ice prince.

“Don’t ever come near my brother again,” he shot back. I didn’t reply, instead turning my back on the lot of them.

“Ash, wait!” Jungkook desperately called after me.

“Please just stay away,” I told him, my voice cold and heartless.

I winced as a sudden shudder of pain spiked through me. I need to get away… and fast. My head already beginning to spin, I took off in the direction of my room. Behind me, I faintly heard the sounds of Taehyung telling Jungkook to leave me alone. I paid them no heed. Time was running out.

With the last bit of my energy, I pushed open the door to my room and stumbled in, collapsing on the floor. Pain blurred my vision. Headmaster Park isn’t going to be happy… I thought before everything went black.

 

Up, down, forward, duck. My body on autopilot, I mechanically struck down another opponent. To say I was bored would be an understatement. Ever since the incident in the hallway, the Winter princes and I had been avoiding each other. However, without Jungkook as my partner, swordfighting class had lost its luster. I entertained the idea of requesting practice with the vampires, but I knew that I would only raise suspicion. I sighed.

Suddenly, I felt someone quickly approaching from behind and I spun, flipping into the air as I did so. On instinct, I struck down with my sword… only to find air.

“Care to spar?” Surprised, I turned to face my new opponent… Suho. Despite his cheerful smile, a steely glint in his eyes told me he was not like the others I had sparred with.

“You sure you can keep up?” I teased. He smirked back at me and I felt my blood rise to the challenge.

“Shall we see?”

 

The sun was beginning to set and the sky slowly darkening by the time I made my way back to my room. My muscles sore from practice, I let out a small smile. It had been awhile since I had such a satisfying practice. Not

Please log in to read the full chapter