Seven

Identity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You sure took some time. I thought you had chickened out."



Junhyung narrowed his eyes, noting that his doctor friend had her wrists tied together behind her and was sitting on the living room's couch, looking slightly terrified by mostly fine. He, himself, had been dragged in the moment he entered her place, arms held by two fit men, set on his knees in front of the gang leader. 



"I promised not to touch her, and being a man who is always true to his words, so there you have it. Your friend, safe and sound. For now."



"What do you want from me to stop bothering me and the people around me?" The taller male asked, too sick of playing the hiding game already and wanting to just settle things once and for all. Too many people were getting involved and he didn't like that. All he wanted was for him to have his life back to what it had been in the past four to five months. Him and his cheonsa living happily together while running his cafe. 



The gang leader gave a half smirk and crossed his legs while leaning forward, pointing to himself, "what do I want? Haven't I made it very clear or are you too stupid to understand me?" He gave a bemused glance over to all his minions who snickered in support of him. Then, his back straightened and threw a photo to the floor in front of Junhyung. 



The taller male grimaced at the photo, looking away immediately. On that palm sized flimsy piece of photo was the bright smile of his cheonsa, who had his waist tightly held by the gang leader. "I want my Yoseob back. Give him back to me and I'll leave you and all your friends alone."



Junhyung snorted and glared up at the man, "no."



"What?" The gang leader's eyes narrowed dangerously and his voice was set to a whisper now as he questioned Junhyung, "what did you just say?"



"I said, no. I found cheonsa a few months back and since then, he has chosen to live with me and be with me. I am not, quoting you, 'giving him back', because that is not what he wants and definitely not what I want. I love him and he loves me. There's no way I'm letting you have him." 



"You think this is up to you to decide?" The gang leader sneered as he gestured to one of the minions who immediately nodded and pulled on Shinhye's hair causing her to shout in pain. "I'm not asking you for permission. I'm tell you what to do."



"Keep your hands off her!" Junhyung hollered at the minion before snapping his gaze back at the leader. "So what if cheonsa returns to you?! He doesn't even have any memory of his past! Even if he did have feelings for you before, it's a different story now! Can't you just let him go? If you really do love him, you would be glad to see him happy!"



"Glad?!" The leader kicked Junhyung hard in the stomach. "You hoodwinked him into thinking that he loves you and took his body before I did! Do you think that I would be glad with that?!" Grabbing the taller male by the collar, he yelled in his face, "I'm going to ing kill you for touching him!"



"Fine." The taller male replied calmly, his eyes unwavering as they pierced into the leader's. 



"What?"



"If you promise to leave Cheonsa alone and not bother him and my friends anymore, kill me. I'd rather him being happy living a free life than to be with you, as a prisoner."



The leader released Junhyung's collar and leaned back on his chair, cackling maniacally, "do you think I wouldn't dare to do that? Do you not know who you are dealing with?"



"I do. And I know you're very capable of ending my life. But I'll stick to my words. I want nothing but for cheonsa to be happy."



The gang leader scoffed and tapped his chin thoughtfully, "you know what? I'm going to offer you a deal. If you can withstand 15 minutes of my gang's beating and not pass out or die before that, I would consider your suggestion of leaving Yoseob and your friends alone. But... I highly doubt you would be able to take it."



Junhyung took a quick scan of the room. Today, the gang leader had gotten more than two underlings to accompany him. There were at least twenty of them in Shinhye's place now and all of them looked like good fighters. As the image of his cheonsa beaming at him flashed in his mind, he smiled bravely at the gang leader, "deal."



“No.”



Everybody in the house turned to look at the quiet voice that no one had heard until the very moment. Junhyung’s blood turned cold and his eyes widened as he saw who it was. “What are you doing here?!”



“What are you doing here?” The smaller male questioned back, brows set in a furrow, “You lied to me again. You said that you were meeting Doojoon hyung but you came here. You promised not to get hurt from trying to hide me but look at what you are subjecting yourself to!”



The taller male shoved the two male holding him away when he realised that their hold has lax due to the surprise from seeing Yoseob in the house. Running to the smaller male, he held his hands and urged him, “Go home, go. I’ll be fine alright? Just go!”



“Do you think that idiot there would let me go?” The smaller male pointed at the gang leader who looked highly affronted by the insult. “I know that there’s no turning back once I show myself here.”



“So…you know what’s about to happen next?” The gang leader asked, smiling gleefully now that he has both males cornered with so many of his gang members. There was no way that they would be able to run away now. Yoseob will return to him. Things were going to be as before.



“Yes. I’m going to return to your gang but you must let Miss Park and Junhyung go. You are never to bother them or interfere in their lives anymore.”



“Sounds good to me.”



“No! Don’t be crazy!” Junhyung shook the smaller male, his eyes fearful now when he realised that his cheonsa meant every word he was saying.



Yoseob forced a tiny smile and placed a loving hand on the taller male’s cheek, caressing it gently, “I really don’t want to be away from you, but it seems that we were never meant to be. Forget me, forget that we ever met. I thought that I was really lucky, to be saved that night by the perfect man. But I cannot be selfish, Junhyung ah. I cannot deny anymore that my past involves the gang and I don’t want you to be dragged into this complicated mess of my past. I was a terrible man, and you deserve someone way better than that.”



Junhyung wanted to slap himself from being so stupid. Why had he not taken the smaller male’s house keys? Why had he not realised that the smaller male would have been observant and sharp witted enough to know that he wasn’t meeting Doojoon? He kissed the palm on his cheek and whispered desperately, “You are the best person for me, I don’t need anybody else. Please, cheonsa ah. Don’t do this. I’ll block them all, you just run, run as fast as you can.”



“I’m never going to outrun them, Junhyung ah, you know that.” The smaller male looked at the taller male’s face, trying to memorize every single detail on his face, trying to remember the scent of his lover, trying to record the husky voice in his mind. “I belonged to a gang. I’m not your innocent and kind cheonsa that you thought I am. I must have done terrible things in the past.”



“I don’t care…” Junhyung’s voice broke as he held on to Yoseob’s arms, pleading desperately, “I didn’t love you for your name or your title or whatever you did or do. I love you for who you are.”



“The problem is… Even I don’t really know who I am.”



“You are my cheonsa. That silly man who would trip over the blanket and fall off the bed, that amazing baker who makes the best cakes and pastries, that playful lover of mine who teases me every day and night. You are the exact same man I found that night and you are the same man that I fell for. You are not leaving me. I’m not going to let that happen.”



“It’s not up to you.” Yoseob whispered gently and kissed him softly on the lips. “I’m sorry Junhyung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter