One

Identity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good morning everyone!”



“Good morning, Boss!” Chorong mock-saluted Junhyung and grinned cheekily, giggling when she got a light tap on the head. Rubbing on it and pretending that it hurt, she pouted, “It’s only in the morning and you are being mean already.”



“It’s because I’ve told you”, the tall male pointed at the other three staff in the café, “and all of you, to not call me boss. This is a small business and we are a team, we work together.” He walked to cashier and placed a bag of change into it, sighing when he noticed a nail sticking out at the side of the table. Grabbing a roll of adhesive tape from the stationery drawer, he began wrapping up the tip of the nail. “I’ll fix this up later tonight when the café closes. You guys take note and be careful not to hurt yourself with it.”



A muscular staff who was wiping the tables suddenly piped up, “Oh hyung, the main tap in the kitchen is a little faulty too. It is generally able to produce water as per normal but sometimes, I have to reset the water flow’s switch a few times or the water would just trickle out pathetically. Makes it a tad troublesome when I do the dishes.”



“Alright, Kikwang, I’ll get it checked out also tonight,” the tall male peeped into the kitchen and whistled to the chef, “You alright there, Dongwoon? Anything that needs my attention?”



The handsome chef thought for a moment before shaking his head, “Not here at least. But hyung, I think we need another staff. Chorong gets overwhelmed during the peak periods, she can’t do waitressing and cashiering at the same time so she usually just take orders at the cashier and get customers to wait for the items to receive them and bring to their tables on their own. But that is putting more stress on Doojoon hyung. He got to make the coffee quicker because apparently people is more impatient while standing instead of sitting.”



“Doojoon, is that true? Should I get another waitress, Chorong? Kikwang, do you need me to hire another pair of hands for you? Dongwoon, since food orders would increase too, would you need more help too?”



The barista nodded as he wiped a few cups, “Yeah, true for me. I can’t make quality coffee if I have to rush through them.” The waitress shook her head, “Nah, as long as you let the people self-serve here, I’m fine just doing cashiering.” The odd job male agreed, “I don’t need more help too. The rare occasions where I can’t finish washing up the dishes or the place, the rest will stay to help.” “I don’t need an assistant in kitchen too. Since we’re a café, the things people order here are usually the pastries and cakes that your Cheonsa makes anyway.”



“Cheonsa~” Chorong squealed at the new subject and started wriggling her eyebrows at her employer, “Why is Cheonsa not here with you today?”



Junhyung tried to suppress his smile while his four café staff looked at him, snickering when they saw the slight blush on their boss’ face. It has been three months since their boss had brought his lover to their place, introducing them to one another. They had noticed the changes in their boss’ behaviours and mood about four to five months back and after countless of interrogation, their boss had finally caved in and told them about his Cheonsa.



The changes weren’t like dramatic nor was Junhyung previously a sad man. It was just little things that they noticed. Little things that they knew meant so much more.



Like how Chorong caught Junhyung counting the cash over and over again during closing times. She had wondered why the boss was so particular and whether she had done something to have caused him to not trust her anymore. However, she soon realised that he was recounting because he kept getting the numbers wrong. He would count and stop, smile to himself, sometimes even laughing out loud, before he would count right from the start again.



Or the times where Kikwang had to do the dishes and Junhyung, as usual, would volunteer to mop the café so that he can go home earlier. He would exit from the kitchen and see Junhyung doing a dance with the mop, humming to himself as his lips would be stretched from ear to ear. Sometimes, he would even lean towards the mop, like he wanted to kiss it. Kikwang admit that it spooked him out a little to see his boss behaving in such a manner.  



And there are the moments where Junhyung would be tasting Dongwoon’s food and leaving comments on them like he would normally do. However, he began walking into the café with a lovestruck smile glued to his face and after tasting the food, he would always, always say that the food was great and in fact, they tasted sweet. Once, Dongwoon had purposely made a bitter gourd salad and to his surprise, Junhyung had finished it up and gave him two thumbs up, saying that the honey drizzled on the salad was a genius idea. Dongwoon was sure he had not added any dressing, much less any honey.



The best time had to be when Doojoon was making a perfect cup of coffee for Junhyung as he would do every morning. However, because he had been gaming the previous night and was sleepy, he had accidentally spilled the whole cup of coffee on the boss’ shirt. They knew that Junhyung would not have made a fuss or scolded them but they had not expected Junhyung to not even show a single bit of displeasure. In fact, he had breathed in deeply like he was inhaling the scent of a meadow of fresh flowers, praising Doojoon for making such fragrant coffee and when he touched the wet shirt, his actual words were, “coffee just warms the heart, doesn’t it.”



With all these observations, the four had teamed up to find out the truth and to their absolute delight, they found out that their forever single but so attractive employer was finally attached. And when they met Cheonsa, they were even happier because the couple really made for one another and Cheonsa was the sweetest and kindest person they have ever met. A perfect match for their boss.



“We ran out of cheesecake already so I told Cheonsa to bring some. Why did you come alone?” Chorong poked Junhyung’s shoulder, “What did you all do last night?”



“For a young girl, you have a really dirty mind,” Doojoon deadpanned as he showered a cup of hot latte with a generous amount of caramel.



“I was just—“



“Good morning everyone!”



All the staff turned and beamed, loudly greeting, “Good morning Cheonsa!”



Junhyung chuckled and went up to his lover, placing a possessive arm around the tiny waist as he scoffed at the four, “You guys never even greeted me so brightly when I came in. But when he comes in, you all greet him so loudly until people at the end of this street can hear you.”



The small male in Junhyung’s arms gave a shy titter like a little songbird as he stretched

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter