Five

Identity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hmmmm?"

 

"Good morning~" a husky voice greeted sweetly. 

 

The fair male smiled at the greeting with his eyes still closed, sinking his face deeper into the pillow that his head was lying on. He grabbed the side of the blanket and covered himself more, legs folding in like a foetus.

 

"Yah... You're being naughty," Junhyung continued, laughing lightly at the smaller male's growing smile as pulled the blanket even higher up until half his face was covered. Even so, Junhyung could still see the pink cheeks and he lay beside the small figure, hugging it, blanket and all.

 

"I don't wanna get up yet", the smaller male finally spoke, his eyelids pressed even tighter to one another to emphasise that he wasn't going to open his eyes any time soon. The taller male loved it when the smaller male behaves so cutely. It wasn't often that he gets to see it but every time he does, it made Junhyung's heart beat a tad quicker. 

 

"But we have to be in the cafe", Junhyung nagged without much effort. He kinda liked sleeping in, especially when it involves having a certain someone in bed with him. Only a fool would want to leave the bed while the smaller male was lying there so preciously. "Kikwang is not around and the three left might feel a little short handed."

 

The smaller male wriggled in Junhyung's arms, whining, "but it's still early and not the peak hours yet. I'm sure they can manage." As he moved, he accidentally elbowed one of the many bruises on Junhyung's body, causing the taller male to give a soft grunt of pain. The smaller male's eyes immediately shot open and he removed his arms from under the blanket and touched the taller male all over his torso, "Gosh, where did I hit you? Does it still hurt? Should I put more ointment? I'm so sorry, I forgot, I should have been more careful."

 

Junhyung grinned as he saw the smaller male b with worry, bring his arms to his side and hugging him close. When he thought that the smaller male was close enough as he could feel the warm breath on his neck, he let out a blissful sigh, "it's okay, I'm fine. I think the bruises look worse than they actually are. Besides, with your miraculous hands massaging my bruises last night, I'm sure I've recovered at least 80%."

 

"How is that possible? You're always saying such nonsense." 

 

"I'm serious", Junhyung exclaimed with an offended face, "you have healing powers, I'm sure of that."

 

The smaller male giggled, rubbing his nose against Junhyung's neck before he began nibbling on a spot along his collar bone. "Do you think that the people who beat you up yesterday might see you again today? Should we stay home to not risk exposing ourselves?"

 

"Don't worry, I've alerted the police. They've given their word that they would intensify patrol, especially around the cafe since that's where I'm limiting us to be outside of home for now."

 

The smaller male nodded and sighed, "I really wonder what kind of a troublemaker I was before I lost my memory. I mean, me in a gang? I just can't imagine that."

 

"Really? I think it's very possible. You're pretty feisty and you also know how to aegyo your way around people."

 

The smaller male flicked a finger on Junhyung's forehead and pouted, "I'm being serious here."

 

"I know, I know," the taller male kissed him softly, "but you know what, your past really doesn't matter to me. I'm just glad to have found you and to be with you. All I can think of when I look at you is my future, our future. So little one, stop wondering and worrying over your past. Nothing can push me away from you."

 

The smaller male smiled gleefully, "and nothing can take you away from me."

 

------ 


As every drop of milk trickled slowly into the coffee mixture, Doojoon had his eyes fixed at the only occupied table of the cafe. It was early in the day but there usually more tables filled in the cafe. However, you could hear the pin drop today, and the barrister was dead sure that it was due to the three figures in neatly pressed suits that were seated by a window. He pursed his lips when Chorong accidentally brushed past him, causing some milk to spill. That young lady was all rigid and weird ever since they entered and she was averting eye contact from him and Dongwoon. 

 

"What's going on?" He asked lowly, his lips barely moving and his hands still working on the coffee. "You have been behaving really strangely and when your boyfriend comes, you tend to be all over him but now you're behind the counter even more than usual. Who are the other two men with him?"

 

"Don't ask", the young lady shot back as she took a serving tray and began loading it with two cups of completed coffee while waiting for the third one. Her fingers were gripping the tray so tightly that her nails were void of color under it's glossy cover. Doojoon didn't miss the trembling of them too and when he shot a glance at the kitchen window, Dongwoon's cocked eyebrows showed that he hadn't missed it too. 

 

However, before he could suggest that he be the one to serve the coffee, Chorong had already walked towards the trio, mechanically and determinedly. There wasn't a need for an expert to deduce that she was freaked out but was trying to downplay her fear as much as she could.

 

"Thanks babe", Kwon gave an appreciative smile as he helped unload the tray of the three cups. He placed the largest one in front of the man who was evidently the boss. "Here's your latte, boss."

 

"Kwon, so you said that your girlfriend mentioned about her employer being in a relationship for about three to four months or so, and that the employer is the man we beat up yesterday afternoon right?"

 

Doojoon's eyes were narrowed to slits at the thought of Junhyung getting hurt and at the sight of Chorong who looked like she was about to burst into tears. The poor girl. She had no idea that her boyfriend was part of a triad gang and that her revealing such things could potentially harm the employer that she respects and cares for so much. 

 

Kwon nodded and squeezed Chorong's hand assuringly, "yes, she did. But we can't guarantee that this is in any relation to Yoseob hyung. I've not seen how her employer's boyfriend actually looked like."

 

"I'm sorry, I didn't meant to eavesdrop but are you guys looking for someone?" Doojoon questioned as he propped his elbows on the bar counter and stared lazily at the trio. "I thought that it's quite obvious that this place is a cafe and not the police station. We can't help you with a missing person."

 

The boss smirked and crossed his arms across his chest, "oh I know that of course. I'm just having a cup of coffee here, heard that they serve it well here." His gaze on Doojoon was piercing despite the friendly tone of his words. Chorong, who had her back facing the trio, began blinking her eyes furiously, trying to convey to Doojoon wordlessly to not say anything else. 

 

The barrister kept his peace, prioritising the key thing that he needed to do now as he started up the coffee machine, making another cup of coffee. Right now, he was just glad that Junhyung had informed earlier that he was going to come in later than usual and he had to make use of this extra time bestowed to him. 

 

"Is that for another customer?" The boss asked with a raised brow as he watched Doojoon. 

 

The barrister knew that he was under severe surveillance but calmly continued making the new cup of coffee, "If you really must know, this is for Dongwoon, our chef as he needs his morning fix before he can begin cooking well."

 

It was an outright lie and Chorong  knew it. The chef almost never drinks anything caffeinated but she nodded naturally, catching on Doojoon's words very quickly, adding meekly, "Dongwoon oppa loves Doojoon oppa's latte and can't live without having it at least once in a day."

 

The boss thankfully was in the unknown as he shifted his watchful eyes to Dongwoon through the small kitchen window that really was meant for him putting the prepared meals to be served on so that Chorong could serve it to customers without going into the kitchen. "I would greatly appreciate if you gave him the coffee through that window and not go into the kitchen. I get a little paranoid over what people do behind the kitchen doors," and added pointedly "or what about me they might be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter