Hurts Like a

Atlas

 


Hurts Like a

 

 Jungkook slapped him across the face before Taehyung could even pull away. 

Taehyung slowly backed away from Jungkook, sliding his hand onto his cheek where Jungkook slapped him.

"How can you be so chill about this, huh?" Jungkook said before exiting the boys bathroom.

Taehyung followed after Jungkook, keeping his distance.

Jungkook sat back in seat at the table. "Ordered pizza yet?" 

Taehyung felt teary-eyed as he took a seat. He avoided making eye contact with the boy who sat next to him. Why was he being this way toward Jungkook? He ought to know what he done wrong and shouldn't be too early on getting Jungkook's acceptance of apology. Taehyung deserved that slap Jungkook gave to him.

"Um, no. We were waiting on you guys to return." Mr. Kim replied back to Jungkook.

The waitress came back with the drinks. She passed the drinks out. "Ready to order, boys?" 

"Yes, since these boys can't obviously make up their mind, just get one cheese and pepperoni pizza. Possibly sausage, too." Mr. Kim said kindly to their waitress. The waitress smiled and took the menus from the gentlemen who were sitting at the table before walking away.

"Are you looking forward to eating all that, sir?" Hoseok smirked as he took a sip of his drink.

"Why? Do you want me to?" Mr. Kim sarcastically asked.

"No, I'm literally starving. Someone didn't take us out to lunch today." Hoseok answered and rolled his eyes. Mr. Kim glared at Hoseok. "Well if you're hungry, you go out and take the car to get you something to eat."

"I think it's a little too late now to do that." Jimin butted in the conversation, eyeballing Yoongi before Mr. Kim.

Yoongi glanced at Jimin as he spoke.

"Look, you guys, I'll explain everything as soon as we get to my wife's house." Mr. Kim assured the crowd of teenagers.

Jimin nodded. 

Mr. Kim looked over at Taehyung. "How are you doing?" 

Taehyung gulped roughly and put on a fake smile. "Good, thanks for checking up on me." 

"You're wel-.. Taehyung, what happened to your cheek?" Mr. Kim took Taehyung's hand off his cheek to get a better look. Mr. Kim's mouth dropped slowly as he glanced at Jungkook. "Did you do this to him?" 

"No, I didn't, sir! I swear!" Jungkook lied.

Taehyung's dad looked back at the reddish bruise placed on Taehyung's cheek. "So you're telling me Taehyung magically smacked himself and came out of the bathroom looking like a bright red tomato!" 

"I didn't do it.."

Taehyung sat up and moved closer to Baekhyun, getting away from his dad. "I hit something. Don't ask me what it was, but I did. I'm o-okay." 

Baekhyun wrapped an arm around Taehyung and the bruise on Taehyung's cheek. Jungkook glanced at the moment between Baekhyun and Taehyung. The redheaded boy layed his head on Baekhyun's chest. Jungkook almost choked on his own saliva. "I did it, okay..?" Jungkook admitted.

Taehyung sat up and slightly moved away from Baekhyun but not enough to have a huge gap between the two. He shook his head at Jungkook and mouthed slowly for Jungkook to read word by word. "Don't go in that direction."

Jungkook sighed and closed his eyes before opening his eyes again. 

"You lied, Jungkook?" Mr. Kim looked at Jungkook. Jimin rubbed Jungkook's back. Hoseok had his face in his hands while Yoongi was cuddling onto him for comfort.

"I did, sir." Jungkook nodded.

Mr. Kim nodded too and sat up straight in his seat. "We'll deal with this when we arrive at the camping site, young man."

"Sir, I can explain-" 

"Good, I'm glad to hear it. When we get to our location."

Jungkook slumped on his seat and glanced at how Baekhyun and Taehyung were getting close with each other. Taehyung layed his head back onto Baekhyun's chest and Baekhyun kissed Taehyung's forehead as the redheaded boy the boys' chin. 

Dating my friend already?

Jungkook looked in another direction and smirked. "Should I flirt with Jimin to Taehyung's attention?" he thought. "Wait, what am I saying? I don't even like the guy as it is. Maybe I miss Taehyung?" He shook his head and scooted away from Jimin, getting the thought in his head on why he would ever use his best friend to get close with an unknown stranger he hardly knows?

The waitress arrived with their pizzas and set the pizzas on three stands in front of the gentlemen. "Have a great evening, sir." she said and smiled at Mr. Kim. "Thanks, you as well." he replied and smiled back as she walled away from the table. 

