Ch.2

Intertwined Hearts

 

You walk down the hall of the school building in the morning, not wanting to be late again like yesterday. A sigh escapes your parted lips as you remember what miss Kim told you last night, that your roommate is on her vacation so you have to stay by yourself for a while but what you heard from Eunji is that she already left the school and will never come back. 

 

 

“You don’t deserve to be here you cocky bastard!”

 

“Hah! You can’t even get up now.”

 

“Stop trying to act like you’re all!”

 

You stop walking as soon as you heard those voices. Since it’s still early in the morning and you’re like the only person walking right now, you curiously try to peek behind the library’s door.

 

A familiar guy is lying on the floor looking lifeless, full with bruises and you can even see clearly that his lips are bleeding. He’s not the only one inside the room; there are three other students who keep on kicking him hardly. You cover your mouth in surprise. What should I do? What should I do?

 

After you manage building up your courage, you quickly run inside and spread your shaking arms in front of those three guys. I’m so gonna die.

 

“Stop it you all!” You yell not so loud.

 

“Who are you even?” One of the guys asks, scanning you up and down.

 

“That doesn’t matter. If you guys want to fight then do it one on one,” You answer.

 

“Just mind your business and get the hell out of here!” The tallest guy says and he pushes you off harshly, causing your to bump to the bookshelf.

 

“Coward. ” You laugh lowly.

 

“What did you just say?” The guy grabs your collar as he stares in full of anger.

 

Before his fist can reach your face, someone throws a punch at the guy’s cheek. He falls down to the floor, groaning.

 

“Taehyung and the rest of you! Go to the office right now!” Suddenly Mr. Lee appears out of nowhere, shouting.

 


 

 

A sigh releases from your lips as you sit in front of the principle’s desk along with Taehyung and the other three.

 

“I’m sure you all are already know the rules. ” The principle sighs. “This is the last warning for you Taehyung and Junhyung. And the other three-“

 

“Lim didn’t do anything wrong,” Taehyung interrupts and you look at him blankly.

 

The principle looks at you for a while then nods slowly. “Fine. Lim you can go to your class since you’re new.”

 

“But mister, I saw Taehyung was being kicked by them. He’s the victim here,” you explain.

 

“No no. He always involves himself into a fight. You don’t have to defend him. ” He furrows his brows. “You all have to get back to class now since the lesson will start soon. Except Lim, the four of you have to see me again on the first break.”

 

You stand up then bow to the principle before walking out of the room.

 

Messing your hair in frustration, you can’t stop worrying if the school will call your parents after what happened.

 

“Hey.”

 

You turn around to the voice and there you see Taehyung standing with his hand holding his stomach. He seems like he’s in pain. “You have to-“ You’re about to finish your sentence but he interrupts.

 

“You don’t have to worry about me. It’s annoying." He grabs your hand and places a bandage harshly on your palm. “Worry about this.” He touches your forehead with his index finger. It’s slightly bleeding cause you got pushed to the bookshelf earlier. And after that, he slips his hands into his pockets and walks away casually.

 

 


 

 

“Seriously, tell me what happened to your forehead?” Eunji asks as she forces you to explain.

 

“It’s nothing serious, really. I accidentally hit myself with a book cause a fly was on my forehead,” You lie.

 

“Why would you even hit yourself that hard?” Nari asks, munching on her food quietly.

 

“Good question,” You answer trying to stop them from asking you.

 

“I wonder why is that guy always eating alone?” Eunji smiles while staring at Wonwoo who’s busy eating in the corner.

 

“You’re still not over him?!” Sana rolls her eyes.

 

You turn your head to see Wonwoo and sigh as you remember what you did yesterday.

 

“I feel like I like him even more after what happened yesterday…” Eunji chuckles lightly, making Nari flicks her forehead. “Ouch. What was that for?”

 

“He’s an ignorant jerk, can’t you see?” Nari says.

 

“I’m sorry Eunji but she’s right. ” You nod your head in agreement. “And also arrogant,” You add.

 

“Who’s arrogant?”

 

Suddenly all of you turn your heads to the voice behind you. You gulp down amount of saliva as you look at Wonwoo who’s raising his brows at you. Sana, Eunji and Nari pretend like they’re busy eating and have nothing to do with this.

 

“You.”

 

And right after you answered that, the room becomes quiet in a blink. You look around to see people mouths are wide open including your friends. Dang it Lim, why are you always making trouble?

 

“She’s joking. She didn’t mean that. ” Sana fakes a laugh.

 

“I’m fine with being called arrogant,” Wonwoo says. “But I’m still curious about what you wanted to tell me yesterday, though.”

 

“Really? What do you want to tell him, Lim?” Nari eyes widen in curious too.

 

You chuckle nervously. “What are you saying?”

 

He shrugs. “You came to me like a mad person and-“

 

Before he can finish his sentence you cover his mouth quickly with both of your hands. And everyone freeze in their spots. No one has ever done that to him.

 

Why am I even doing this?  You widen your eyes and pull your hands back. “S-sorry.”

 

He scoffs and wipes his mouth like you’re some kind of disgusting creature.

 

“Lim, why did you do that?” Eunji whispers. “Are you hiding something from us?”

 

“No, I’m not hiding anything,” you whisper back.

 

“Well then,” He lets out a chuckle lowly. “Have fun surviving here.”

 

And that last sentence makes you realize that you’ve entered to hell.