Suicide (Kim Wonshik)

Dark Princes

 

 

 

 

 

The whole concert filled with the screaming and cheering from thousands of audiences. From the stage, the whole band is about to get ready for the next song. The sound of rhythm starts to take over and the vocalist starts to sing.

*Nae gyeote isseojweo

Modu ddeonanda haedo

Neomaneun nal saranghaejweo

Idaero gabeorimyeon

Nan sangcheoman namgessjiman

Yeongweonhan ibyeoleun eobsgil

Nan gidariltende

The dark stadium filled with fire as the sound of guitar and drum start to be wild. The sounds of guns and bombs exploding everywhere, the crazed fans yelled at the top of their lungs. Thunderous booms of the bass, the wonderful voice of the singer, the haunting melody of the guitars, the sweat of the performers unveiled the beginning of the concert.

*Nan nege gago isseo

RUN AWAY WITH YOU

Goeroweo nuneul gamado

Neuggil su isseo nan neomaneun

I’M GONNA RUN

I’M GONNA RUN

RUN AWAY WITH YOU

I’M GONNA RUN

I’M GONNA RUN

I’M GONNA RUN AWAY WITH YOU

The voice of the vocalist echoing from the speaker, bring the feeling of excitement and euphoria to the audience.

From far away of the corner of concert, a mysterious figure stands there with his arms wrap each other. His head is bobbing slowly, following the beat. He seems enjoying it but not being so hysterical just like the others.

Being here and enjoying the show much more giving him the sense of relief and pleasure. He already confined himself in his room for few days. He really needs to go outside to breathe the outside air as well. He knows that being among these humans can be quites risk but they doesn’t seem care about him at all. Sharing the passion from the performance and the enthusiasm takes over them, thus make them only focusing on their favourite band on the stage. 

He and his group always being distance with humans but it doesn’t stop him to enjoying their music. He had already seen so much the revolutions of human’s music from time to time. Classic, rock, metal, ballad, jazz, pop, electronic, dance. In modern era today, music can be found in most commercial music retailers and department stores, and in movie and television soundtracks. To be honest, he can be quite picky because some of the modern songs are nothing but irritating to his ears.

But this band is exceptional. Their vocals are astounding and their music requires with their real instruments and pure voices. Not special effect or anything. Everything came out from them. He is completely drowned by their music until the end of their concert.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

He is taking some walk at a completely dark street. The concert just ended about an hour ago. The only thing that shines the street is just a street lamp from far away. He looks around the corner and noticed a few young women at each side of the street. All of them are wearing skimpy clothes and tight, short skirts with high heels. With heavy makeup and strong perfume, it is definitely matching them as what they are. He looks at them with despicable face.

A bunch of lowly s! All of you sell your own selves for money?! Disgusting!

He really doesn’t want to take this road but he doesn’t have any choice. This is the only road that heading to the main one. He needs to get out from here quickly.

Suddenly, a petite figure bumps to him and make him stop. He takes a look at the figure and can see she smile at him.

“Hello, handsome. Want to have some fun? I’m available now.”

She is wearing a crop, sleeveless shirt and black, tight short. Her slim legs are covered with fishnet stocking. She also has a small, black handbag with long strap clucthes to her shoulder. For a woman like her carrying those bag everywhere, it must be something valuable in it. 

Her hair is wavy dark brown and a little bit messy. Her makeup is quite thick with brown eyeshade, long eyelashes and cherry red lipstick. Her perfume is so strong that he can feel it permeating the air surrounding him. “I’m sorry. I’m not interested.”

He gives the woman a cold look. But, she doesn’t seem affected at all.

“Are you sure?” She crosses her arms under her and intentionally raises them up a bit in order for him to look across her v-cut line.

He is getting piss off now. He could tell that she is trying to seduce him.

The woman looks at him with sheepish smile. “You look so hot when you look at me like that.”

She reaches her hand to touch his cheek but immediately pulls back after she touches his skin.

“Oh dear, you are so cold. Well, never mind that.” She getting closer to him and lands her hand on his chest.

“Let’s just have some fun. Wouldn’t you?” She caresses his chest to his shoulder slowly as she is trying to convince him. The guy expression doesn’t change at all.

Looks like I’m gonna teach you a little bit for messing with me, you stupid human.

He reaches out his hand to the woman’s waist and makes her closer to him. The woman is surprise at first but she can feel that she is successfully getting this guy.

“So, are you agree now?” She is seducingly wrapping her arms around his neck and makes her face closer to his. His skin is really cold but she doesn’t mind it.

“Want to come with me?” She caresses his hair and notices how soft it is.

“No.”

Then, he moves his head at the woman’s side profile and whispering something into her ear.

“You are the one who should come with me.”

“Eh?”

Then, his eyes start to change to crimson red and he quietly smirks. He moves his head to faces the woman.

