Nightmare (Jung Taekwoon)

Dark Princes

 

 

 

It is night time right now but the whole street is really busy as people crowded to buy a lot of good things that sells by a lot of street vendors. Eventhough the sound of people walking and talking fill in his ears, but the sound of the seller trying to attract the people attention to buy their food can be heard.

He is quite amazed to see these people still lingering at this street when they supposed to go home at times like this. He guesses to himself that this is not an ancient time where people have to straight at home after work. Time has changed, and so for people.

He has live long enough to see the changes. He already knows that this street used to be an empty land as far as eyes can see. He also already saw how the whole shop houses were built at first. If he tells these people about how much he knows of this street, they would never take it seriously. Well, of course. He and his friends are the creatures that need to be hidden among of these people. They need to live in shadow. Their existence must not be known by them, mortal humans.

He just walks there and not even interested with any kind of foods here. The aroma maybe can seduce a lot of customers to buy them, but not him. He is a little bit hungry now, but those foods don’t seem edible to him. He just walks away from one place to another, observing the people.

He manages to get out from that chaotic place and decided to go to the quite place. He looks around to make sure there are no any people and after he feels a bit secure, he jumps to balcony at third floor and jumps again from another floor to another until he reaches at the top of 15-storeys apartment. At this height, no one will be able to see him to uses his ability. Then, he jumps from the apartment to another building.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

For about an hour of travel, he reaches the residential area. The whole area is really quite as it is night time and nobody went out right now. He continues to jump and found the small abandoned factory. He jumps from the top of street lamp to the entrance of the place.

He takes a looks at the place. The building looks really old, some of the windows and doors are missing, and the wall is covered by a lot of graffiti and vines and leaves has overgrown at the rusty fences. This place is surely was abandoned a long time. It’s really creepy for any human to come here especially at night. But for him, this place looks alright to him.

He went inside of the factory and he can see a lot of dust and cobwebs on ceiling and walls. The empty space where a window would have stood, where shattered, sharp remains of glass still lie and the whole place are covered in trash, paper, wood and dirt. There are few of metal chains still dangling from the ceiling.

He looks around and there’s nothing inside of this factory. As he was about to walk, his feet hit something. He looks on the ground and he noticed there’s a bottle. He picks it up and notices something strange. There is some water inside of it and he smells it. Alcohol. The bottle looks new and the label still attaches on it. There’s no way it was abandoned here along with this factory. Maybe someone brought it here recently. He throws the bottle at behind, the sound of the bottle broken can be heard. Nothing interesting here, he walks out from there.

He goes out from the building and goes through the entrance. As he turns right when he is at the sidewalk, he can hear someone call him.

“Hey, you!”

He stops his track and turns around to figure out the owner of the voice.

He sees a group of men staring at him with intimidating look. There are about 10 of them. All of them wearing casual dark-colored shirts and sleeveless clothes with ripped jeans. Three of them have cigarette on their lips. He can see there are tattooes on their arms and necks and some piercings on their faces. He can tell that they are delinquents. Each of their hair has different style. Some of them are blonde and some of them with prominent colour like green and yellow, the one with long hair tied at the back with each side was shaved, there is one person was shaved and scratch with triangular pattern. What a weird style. 

One of them takes a few steps to the front. He has red spiky hair and has piercing on his lips. Maybe it’s their leader.

“Do you know that this old damn place is ours? How dare you go inside just now?”

 The other one came to the front, “You looking for trouble, pretty boy. You went to our territory just now.”

The man doesn’t agitate a bit. He looks at them with serious looking and doesn’t move any muscle.

“Well, I guess I have to give you a little bit of lesson for intruding our place.” He looks at the other guy and asks him to come out.

The guy with blonde hair come out and is about ready to give some ‘lesson’ to the man in front of him. “Want me to beat him at the face or his stomach?”

“Suit yourself.”

The blonde guy is throwing a punch to the man and the man manages to avoid it. He throws another punch and he avoids it again. Then, he let out his kick from side to kick his head yet the man dodging his body much faster. The guy throws punches and kicks to him but he moves a bit faster to avoid all of it.

“You coward! Don’t just avoid! Just fight like a man, damn it!”

He let out his kick to the front with full power. The man catches his leg and holds it. The guy stunt for a bit but what comes next is worse. The man lifts up his elbow and hit on the guy’s shin bone. The strength makes his bone crack and the guy lets out the scream.

The others who look at it shock of what they hear. The guy falls on the floor yet his leg is still hanging on the man’s arm. The man grabs his shirt and tosses him at the front. The man is throwing away like a rag doll to his friends and he immediately grabs his leg as it so painful to him. His other friends drag him to them and look at his condition. They can see his leg is crook and it is such a horror to see it.

The leader looks at his friends not able to continue to fight. He looks at the man and realise that he take him too lightly.

“So, you want to fight back, huh?!” Then, he looks at the large, muscular guy. “You! Come out and finish him!”

The muscular guy came out and he cracks his knuckles, ready to beating someone. The guy is about a foot taller than him but he didn’t care.

“You hurt one of my friends. So, you have to pay for it.”

He ran to the man and throws a punch to him. The man blocks the punch with his left hand. Then, he grabs it tightly. The muscular guy can feel that the man grab his fist too tightly. He tries to pull it but he can’t as the force of his grab is inhumanely strong. The man throws his fist to his side and let out a kick to the stomach. The guy grabs his stomach and he couldn't scream as his gut was strike with strong force. Suddenly, the man jumps to reaches his height. He gives him a flying kick to the face and the guy fall on the ground. The blood flows out from his nose, some of his teeth are broken and his eyes rolled backward. He is definitely passed out.

The other delinquents can’t believe what they just saw. Their strongest member was fall down less than a few seconds. Not only that, he was beaten by a guy who smaller and skinnier than him.

The leader of the group can’t take this defeat. “All of you! Kill him!!”

The other 7 people run to him and some of them grab iron pipe and thick wood from nearby. They circling around him, thinking that this will give them some benefit.

“You bastard! See how you can defeat all of us!”

They go to him at the same time. He notices the guy with shaved head has iron pipe in his hand and ready to hit him. He takes the opprtunity by quickly takes the iron pipe from his hand and jump on top of his head. His foot stomp on the guy's shoulder and landing behind him. He knocks the guy with a bit of force and he falls down with blood flowing on his head. The pipe is bent a bit but it still can be used to beat the others. Two of the people go to him to beat him with large wood stick and another iron pipe. The man lifts up the bent pipe and hit the first person on hand that grab the large stick thus breaking his bone and kicks him to the head. For the other, he grabs his iron pipe and twisting it. The iron pipe is released from his grasp and the man punches on his throat and kick on his chest.

The other guy with brass knuckle throws his fist to the man. The man avoids it and grabs the guy’s arm and hit the elbow from below thus breaking his joint. The guy screams in pain and he is thrown to the street lamp. The impact leaves some dent on the pole. Another one goes to attack from his back, but the man’s movement is inhumanely fast and he kicks the guy’s stomach. Then, he kicks the one of the guy’s leg and he bumps on the ground.

The other two guys try to attack at the same time. The man kicks the first guy on the face and throw punches on the second guy’s at his lower ribs and broke them. The first guy grabs his face and his nose is broken and bleeding. The second guy grabs his broken ribs and kneels down.  The man gives the first guy the last kick on his stomach and the force of the kick make the guy are pushes about few meters away. For the second guy, he knocks him with a slashed on the back on his neck and he is immediately faint.

The man looks at each of them and seeing how weak they are right now. A few minutes ago, they look so confident to mess with him. And they finally got what they deserve. Then, he looks at the leader.

The leader looks shocks and confuses right now. All of s had got beat up badly and only he is the one left. He looks at the man in front of him. The man’s expression looks so calm and there is no sign of him look tired. This is ridiculous! He beat up 9 men by himself and yet he is still standing there like this is just some kind of warm up before the real fight. This man is not normal! 

“You think I’m going to let you go just because you beat them like pulp?! I will make you regret for this, you son of a b****!!”

He takes off his jacket and reveals his white shirt and a huge snake tattoos on his both arms.

He gets ready in the fight position.

The man just slowly walks to him closer and closer. Then, he stops and standing in front of him with unchanging expression. They staring for a long time, analyse the way to defeat their enemy.

Then, he throws his punch to the man’s face but he gets avoid it. The guy throws his punches and kicks everywhere, from right, from left, from above, from below. But, he just wastes his energy. The man gets to avoid and block all of them.

When he is about to get tired, the man uses his leg to block his kick and then, he grab his punch. When second punch about to land on him, he also able to catch it. He twists both of the guy’s arms and the sound of cracking can be heard loudly. The guy let out his scream and he looks both of his arms are twists more than they could. Then, the man kicks his left leg on the knee bone and it is broken as well.

The guy falls down as his knee bone are crack and can’t support him anymore. He moans in pain and he just kneeling on the ground helplessly.

The man grabs the guy’s red hair and looks at him.

“Looks like your ‘lesson’ has already done. Now, it’s my turn.”

The man’s eyes change from dark brown to crimson red. Looking at his red eyes, his body suddenly trembles from terrified. And suddenly he can feel that his red eyes absorbed him to another dimension. He closes his eyes tightly. He has no courage to see what will happen to him.

Suddenly, he can hear someone voice but in different language. Then, he hears a lot of people’s voices, sounding like they are angry of something. Surprisingly, he can feel something hard hit his head. S***! Who did that?!

When he opens his eyes, he sees a lot of people pointing at him and loudly abuse him. Looks like a group of villagers. But, what makes him feel weird are the clothes of those people wearing. It looks like they are wearing the clothes from the medieval times. What is this?! Some kind of freak show or something?!

When he is about to move, he can feel his hands are tied from behind. He is tied on the stake and above him are a hunk of dry woods and hay. What is going on?!

And suddenly, there’s one man come to the front and speak something that the guy couldn’t figure out what it is. The man is holding a large cross in his hand and pointing at him. He looks like a priest. He points at him with cross in his hand and says something like he is curse to him.

“What the f*** is wrong with you?! Who are you and why am I doing here?! Release me! NOW!!”

Then, something is thrown by the one of the villagers to him and hit his chest. He groans with pain and looks at it. It is a stone. “What the heck?! Who did that?!”

After that, he is throwing with soil and broken woods. The villagers throw a lot of things to him until his whole body is full of dirt, bruises and blood. He tries to open his eyes but his left eye was thrown by rock and it is bleeding, prevent him to opens it. He is heavily injured now.

Then, the priest orders the man dress in knight to lit the fire.

The guy starts to panic. He tries to loose the rope at his hands but he can’t. He struggles as much as he can but it didn’t loose a bit. The fire starts to spread from below to above and it is getting larger. He can feel how hot it is and he tries harder to loose the rope. However, the fire starts to rise up. The temperature is getting higher and the guy starts to scream.

“WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING HERE?!! HELP ME!! HELP!!!”

The fire makes his surrounding feeling extreme hot and he is going to die here. He coughs up as the smoke starting to fog up around him. Then, he couldn’t breathe as the smoke start to choke him up.

In the other dimension, the man looks at him. He can see the guy start to tremble and cough up very badly eventhough there’s no any smoke around.

“Looks like you are experiencing the torture of burning at the stake. It’s been a long time I’ve seen this punishment since I was at Europe during 17th centuries.”

He crouches at his side, enjoying look at his victim being torture. "Usually it used to execute for people who practicing black magic or commiting treason. But, for someone as s*** as you, it is a best yet worst 'lesson', aren't they?" He looks at the man's face and smirks at him seeing how miserable he is.

He gets up and turn saround, walks up from the guy who still under the torture in his mind. Then, his phone is ringing. He takes out from his pocket and answering it.

“Hello?”

“Taekwoon-ah, where are you now?” Oh, it’s Hakyeon.

“I’m at some residential area to take some walk.”

“You must come home right now. I can predict that you will be hungry at the time like this. So I got a few bottles of wine of blood here.”

“Where did you get that?”

“Of course from some of friend of mine at Transylvania. You better get home faster before Sanghyuk finish them. ”

“Well, then. See you at home soon.”

“Okay.”

He hangs up the call and put the phone back to his pocket. Then, he turns around to look at the guy, still tremble and his face full of horror. He smiles when he sees how tormented he is.

“Just stay like that until tomorrow morning. Your nightmare will end at that time.” He smirks, enjoying the view of the guy being tortures.

He jumps on the ground and climbs on the wall of the factory and went home.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

“Taekwoon-ah, you home.”

Taekwoon closes the door. The dining room has a gothic design but not too dark with dining table and chair made of black wood and white cushion and the Persian carpet spread under them. The wall was painted with light brown and there are two large windows covered with white curtains. At the center of the room, an antique chandelier with candles-shaped lamp is hanging on the ceiling. It is more like a combination of gothic with modern design interior.

Hakyeon sit at the end of the dining table with 2 bottles of wine contain with blood. One of them was opened and only half of the bottle is left. At Hakyeon’s hand, he holds a wine glass containing the thick, dark red liquid.

“Just only these left?” Taekwoon walks to where Hakyeon sit.

“No. There is still another 3 bottles in the refrigerator. I was waiting for you. So that’s why I take out two of them.”

“What about the others?” Taekwoon pulls off the chair and sit on it.

“They already finish their food 10 minutes ago. So, I guess they just do their own business. Here.” Hakyeon pushes another wine glass to Taekwoon. Taekwoon takes it and open up the wine bottle. He pours in it and put the bottle at his side. He takes the glass and sips it. He let his tongue tastes the flavor before swallow it. 

“Not bad. Looks like your friends choose the good one.” Then, he drinks it until the last drop. Then, he pours again.

“Good if you like it.” Hakyeon smiles, looking at Taekwoon enjoying his meal.

The two of them are enjoying their dinner at the night of full moon.