Closer From The Start

Atlas

Seating in Seokjin's car:

Front:

Baekhyun (Driver)

Jin (Passenger)

 

Back:

Yoongi (Behind Baekhyun)

Jimin (Behind Jin)

 

"So, what do you want to do first?" Baekhyun asked.

"I don't care, it's not like I wanted to come with a couple of strangers." Yoongi shrugged.

"I think we should go shopping for clothes first because if we go shopping for groceries, the food and drinks won't be so good while we're taking our time looking for outfits." Jimin answered.

"That is true." Jin responded.

"So we're going shopping for clothes?" Baekhyun looked in the rearview mirror, looking at Yoongi and Jimin.

"Appears to be that way."

Baehyun nodded, before looking back at the road.

Yoongi nudged Jimin. "Are you scared to talk to me?" He whispered.

"No, why?" Jimin whispered back.

"No reason, just, maybe you don't want to talk to me 'cause you're afraid I'll make fun of your first name." Yoongi smiled.

Jimin let out a quiet laugh. "What?"

"Nothing, never knew you forget things that easily." Yoongi looked away and went straight for the window.

Jimin pushed Yoongi softly.

"Oh, so now you want my attention?" Yoongi smiled.

"Wait was that a statement or a question?" Jimin asked.

Yoongi raised his eyebrows.

Jimin shrugged.

Yoongi shook his head.

Jimin looked back out the window.

"So, what are you guys thinking? The mall?" Jin asked.

"Again, It's not like I wanted to ride with strangers to go shopping. I never wanted to come so my answer is I don't care." Yoongi said.

"Okay, from now on, don't ask Yoongi anything." Baekhyun interrupted.

Yoongi smiled. "I'd love that."

"Wow, you really do have a cold heart." Jimin looked at Yoongi, smiling.

"Once more, who told you that?" Yoongi looked back at Jimin.

"Who? You mean what made me think that?

Yoongi laughed. "Just go back to looking out the window, you're seriously bothering me."

Jimin still had a smile on his face. He looked back out the window thinking,

                "I feel so happy that Yoongi was the one who came along with me and my friends. I can finally have my only chance to get to know him a bit better. I don't think I can ever have at least a coffee date with him because I can tell him and his boyfriend is in love with each other. No wonder Yoongi didn't want to come with us because he wants more time with his boyfriend. I really hope Yoongi and I can interact at Baekhyun's party. I hope he gets drunk?" He said to himself in his mind.

Baekhyun pulled in a parking spot in front of a KIA and parked the car. "We're here."

Jimin snapped out of his thoughts, unbuckling his seatbelt.

"Well let's go." Jin opened the car door and got out along with the others.

As soon as they all got out of the car, Baekhyun locked the car and handed Jin the keys.

"Thank you. Alright, Yoongi, Jimin, we have some ground rules." Jin said.

Yoongi and Jimin groaned. As soon as the two made eye contact, they laughed, pointing at each other.


 

Seating in Mr. Kim's car:

Front:

Mr. Kim (Driver)

Hoseok (Passenger)

 

Back:

Namjoon (Behind Mr. Kim)

Jungkook (Behind Hoseok)

Taehyung (Between Namjoon and Jungkook)

 

"You guys ready to go or do you want to stay a bit longer?" Mr. Kim looked down at his watch before looking at the four teens.

"Well, we have no surfboards, no equipment to build sandcastles, no beach balls—" Namjoon replied, getting cut off.

"Wow, I never knew you were still a child," Mr. Kim looked at Namjoon from head to toe.

"Let's just go back to the hotel."

Mr. Kim nodded. "I agree, it's hot."

"Well grab your stuff and head to the car." Mr. Kim handed Hoseok the keys.

Hoseok, Jungkook, Taehyung, and Namjoon stood, grabbing their stuff and headed towards the car.

Hoseok on the other hand, grabbed Yoongi's travel bag, slowly following after Namjoon.

When only three of the teenagers reached the car, they stood there, staring deadly at Hoseok who was appearing to be walking very slow.

"Why are you all looking at me?  You too, Jungkook?" Hoseok asked.

"You're the one with the slow walks and the one with the keys. Unlock the damn car." Taehyung replied.

Hoseok scoffed. He unlocked the car, throwing his and Yoongi's bag in the trunk.

He shut the trunk. "Are you coming, Mr. Kim?" Hoseok shouted.

"Hoseok, there's no need to scream. I'm standing right here." Mr. Kim said.

Hoseok smiled and got in the car as soon as Mr. Kim did.

"Where do you want to go?" Mr. Kim started the car.

"Come on Mr. Kim. I said it like two minutes ago. The hotel." Namjoon answered.

"Why? There's nothing to do." Hoseok looked back at Namjoon.

"I'm sorry I'm hot." Namjoon said.

"I think we should go shopping for clothes. If I knew that we were actually allowed to go to parties on vacation then I should've bought some." Taehyung interrupted.

Jungkook laughed and nudged Taehyung.

"I don't have the time to get you clothes that you will wear only once to a party." Mr. Kim replied.

"Who said that we're going to more parties? We probably won't anyway." Taehyung looked at Mr. Kim.

"It depends on you if I send you to a party, son." Mr. Kim looked in the rearview mirror, looking at Taehyung.

"Dad, please." Taehyung looked at Mr. Kim.

"Well, where do you want to go? The mall or say Walmart that sells clothes?" Mr. Kim asked.

"Well, according to Jungkook, his friends and Yoongi are going to the closet mall. I don't feel like seeing them again." Namjoon said.

"All these complaints." Hoseok smiled.

"Shut up." Taehyung tugged on Hoseok's hair.

Hoseok pulled away.

"What about you, Jungkook? Where do you want to go?" Mr. Kim looked at Jungkook in the rearview mirror.

"I don't care. I mean, I already have clothes for parties." Jungkook shrugged.

"How come?" Mr. Kim questioned.

"My friends and I party."

"Wait, you're meaning to tell me that your parents let you go on a trip that huge and still let you party?" Namjoon asked.

"Pretty much."

"Wow, is your parents okay? Do they care for you?" Namjoon asked.

"They thought my friends were mature enough to go."

Taehyung nodded. "You're not mature?"

Jungkook sighed. "It's complicated."

"It's okay, you don't have to tell us." Taehyung slid a hand on Jungkook's thigh.

Jungkook nodded, smiling.

"I say we go to the mall." Hoseok blurted out.

"Why? So you can yell and fight with Yoongi some more?" Mr. Kim looked at Hoseok.

Hoseok let out a small laugh and smiled. Thinking of Yoongi made him smile.

"Let's just go." Namjoon said.

"Alright." Mr. Kim backed out the car.

They left the beach.