Ch. 1

Intertwined Hearts

 

 

“Yes, mom. I know,” You smile.

“Then what are you waiting for? You’re gonna be late. Better hurry up now!” She pushes you lightly out the door.

“Bye, mom!” You wave at her. “And take care,” You chuckle as you saunter away slowly. Your mom nods her head in understand and smiles sweetly as she watches her oldest daughter leaving her.

 

You’re about to sit on one end of the bench at the bus stop but the bus comes already. It’s quiet big.

The door opens, revealing the driver waving his hand to you, signaling to come in quickly. You nod one time and pull your suitcase along with you.

 

“New student?”

“Yes,” you answer as you observe the environment inside the bus. It’s so noisy but you’re not surprise about it.

“Quickly find a place to sit. We’re kind of late,” he says as he points to the back and smiles slightly.

You nod and make your way to the back since that’s the only empty seat. Almost everyone is staring at you and some of them smile. You smile as you look down before you sit.

 

“Well, your place is pretty near from the school.”

You look at the person next to you and nod. “It is-“

“Anyways, I’m Eunji. ” She smiles as she her hand reaches to you.

“I’m Lim. Nice to know you, Eunji. ” You shake her hand.

“I just came back from vacation that’s why I’m taking this bus. ” She lets out a sigh, making you raise your brows.

“Ah…” You nod. “But you don’t have your suitcase with you…”

“Nope, I’m too lazy to bring it, I already have enough clothes in my dorm. ” She laughs lowly. “The students here usually leave their clothes inside their dorms whenever they go back to their homes.”

“I see…”

“Yes. Anyways we don- Ah! We’re here!” She says in a loud tone and you almost jumped.

 

Both of you get off the bus last. You look around the huge place. “Woah…”

She taps on your shoulder. “I’m sorry Lim, I gotta go to my class now, I think I’m late. I’ll show you around later so let’s meet inside the canteen!” She smiles as she jogs to the school building.

“Alright!” You shout back. Quickly, you make you way and enter the dorm building, knowing that you’re late too and you hate to introduce yourself in the middle of the lesson.

 

You push the door open and your eyes widen suddenly as you know you just hit someone with it.

 

He groans in annoy as he rubs his forehead.

“I-I’m so sorry, are you okay?”

“Use your eyes next time. The door says pull not push.”

You look back to the door and he’s right. “I’m sorry!” You bow several times.

“Get off from my way. ” He pushes you away and goes out. He’s in a hurry too. Actually, everyone seems in a hurry.

 

Great, first day and something bad already happened. You sigh, heading to the front office.

 

“Hello, miss. Can I help you?” The lady asks with a sweet tone.

“I’m a new student here and I’d like to ask about my dorm.” You smile.

“Oh, let’s see, you are…” She scans through her computer screen. “Han Lim?”

“Right.”

“The girls dorm is on the left,” A smile forms on her lips. “And your room number is 28.”

You nod in understand. “Alright! Thank you, miss.”

“And please, be hurry. I think your class has started already.”

“Okay…” You say before you start to walk to find your room.

 

 

Lucky for you, it’s not that far. As soon as you reach your room, you unlock the door quickly. It’s not that big but it’s not too small either.  You can’t stop scanning the room until you remember that you have to hurry. Without placing your suitcase properly, you quickly go out and lock the door.

After 5 minutes of running, you finally reach the class, thanks to the map which miss Kim gave you. You inhale a huge gust of air and fix your uniform. Alright, be confident. You knock three times on the door and slowly push the door open.

Everyone is staring instantly and you look at the teacher for a second before murmuring something. “Uh… Is this class B2?” Of course it is, it’s clearly written on the door. You curse yourself and force a smile. “I mean, I’m a new student here… and…”

 

“Han Lim, right? Ah finally!” The teacher snaps his finger and you keep on smiling awkwardly. “Come inside, you’ve missed two lessons already.” He smiles.

You do as he said and stand beside him.

“Close the door again, please,” One of the students says.

“Sorry.” You walk back to the door quickly and close it.

“Taehyung, behave,” The teacher says, making Taehyung scoffs. “Okay, first of all, let’s hear your introduction, Lim.”

 

“Okay…” You take one step forward and scan around the classroom, smiling slightly to everyone. The students seem to anticipate with your intro except for one guy near the window. He just keeps on reading his textbook and doesn’t care about your existence at all until he lifts his head to look at you and…

 

. That’s the guy I met before.

 

You gulp down amount of saliva and smiles awkwardly. “Hello. I’m Han Lim and I hope we all can…” You stop for a second as your eyes meet his cold stare. Actually, he’s just looking at you normally but you can’t help but feel the pressure. “Get along…easily.”