The woman looks at him and she is really shocks to see his eyes. His eyes are glowing red and suddenly her sight becomes blackout.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

The sound of beeping is echoing through her ear. She tries to open her eyes but it’s really difficult. After closing for a moment, she finally manages to open them. She can see a white ceiling above her and her body is really tired. Then, she looks at her side and notices someone there.

“Um…miss?”

The person replies it and looks at her. She looks surprises when she sees her.

“Oh my God! You awake?!” She went closer to her and checks on her.

“You are awake now! I’ll call the doctor right now!” Then, she went out quickly from the room.

What? A doctor?

She is getting confused right now. Why that woman wants to call a doctor for her? She is not sick.

She is feeling dizzy right now. On top of that, she is so thirsty. She tries to get up but suddenly she feels something hard under her chin. She touches it and feels it. A neck brace?!

She becomes shocks and immediately gets up. But, her whole body suddenly feeling painful. Realising that, she tries to get up as slow as she can. She checks on herself and notices that both her arms are wrapped in bandages. She touches her face and she could feel a bandage on her forehead. What is going on?!

Then, the doctor comes in and went closer to her. “Miss, can you see or hear me?”

She nods her head a little since the brace on her neck prevent her from to do so.

“That’s good. You already in coma for 2 days and we’ve been observe your condition to make sure you alright.”

She is shock by what she heard. “What?! Coma?! 2 days?! How’s that happen?!”

The doctor looks at her with confused face. “You don’t remember?”

“Remember what?”

“That you jump from the rooftop of small office building few days ago?”

“I’m what?! You got to be kidding me!”

“No, miss. It’s true. There are witnesses that saw you stand on the rooftop that time. They thought that you were going to commit suicide and call the police. But before they reach there, you already jump.”

“What?...” She couldn’t believe of what she heard just now. She was tried to committed suicide?! What the hell?!

After a few examinations, the doctor asks the nurse to call someone from outside. The nurse went out and calls them.

Then, there are two people went inside and both of them wearing casual clothes. They stand at her side and introduce them as the detectives from police department.

“We want to ask you a few questions.”

“Sure.”

“Do you remember anything that happened before you jumped from the building?”

She hesitated to answer but she had to. “I know it doesn’t make any sense but… I really don’t remember anything.”

“You don’t? How come you don’t remember anything?”

“It’s true! I just found out that I was jump off the building. I really don’t know anything!”

Two of the exchange the look and one of them nod. “Miss, I’m sorry if I getting too straight right now.”

The whole room getting intense.

“Are you a e?”

She looks at him with wide eyes. “How did you know that?”

“We found your bag at the scene and it is full of money. And the people from the area of the scene recognize you as well.” ‘

Her eyes look down nervously. She couldn’t say anything.

“You don’t remember met with anyone before you went to the building?”

Suddenly, the memories struck to her. “I remember now.”

“What is it?”

“That guy. I think he is the one.”

“What guy?”

“I met him that time to offer my service but he declined. So, I think he is the one who did this.”

“What he look like?”

“Tall, his hair dyed in blue colour, wearing black clothes I think. And he has a really cold skin.”

“Cold skin?”

“Yeah. His skin is cold. I mean very cold. Like when I touched it, its give me some shiver.”

“You think he was the one who pushed you?”

“Yeah.”

“But, the witnesses said that you were alone that time. There’s no way that guy pushed you.”

“They could be mistaken. I really don’t remember anything about going up to the building.”

“No, they’re not. Some of them manage to reach at the rooftop before you jump to stop you. And they said there’s no anyone at that time except you. And you voluntarily jump down by yourself.”

She is getting more shock than before. She couldn’t believe it. She jumped off the building by herself and the guy that she met that night was gone just like that. She already feels the horror and her body shaking without her willing.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

“It looks like she doesn’t lying to us.”

“Yeah. But it’s really weird for her to jump off the building like that without any sense.”

“That’s true. Doctor, what is the result of her blood test?”

“The result shows that she has a small amount of alcohol but it is not strong enough to make her drunk. And there is no presence of any drug or chemicals that causing the hallucination.”

“This is really weird. What make it worse, we really don’t know how on earth she get up there. According to the security guard, all doors and windows are locked. And there’s no any sign of intrusion. What are we going to write our report after this?”

“There’s no way we have to write that she went to the building by climb up. The building’s wall is made of concrete and there’s no way she can climb up there without any rope or something. All those things are not found anywhere.”

“For 7 years I’m being a detective, but this is the weirdest case ever.”

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

“Wonshik-ah!”

“Ne, hyung?”

“Why are your clothes smell like a woman’s perfume?”

“What?” He went closer to Hakyeon with the bag full of their dirty clothes.

“Here. Smell this.”

He smells his clothes and much to his surprise, the smell of perfume is still there.

“Wonshik-ah.” Hakyeon stares at him. “Do you flirt with any woman yesterday?”

