Dark Alley (Cha Hakyeon)

Dark Princes

 

 

 

 

The figure is staring at the city with blank face. His black hair is blown by the cold night wind, adding the mysterious feeling of him. His hands are quietly inside of his trousers’ pocket and he doesn’t move by inch.

He still stares at every corner of the city without any interest. His group is still not coming back yet and he try to fill his time by walking around the city, looking every human that he saw. However, the feeling of bored is coming again. He takes out the phone from his pocket, looks at his phone again and checks out at the time. 12:47 AM

He put his phone back to his pocket and let out deep sigh.

They said they will call me if they reach at home. Where the heck they are right now?!

Feeling a bit upset, he jump from the top of the building. He made a zigzag jump from one floor to one floor, as the two large building were build side by side. Finally, he landed smoothly on the ground. He stand up and look at his around, he is at the dark alley, behind the building.

He walks away from the alley until he hears a woman’s scream from far away.

“NO!!!”

Then, he hears a man’s voice.

“You damn b****!! Give me the damn bag!”

Jeez, what going on right now?!

His enjoyment to take some walk has already ruined. He walks to the front and the sound become much clear. After that, he sees a man grab the woman’s bag and hand while the woman helplessly tries to resist him.

“Let go of me!!”

“Give me your bag, or I will kill you!!”

One of the steps that he made when he reach them hit the puddle. The sound from it attracts their attention. Both of them look at him but with different feeling. One of them surprise while other feel relieve.

The figure stare at them like it was nothing that amused him. He looks at the man with intense stare. The hood from his jacket almost covered part of the man’s face. The man stares at him with confused face. Then, he stares at the woman. The woman looks at him with the face that mixed with nervousness and amazement.

The figure tilts his head to the side, signaling the woman to go. The woman, understanding his gesture, takes her bag from man’s hand and run to the figure.

“Thank you.” Her voice almost whispers to him. She bows her head a little to the figure and run away.

After the woman missing from his sight, he looks at the man. The man looks so pissing off right now. His victim that supposed to give him something valuable that he desperately wants has gone just like that. It’s his fault! His fault!!

He quickly takes out the holding knife and point at the figure. “So, you trying to be a hero, huh?!! You damn bastard!! I lost a lot because of you!!”

He ran to the figure and tries to stab him.

But, as he is about to stab him, the figure suddenly disappear.

He looks stunned for a second. Then, he hears a voice. “I’m right here.” He looks at his behind and the figure is there, calmly looking at him.

He turns his body to the back and swing the knife to him.

But, the figure catches his hand and gives the man a kick to the stomach. He holding his stomach and groan in pain. He could feel one of his rib is broken.

The figure looks at the man. The kick is not that strong enough for the being like him but can be deadly for normal human like the man in front of him.

I’m not as strong as Taekwoon but this is enough to take him down. He looks at the man like he is some kind of parasite and doesn’t feel any sympathy toward him.

The man try to stand up but the pain from his stomach is too painful that he couldn’t bring his legs to the front to lift his body. Then, for a few seconds, he could feel his neck was grabbing by someone. Not only that, he was push to the wall. The impact from the speed makes the wall crack. He let out his groan as he feels the pain from both his broken rib and his back.

The man grabs to his neck with one hand and he is pinned at the wall. He tries to release his neck from his grab but he couldn’t. No matter how much he struggle, his hand didn’t hesitate a bit. He is inhumanely strong.

He looks at the man that grabs him. He couldn’t believe what he sees just now.

His eyes become crimson red and it is full of murderous intent. The moment when he opens his mouth, he could see that he has fangs. What the heck?! This is not normal! Who is this guy?!

His body trembles with fear. He could feel that the guy will murder him judging how he looks at him.

He let out his trembling voice that stuck from his throat. “Please… Have mercy… Please… Don’t…kill me… Please…” He tries to beg him but the figure respond him by chuckle.

“You tried to kill me a while ago and now you beg me? What a joke…” The figure smirks at him and shove his long, sharp nails to his stomach. The man let out scream as he could feel the nails dig into his gut deeply. The blood spurts out from his body and makes it look like a horror scene from the movie.

The man coughs some blood and he could feel his death is coming. He let out his cry loudly. He is going to die this time!

“Please! I don’t want to die!! I DON’T WANT TO DIE!!” He grabs the figure’s hand, begging him again and again.

The figure stares at the man with his cold, red eyes. “Don’t take this wrongly. I didn’t do this because of that woman. But, it is because I’m very piss right now.”

The man looks at him with eyes full of fear and confusion.

“I’m just having a little walk here and coincidently, you ruined it by steal that woman’s bag. I tried to give you some warning by not messing with me. But, right now, you went too far by tried to shove that little knife to me. Who do you think you are?”

He inserts his nails deeper to the man’s body and the man’s scream in both fear and pain.

“You messed with wrong people, human.”

Then, he let out his nails from the man’s stomach and stabs them into the man’s trachea and the blood spurt out from it. The man couldn’t let out his scream as his trachea is already damage. He manages to grabbing the figure’s hands and after a bit of struggle, he stop move.

The figure looks at him with satisfied smile. He let out his nails from the man’s neck and let go of him. The man’s body is slowly in sitting position as he was pinned on the wall during his torture.

The figure looks at his bloody left hand. He took a sniff a bit and immediately disgusted by it.

Judging by the smell, he couldn’t tell that this guy ruined his life more than just being a thief.

He slowly reaches out his hand to the man’s head and touches it. He closes his eyes and he could see thousands of images coming from this man’s mind. He stops at one point of the image and takes a look at it.

He can see a male teenager fight with old man in place that looks like a fancy living room. Maybe it’s their house. He tries to hear their conversation.

 

“What is wrong with you?! You already caused much trouble long before and now you befriend with those nasty delinquents! Where am I going to put my face right now?! The only son of CEO of Maze Corporation becomes the troublemaker at school!” The old man dressing in dark brown nightgown presses his fingers on his temple, frustrated by what happen.

The boy looks at his father with frown face. “What’s wrong with you, dad? You never pay any attention to me before. Why you feel so irritating now? I’m already did a lot of things that make you disapprove me and now you finally have your eyes on me?”

“What did you say?!” The old man looks at him with intense eyes.

“Come on, dad. It’s not like this was never happen before. I already done much worse than you could imagine.” The boy looks at his dad with grin on his face.

The old man’s eyes become wider when he hears his son’s confession.

“You embarrass for having a useless son like me? You feel that I’m not good enough for your image as CEO? Okay, fine! It’s my turn to tell you! I’m also embarrassed for having you as father!” The boy points his finger to his father.

“What?!” The old man’s expression becomes more intense.

“You think I don’t know that you were having affair with other women behind mother’s back?! You should thank to me that she doesn’t know this, even on her deathbed! You should thank me, dad! You can let yourself being comfortable with those without worrying her, don’t you?!”

The old man let out his slap to the boy and the boy holds his cheek. He could feel how painful it is but not much painful from his heart. He already hates his father so much and the pain on his cheek doesn’t bother him much.

“You are such a disgrace to me. I thought I could count on you in the future but I was totally wrong. You are absolutely never getting any benefit to me.”

The son looks at him with face completely full of hatred. He walks closer to his father. “Okay. If I’m such a pain to you, I will leave this house. Right now.”

He walk away from his father and went to upstairs.

“You punk!”

The boy stops his walk.

“If you really want to get out from this house, you are no longer my son!”

He stands there for a second, then went to his room.

He grabs his bag and fills it with his clothes. He came out from his room and went downstairs. He takes a look at his father. His father sits on the sofa without even looking at him. The boy let out annoying sound and went out to the door.

 

The image becomes more blur and it seems getting fast forward.

He could see the boy’s life after he was run away from his house. He lives as delinquent for a long time and he also became addicted to drugs. He can sees how he shove the weird looking pills in his throat. He lives by stealing and beating people and ended up being killed by him.