“That’s all?” The teacher asks and you nod. “Well then, nice to know you Lim, I’m Mr. Lee. I hope you feel comfortable here.”

“Sure. Thank you. ” You bow and smile.

“Please have a seat.”

You make your way to the only empty seat carefully and sit on it. You don’t know if it’s a good idea or not to sit here cause good thing is it’s in the middle so you don’t have to struggle trying to look at the board. But it’s also beside the guy you met in the morning.

 

However, you decide not to worry anymore since you apologized.

 


 

The bell rings, signing for the first break. Everyone’s leaving quickly without wanting to talk to you. You sigh and place your stuff under your desk and make your way out of the classroom.

You scan through the map to look for the canteen. Actually, you don’t feel like going there but you already promised Eunji.

 

“Ah, there it is,” You smile as you enter the noisy room. Looking around like a lost person, you try to find Eunji.

“Lim! Here!”

You turn around quickly as soon as you heard her voice. She smiles to you and waves her hand, signing you to join her table.

You walk fast to approach her and take a seat beside her. She has quite lots of friends.

“I thought you were lost!” Eunji chuckles.

“Miss Kim gave me the map already so don’t worry.” You smile.

“So, which class are you in?” Eunji asks as she munches on her food.

“B2…” You sigh.

 

“WHAT?!” Eunji and her friends shout at the same time and you have to cover your ears.

 

“You’re so lucky, I swear!” She says.

“I know right?” The girl in front of you pouts.

“W-what’s wrong?” You ask in confusion.

“That class…is full of good looking people,” The girl on your left says in a dreamy tone.

“Especially Wonwoo.”

“…Wonwoo?” You tilt you head to the side.

“No, I think Jisoo is more cooler!”

“…Jisoo?” You rub your head.

“Quiet you all. Taehyung is the best,” The girl in front of you smirks.

“Ah, Taehyung…” You nod cause he’s the only person you know.

“So, which one of those good looking guys do you like, Lim?” She says. “Oh by the way, I’m Nari. That’s Sana,” She points to the girl on your left.

“Nice to meet you, Nari and Sana,” You smile. “And I don’t like any of them.”

She widens her eyes in surprise and Eunji pokes her. “She’s still new here, you dumb.”

“That’s alr-“ You’re about to finish your sentence but someone cuts it.

“Remember, Eunji? You said you’re going to confess to Wonwoo.”

“Ah, yes,” Eunji looks down, smiling.

“Then go ahead!” She says. “You can do it!”

 

You nod to Eunji even thought you know just little about what’s happening.

 

Eunji takes a deep breath and goes to Wonwoo’s table, which three tables behind where you sit. She shyly walks toward him who’s busy reading something on his phone.

“Eh? That’s Wonwoo?” You ask in disbelief.

“Yes, Lim! Isn’t he good looking?” Nari answers in full of excitement.

So the guy that I hit accidentally with the door was Wonwoo…

 

“Wonwoo…” Eunji looks down as she stands in front of his table.

He doesn’t seem to care and it makes you kind of want to punch him in the face.

“I..like,” She bites her lower lip.

“Spit it out,” Wonwoo says as his eyes finally look at her.

“I like you,” Eunji smiles.

He looks at his phone again and nods. “Alright.”

She stands there waiting for more answer but he seems not interested.

“What should I do with your feelings, Eunji?” He asks coldly.

She blinks in disbelief and bows instead. “I’m sorry,” She says and makes her way back to the table, trying to ignore everyone’s stares. And right after that, Wonwoo goes and leaves the canteen casually.

 

“He’s such a bad guy,” Sana says as she rolls her eyes.

“Right,” Nari nods.

“It’s alright guys, I’m just not his type. I understand,” Eunji smiles slightly as she continues eating, acting like nothing happened.

“I’m going to the toilet for two minutes, alright guys?” You smile as stand from your seat and they all nod.

 

One of the most things I hate in this world is  arrogant people. He could’ve rejected her nicely.

 

You walk out the canteen to look for Wonwoo. Good for you, you still can see him since he’s not that far. You quickly run to him.

“Wonwoo!” As soon as you call out his name, you know you just made the biggest mistake in your life. 

He turns around to find you standing there and lets out a sigh immediately. “Yeah?”

You suddenly feel your confident just drops to the lowest.

“Are you going to say anything?” He asks again but you try not to look at his eyes.

“Why… you-“ You manage to say what you want to say but somehow it’s difficult.

He looks at his watch then folds his arms across his chest.

“Never mind!” You bow and run back to the canteen, leaving him speechless.

 

Great job, Lim! Now you just made yourself look even dumber.