"Jungkook, a word?" Hoseok said out loud. Jungkook glanced at Hoseok and mouthed, "why?". Hoseok shook his head, and grabbed a slice of pizza off the closest stand. Yoongi leaned towards Hoseok and whispered in his ear. "Why do you need to talk to Jungkook?" 

Hoseok set down his pizza before he even took a bite. "It's about Taehyung." he whispered back. Yoongi's shoulders fell down as he heard those words. "about Taehyung". He rested his chin on Hoseok's shoulder. "Why? You're not like.. into him, right?" 

Hoseok almost choked on his saliva. "No, why would you say that?" He looked at Yoongi with a concerned look. Yoongi shrugged. "You seem closer to him then I actually thought." Hoseok shook his head. "Not really. And don't think that way, I like you. Not Taehyung. Plus, I just wanted to ask Jungkook what happened when they were in the bathroom." 

Yoongi sighed. "So you can abuse him on this camping trip, yeah, I understand." Hoseok rolled his eyes. "Taehyung's my best friend and I should protect him by harmful people." 

"Protect him? Last time I checked Taehyung doesn't like anyone's protection. Not even me, to be honest."

"So? I don't care what Taehyung says. I'm his friend and I should be there for him and protect him at all costs."  Hoseok stated. Yoongi's started to bulge. "Sounds like you still have those feelings inside for him." 

"I don't, Yoongi. I'm just worried about him.." Hoseok glanced at Taehyung who sniffed into Baekhyun's chest slowly. It was painful to watch, so he looked down at his slice of pizza. Yoongi then rolled his eyes himself. "I understand, but don't be that overprotective person. Taehyung will push you away even further than he already has." Hoseok nodded and bent down, leaning towards Yoongi's lips. Yoongi kissed Hoseok's lips back with out pausing. It was almost like they were making out in front of every teenager that were sitting at the table. 

Jimin glanced up at the two kissing slowly and then looked away, avoiding the moment between Hoseok and Yoongi. It's not as if he were jealous, it's just the way of how romantic they were and their closeness. It just hurts when Jungkook didn't have feelings for him, but he should be over that by now. Somehow, he's not. 

Dinner went by quickly. Mr. Kim left cash on the table and a five-dollar tip for their waitress. The nine gentlemen left the restaurant and got into their cars. Jin rolled down his window to get Mr. Kim's attention and so he did. Taehyung's dad rolled down his own window. "Yes, Jin?"

"Just to be clear, we are going to the same rental?" Jin asked.

"Yes, bud. I'll meet you there." Mr. Kim replied and rolled up his window as it started to rain. Jin rolled up his window and backed out of the parking spot he was in before Mr. Kim could move his car. Jin drive off and stopped at the stop sign.

Mr. Kim finally backed out of the parking spot and drove up to Jin's Nissan, also stopping at the stop sign as Jin got through traffic. "I'm going to miss California." Yoongi blurted out.

"Won't we all?" Taehyung asked and his phone that made the inside of the light up.

"Taehyung, ah! Can you please turn off your phone? It's making me go blind!" Yoongi eyes bulged. 

"Making you blind? I'm the one who's driving." Mr. Kim stated. "Taehyung, turn off your phone."

"Calm down, peeps." Taehyung said as he turned off his phone and slipped it back in his small carrier bag.

Jungkook kicked Taehyung's seat. "Shut the hell up."

"Make me." Taehyung smirked.

"How about you both shut the hell up." Yoongi interrupted. 

Hoseok elbowed Yoongi. "How about you chill the out?" 

Mr. Kim turned up the radio to full blast and through up his hand in a "rock-and-roll" sign, singing along to some rap music. Yoongi let out a small laugh. "Into hip hop music recently?"

Hoseok and the other teenagers laughed at Mr. Kim's actions. Hoseok finished laughing and glanced at Jungkook who weren't laughing anymore. He elbowed Jungkook and got his full attention. "What?" Jungkook said.

"What happened in the bathroom between you and Taehyung?" Hoseok asked.

"Nothing.. I just got out of hand. I slapped him, alright?" Jungkook rested his head on his fist.

Hoseok nodded. "I see. Are you jealous of him and Baekhyun?" 

"N-No."

"Why'd you stutter?" 

"I didn't. Leave me alone, please." Jungkook assured, politely.

Hoseok rolled his eyes and rested his head on Yoongi's shoulder, shutting his eyes. 

Taehyung overheard their conversation no matter if the music was loud or not. He felt his heart break. It felt like he been stabbed in the stomach. 

He hurt Jungkook.

_____________________________________________________________________

* Hurts Like A * HLAB

_____________________________________________________________________