He opens his eyes slowly and looks at the man’s body.

“Such a pathetic human. You not only messed your life up but also your body.”

“What kind of mess he did?”

The figure stunned by the voice and look up. He saw a guy with blue hair.

“Oh, Wonshik. You’re here. How do you know I was here?”

“I smelled a really strong scent of blood here. So that's why I came here. What are you doing? Did you kill him?” Wonshik squat down at Hakyeon’s side.

“Yes, I was.”

“What he did that make you kill him?”

“He tried to stab me with his knife after he saw me when he tried to rob some woman. So I give him some torture before killed him.”

“I see. So, you see his past just now?”

“Yeah. He is totally such a loser.”

“Why?”

“He used to live with his wealthy family but his family is not as good as we thought. So, he ran away from home and become petty criminal and what make it worse, he addicted to drug to the point his body couldn’t take it anymore.”

“How do you know that?”

Hakyeon reach out his bloody hand to Wonshik. “Here, smell this.”

Wonshik take a sniff from it and he let out some words. “He has cancer?”

Hakyeon nod. “He couldn’t live much longer. Well, just think it as I ended his suffers much quicker.” Hakyeon get up from his position. “Let’s go home.”

Wonshik nod at him.

As they were about to leave, Wonshik stare at the body. "Hyung."

Hakyeon look at him.

"Do you think how long for this body to be find?"

"I don't know. Judging by this place, not many people came here or walk here. Maybe about few days..."

"So, he is going to be rot at here? What a way to die..."

Hakyeon smile at him.

Then, they both jump to the top of the building. 

They jump from one building to another at those dark night.

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

The female student is walking on street while talking on the phone.

“I know. I will come to your house tonight. Promise. Bye.” She hangs up the phone and went to the confectionery shop.

“Yes, miss. What would you like?” The worker greets the student with smile.

“I want this and that.”

“Okay. How many packets do you want for each?”

“Two packets for each.”

“Okay.”

While waiting for the worker to packing the candies, she takes a look at the television from café corner of the shop. It is the news right now. Well, not very much for her unless there’s something that attracts her. The voice from the female anchor can heard from her distance.

“The police had found the body believed to be a serial criminal who are wanted by the police for robbery and assault charge. The body was found in the alley behind the XXXX building yesterday.”

The student shock by what she heard just now. What? XXXX building? She suddenly remembers that she went to that alley 3 nights ago after she met her friends for party that night. She looks at the TV and tries to listen it.

“According to the police investigation, the suspect is dead from blood loss due to being stabbed through the stomach and throat. His body was found by a cleaning worker who is on duty at the time.”

Then, the picture of the suspect appears out from TV. The student’s eyes become wider.

That’s him! It’s the guy that attacked her that night! He was dead?! That means the guy who saved her that time…

“Miss.”

She surprise by the worker as she handed her packets of candies.

“Thank you. How’s much?”

The worker tells her candies’ price and she gives her the bill and went out.

As she walks out from the door, she tries to remember of what happened that night. She tried to recollect the image of the man that saved her from being the robbery victim.

That guy… She still remembers how he looks. Dark hair with dark brown eyes, wearing a black suit which matches with his tall figure, giving some terrifying yet mysterious aura. He looks like a figure from romantic manhwa, look so inhumane beautiful and could beat any professional model by his artistically look. But, what make him dreamier is he saved her.

If she is given a wish right now, she wants to meet him and say thank you to him. But unfortunately, she doesn’t have a chance to meet him that time. She was too afraid and thought about saved her life.

It may weird for some people but she is feeling grateful that mysterious guy saved her eventhough killing people is wrong. 

Maybe I shouldn’t tell the police about what happen that night…

She was involved in murder case but she has a strong feeling that she shouldn't tell anyone about this. Everyone. Her family. Her friends. She tell herself to keep quite about it. This is her big secret and the criminal got punished for what he did. 

Then, she take a step and leave the place.