Eight

Identity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He groaned as he felt a dull ache at the back of his neck while trying to open his eyes to meet the glaring lights above him. Propping himself up on an elbow, he blinked a couple of times and started trying to figure what was he doing, sleeping on the living room's couch instead of on his own bed. Did he have a fight with his cheonsa that made the small male kick him out of their bedroom? He had better figured out how to pacify his cheon--

 

"Cheonsa!" 

 

Junhyung sat fully upright on the couch as he finally was completely awake and remembered what had happened before he was knocked out and that it was cheonsa himself who gave him that karate chop to the back of his neck. Just as he was about to jump off the couch and start combing the streets for his little angel, he saw Doojoon exiting from the kitchen with a cup of iced tea. 

 

The cat eyed male who saw that he was awake hurried to him, setting the cold drink on the coffee table as he sat beside him on the couch. Oh how Junhyung knew his cheonsa would flip to see that and he could practically hear his cheonsa nagging in the most adorable manner ever, "how many times must I remind you? Use a coaster, use a coaster, use a coaster!" 

 

"You're awake! You were out for like four hours and I had half the mind to just send you to the hospital if not for your doctor friend saying that you should be fine." 

 

Junhyung clicked his tongue in impatience, thinking that that was not what he had wanted to hear and questioned Doojoon , "where's cheonsa? What happened after I was knocked out?"

 

The cat eyed male set his lips in a grim line and furrowed his brows sympathetically, "He followed the gang. He left the place with them in exchange for you and your friend's safety. Your friend called me since I was the last person who had called you on your call log and asked for help. She had to work the night shift so I decided to bring you back to your place."

 

"So? Did you chase after him? Did you call the police to find him? Are they progressing? Do they know where's the gang hideout? Do they know cheonsa's exact location? Why are we still here? Let's go get cheonsa back!"

 

"Junhyung, relax! You've got to get a grip!" Doojoon held on to the hysterical man firmly by the arms.

 

"Relax?!" He half-shrieked at Doojoon. Does he even know what the gang leader might do to his poor cheonsa? Does he even know how afraid cheonsa must feel right now? No! He must not know that cheonsa is in peril danger right now for him to be sitting so calmly on the sofa. "What do you mean 'relax'?! How can I when I as good as placed cheonsa in such a situation? I'm calling the cops! I'm getting him back now!" 

 

Just as he reached out for his phone that sat near him, Doojoon took it forcefully and threw it aside, "you can't! You are just going to bring more trouble to Yoseob! Lee Minhyuk's heart is set of getting him back and it is only a matter of time that Yoseob ends up in his hands! At least for now, we know that Lee Minhyuk wouldn't hurt Yoseob." 

 

He watched as his phone landed on the floor before turning back to Doojoon suspiciously. "Who is Lee Minhyuk? The gang leader? How do you know that's his name?"

 

"I... I heard it that day when those people came to the cafe and caused the chaos."

 

Junhyung no longer was the hysterical man now as he eyed Doojoon with much contempt and whispered quietly. "I've never hear anyone call him anything other than 'boss'. It is impossible that I would have missed it and that this name would sound so foreign to me if it was mentioned without me noticing. Why do you call him by his name so easily? Who are you?" 

 

"I just... I..."

 

Junhyung's gaze pierced into the barista's as he snarled, "Yoon Doo Joon, you had better speak the truth or you are not going to leave this place alive." 

 

------

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"What do you think I meant?!" Yoseob shot back urgently. "I mean exactly what I said! There was no gun on me when Junhyung found me!"

 

Gil shook his head with knitted brows and fixed his sight to the ground thoughtfully, "that's not possible. You bring the gun everywhere you go and there is no way that you could have dropped it. It's always secure in your pocket."

 

"But I didn't have it on me." Yoseob could barely hold back a roll of his eyes as he repeated himself once more, "there was no gun."

 

"Maybe the Junhyung guy kept it?" Gil asked with a hint of hope in his voice.

 

"Yes, I'm sure he must have. Because he needed the gun to get customers for his cafe." Yoseob drawled sarcastically before snapping at the man who sat before him, "of course it wasn't him who took it! Do you think I would not know if he took it?! I slept with him on the same bed for the past four months or so! Are you dense or just overly optimistic?"

 

"I would appreciate if you do not mention you and that man's past experiences in this place," a cold voice rang through the room.

 

Yoseob huffed as he realised who it was, "So now even what I say is being controlled?"

 

"Yoseob ah," Minhyuk sighed resignedly, "I'm not controlling you. I just... Can you think of my feelings? We have been together for almost four years and you disappeared so suddenly. Then four months later, you appear but completely wiped out of your memories and constantly talking about this other guy. How would I feel? Do you think I'm having it easy?!"

 

The smaller male lowered his gaze as a wave of guilt hit him. It was true, that as overbearing as the gang leader might have appeared to be, Yoseob was hurting this man deeply. The friend, Daniel, whom he had thought he had killed had obviously wanted Yoseob to treat Minhyuk well. Even if he couldn't remember anything, the smaller male figured that he should still fulfil Daniel's wishes. 

 

"I'm sorry," he mumbled under his breath, voice cracking as he continued. "I have been so caught up in my own heartache that I've treated you in a way that I would hate myself to have been treated. I'm sorry. It's just that every time I see you, I just think of how you are why Junhyung and I cannot be together. And I love him so much."

 

The smaller male never was one who cried and Minhyuk frowned when for the second time in a day, he saw tears streaming down Yoseob's fair cheeks.

 

"I love him so much and I miss him so much even if we have just parted a few hours ago. I wonder if he's angry with me for making a decision without him agreeing to it and if he's going to be fine. But I also know that I cannot kid myself. 

 

There's no way that he would be angry with me or that he would be fine so quickly because he loves me as much as I love him. There was once, in my willfulness, I got on his motorbike after a typical lovers' squabble over how I was joking with a salesman and came across as flirting to him and sped away. I didn't know that that I knew how to ride a bike but once I was on it, my body just knew how to and I figured the past me knew. But Junhyung of course didn't know. 

 

When I got home after calming down, the place was empty and I thought that he was angry with me for pulling such a stunt when I was at fault and left for a drink. So

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter