Chapter 7

Let's Meet Again

 

Joy and Sungjae arrived at the entrance to their classroom. They were more than 10 minutes late and the teacher was already speaking when they entered the room. Most of the students stopped what they were doing and glared at the two. Some of the girls were whispering to each other while some snickers at Joy. Among the girls was Rena, who had a smug expression on her face.

 

“Oh, it’s nice to have you two finally shows up.” Their homeroom teacher stated sarcastically. “Anyway, about the project that I mentioned last time. The students had already decided on a partner to work with. Since there’s only the two of you left, you two can be each other partners.”

 

“Huhh?” Joy couldn’t believe what had happened. Originally, she had planned to work with Yeri, but since she was late for the pairing, Yeri ended up with another classmate.

 

 The dumbfounded Sungjae turns to Joy and whispered, “Hmmm, what project?”

 

Joy face-palmed herself in disbelief. “Ha! I swear, those earlobes of yours are turning into Swiss cheese by the end of this. ”

 

Joy and Sungjae both went to their assigned seats and the lecture continued. When the lunch bell rang, majority of the students had already gathered their stuffs and left for the cafeteria. Sungjae hurried to leave, but stopped when he saw Rena approaching him.

 

“May I help you?”

 

“Oh, I was just wondering if you wanted to have lunch with me and my friends. Even though you been here for quite some times now, we still haven’t got a chance to know each other better.”

 

“Are you a fan?”

 

“Huh?”

 

Sungjae pointed to the extra lunchboxes in her hand. “Is that for me?”

 

“Oh yea, it is.” Rena handed the lunchbox to Sungjae.

 

“Thanks for the food, I really appreciates it. But you see, I’m actually a really ugly eater though. It’s best if I don’t eat with people around.”

 

Sungjae thanks the girl one last time and went up the stairs. Rena pouted and turned to see Joy sticking a tongue out at her. Rena stormed off with her group of friends to the cafeteria.

 

***

 

The assigned project was over any historical events that happened during the Joseon era. The students are required to create a poster along with a two pages essay over the topic of their choice.

 

“Why are we back here again?...”

 

“Because we need to do research for our project duhhhh.”

 

Joy and Sungjae decided to do their project over the war of the Joseon dynasty and met up in one of the library’s study room after class. They divided the project into two portions, with Joy writing the essay while Sungjae work on the poster.

 

“I told you we can just go to my apartment. I live alone and there’s no ghost at my place.”

 

“No! Now be a good kid and go back to your studies.”

 

“I’m done. I already gathered the necessary information to start on the poster. How about you? What have you been doing?”

 

“Ummm……….”

 

“I see you been writing nonstop in that notebook of yours since we got here. With the rate you were going, you should already be finished with the essay part of the assignment.” Sungjae leaned in to grab the notebook from Joy.

 

“Hands off!” Joy flicked his hand away. “Um, I’m not done yet. Need to do some editing first…..Yup, yup!”

 

“So? Why not just showed me now? It will helps with my part of the project too if I know what you’re planning to write about.”

 

“Geez, stop pestering me.” Joy hovered her arms around the notebook and placed her head on top of it. Seeing her strong protest, Sungjae gave up and rested his head on the table as well.

 

“Hey, you haven’t answered me yet.”

 

“What?”

 

“The things I said this morning. Don’t tell me you already forgot?”

 

“Ohhhhhhh..…that….”

 

“….Are you really going to stop supporting me?.....As a fan?”

 

 “Why do you need me to support you for? Don’t you already have a bunch of fans? You even received lunch today from the snobbiest girl in the entire school.”

 

“What? I’m just showing appreciation to my fans……Wait, are you jealous?”

 

“She’s not even a true fan. And NO, I’m not!”

 

“You are jealous.” Sungjae cracked into laughter upon seeing the irritated Joy. He couldn’t resisted himself and gave her a small poke on the cheek. “I think the food was quite food. Mister Kitty seems to really enjoy it.”

 

“Mister Kitty?”

 

“My new lunch buddy. I see him wondering around the school’s roof every now and then.”

 

“Ohhhhh.”

 

“Can you make me lunch next time?”

 

Joy dismissed his question and got up from her seat.

 

“Where’re you going?”

 

“Restroom!”

 

Joy left Sungjae alone in the empty study room as she went to the female restroom. Sungjae noticed that she had left her notebook opened and was about to closed it for her until something caught his attention. He saw his name written several times across the sentences of the book, and decided to pick it up and read a short section of it.

 

His breath was breathing heavily and he couldn’t control the pounding of his heartbeats. Minhyuk moved closer and pushes him against the bookshelf. Their lips was only centimeters apart from each other and Sungjae’s mind began to runs wild. Minhyuk whispered gently into his ear, “We’re trapped in here for tonight.” His streaming hot breath send a tickling sensation into Sungjae’s earlobe, which causes him to let out a slight moan.

 

“……………..…….”

 

Sungjae swallowed hard at what he read afterward. Even his imaginations was starting to runs wild now. He couldn’t hold it in anymore and burst into laughter at Joy’s crazy fantasy. Joy walked into the room to found Sungjae holding onto his stomach in one hand and her notebook on the other.

 

“Yahhhhhh! What do you think you’re doing? Give that back!”

 

Sungjae quickly recover himself and hold the notebook over his head. Joy might be tall for a girl her age but she was still no match for him. She got on her tippy-toes and fumbled around, trying to grab her notebook back.

 

However, her uncoordinated feet didn’t let her get her ways and she fell backward. Sungjae immediately wrapped his arm around her waist before she hits the ground and hurts herself. With Sungjae’s face leaning close to her, Joy felt her heart beats rapidly and she flustered at their close proximity.

 

“Your childhood friend wouldn’t be too happy if he finds out that you ship me and him together.”

 

Joy pushes Sungjae away from her and got back to her feet. With Sungjae letting his guarded down, she instantly grabbed the notebook out of his hand.

 

“Seems like someone is still my fan after all.” Sungjae teases her. “So, did you wanted to be a writer?”

 

“Just forget it.”

 

“How come? I think it suits you. Didn’t you said before you need inspirations? I’ll help you.”

 

“Oh yeah?”

 

“Yeah.….But next times, please ships me with someone else. Preferably someone as pretty as a fish.”

 


 

Sungjae’s obsession with fish and Joy’s for earlobes……….….are all jokes. :P

I had so much fun writing the short MinJae moments. I literally laughed so hard when I wrote it.

Sad news, the amount of viewers has dropped significantly. I feel sorta bummed out, but that's okay though. As long as there’s one person that still read and enjoys the chapter, I will continues to upload. And because I actually already finished writing the entire draft of the story ^^. It’s not too long, but I think it’s just about enough.

I won't be updating tomorrow, I need a rest. Thank you so much to everyone that commented. I read and memorized every one of them. O.O