“No! Of course not! I just went out to go to concert few days ago. Must be some random people that bump to me.” Wonshik try to give some excuses.

“Really?” Hakyeon’s stare become more intense. “Don’t make me use my ability on you. You better be honest with me.”

Sweat starting to form on Wonshik’s forehead. He is totally busted right now. Whether he want to tell the truth or let Hakyeon know it by himself.

He let out his sigh. “Okay. Actually, few days ago…”

 

“Let’s just have some fun. Wouldn’t you?” She caresses his chest to his shoulder slowly as she is trying to convince him. The guy expression doesn’t change at all.

‘Looks like I’m gonna teach you a little bit for messing with me, you stupid human.’

He reaches out his hand to the woman’s waist and makes her closer to him. The woman was surprise at first but she can feel that she is successfully getting this guy.

“So, are you agree now?” She is seducingly wrapping her arms around his neck and makes her face closer to his. His skin is really cold but she doesn’t mind it.

“Want to come with me?” She caresses his hair and notices how soft it is.

“No.”

Then, he moves his head at the woman’s side profile and whispering something into her ear.

“You are the one who should come with me.”

“Eh?”

Then, his eyes start to change to crimson red and he quietly smirk. He moves his head to facing the woman.

The woman looks at him and she is really shock to see his eyes. His eyes are glowing red and suddenly her sight become blackout.

He look at her eyes and he can see there’s no life in it. He smile, satisfied with what he see right now. The woman is completely control by him. Then, he lean at her again and whisper to her ear.

“Be a good girl and come with me.”

He let go of the woman and walk away. The woman just obediently follows him from behind.

He look around of the area and notice there’s a three-storey building at the right side of the road. The distance is about three blocks away. He smile at it and look at the woman.

She just standing there like a lifeless doll.

He went closer to her and carry her in the bride style. He jumps from one building to another and finally reaches on the rooftop.

He put the woman down and put his hand on her head. Like he wants to give her some instruction in her brain.

After a few second, he let go of the woman’s head and let her walk away from him.

He smirks at her and feeling proud that he’s controlling her like a puppet.

The moment when she reach at the ledge and climb up on it, she stands there for a few minutes.

Not for long, the voices can be heard from down.

“Look! There’s someone up there.”

“What is she doing up there?!”

“Hey! Miss! What are you doing there?!”

He smiles when he hears the commotion down there. This is the best part.

‘You got what you deserve for bothering me and making me pissed off. It’s okay. At this height, you will not gonna die. Just with few broken bones and fractured skulls.’

Then, he hears the footsteps from behind. ‘This is it.’

He runs to the side and jumps to the taller building and look down.

The door from the rooftop is open and few people come out. They call the woman and tries to stop her.

“Miss, stop! Don’t jump!”

‘Too late.’

His eyes becomes glowing red and the woman move her one foot at the air and jump down.

All the people at the scene scream in horror.

The woman is lying on the ground with blood flowing out from her head.

He smiles widely at the view and completely satisfied with it.

The fun is over and he jumps away to another place.

 

“Aish!! You idiot! Just because that woman make you irritating by try to capture you, you make her jump off the building and make it look like a suicide?!”

Hakyeon hit Wonshik’s head. Wonshik groans painfully and immediately grab his head.

“Hyung! I already told that I rejected her but she is really stubborn! It is totally disgusting me!”

“Yeah, but thanks to you, you going to make another unsolved case for human! I’m already mess up before but not you!”

Wonshik thought for a second and it finally hit him. “Oh…that case of the body of serial criminal that found at the dark alley.”

“Yeah, that one.”

“Well, those make three of them.”

Both of them look at direction where the voice coming from.

“Oh, Taekwoon hyung.”

“What do you mean by three?” Hakyeon looks at him confusedly.

“Actually, I’m already make interaction with them as well few months ago.”

Both of their jaws about to drop on the floor.

“You?! Seriously?!”

“Well, to be blunt, they are the one who tried to mess up with me. They are just a bunch of crap humans who tried to be tough by beating up for anyone who came to their so-called-territory mistakenly.”

“They? How many of them?” Wonshik asks him curiously.

Taekwoon think it for a second. “I think there are ten of them.”

“Ten?!!” Hakyeon and Wonshik scream in unison.

“You beat up ten of them?! Are you serious?!” Hakyeon’s heart about to drop off.

“Yeah.”

Hakyeon slap his forehead, couldn’t believe of what he heard just now.

“Well, guys. It looks like if we have to go somewhere, we need to be careful. Make sure that we don’t stand out so much. And most importantly, make sure that all of you don’t making any interaction with them if we need. Remember that.”

“Okay, hyung. We will be careful next time.”

Taekwoon also nod, signing he understand of Hakyeon’s words.

 

 

 

 

 

 

*The song from the concert is Royal Pirates - Run Away