Warnings

Like Magic

Warnings


     "I am so glad to see you," Kyungsoo sighed and released Suzy. 

     "What are you.. how are you here?" Suzy asked in disbelief as she stared at Kyungsoo, drenched in rain. He was shivering from the cold, and the water was dripping off what looked like his school uniform robe.

"Baekhyun," he gasped and hugged him, sighing in relief.

"Kyungsoo..!" Baekhyun gasped. Kyungsoo was a person who hated the rain and always went to extreme measures to make sure he never got wet; this was such so uncanny for him.

"Why don't you guys just travel in packs?" Jisoo asked as he stared at Kyungsoo in mild disgust.

     Jieun rushed past Jisoo and grabbed a small towel, lending it to Kyungsoo carefully. Kyungsoo stopped in his track and looked at Jieun, staring at her face for a few seconds before inhaling sharply and refusing the towel.

"Take it," Suzy said awkwardly. "You're going to get sick like that.."

     Suzy took the towel from Jieun and passed it to Kyungsoo. Jieun watched as Kyungsoo lightly accepted the towel from her and wiped the rain off his face and body, feeling a pang of disappointment in her heart. 

"It's her," Kyungsoo said.

"Who?" Baekhyun asked, confused.

"Lee Jieun."

Jieun's heart skipped a beat as she stared at Kyungsoo say her name out loud. She couldn't understand what this feeling was, but she knew for sure her heart wouldn't stop pounding. She felt her cheeks burn up as she stared at his delicate face and the way his wet hair gently rested above his soft eyebrows. 

"Wh-you mean, that stalker was her?" Suzy blurted.

"Suzy," Baekhyun hissed. "Shut up."

Jisoo watched as Jieun lowered her face, trying to hide her disappointment by biting her lips.

"We have to go,"  Kyungsoo grabbed Suzy's wrist and tried to pull her outside.

"What are you talking about?" Suzy blurted. "It's pouring outside and plus, we can't leave."

"Why?" 

"Baekhyun lost his nametag-"

"Come inside," Baekhyun pushed in. "I'll tell you everything upstairs."

"You guys do know this is Jieun's house?" Jisoo said with his arms crossed.

He didn't like Kyungsoo, and he wasn't planning on liking him anytime soon.

"I'm sorry," Baekhyun nodded. "May he come in?"

"Sure," Jieun said lightly and moved aside for Kyungsoo. 

Jieun watched as the three rushed upstairs and shut the door, letting them have their own 'wizard' business to talk about.

---

 

     Jieun and Jisoo took a seat in the inner terrace, waiting for the three to finish their talk. The inner terrace was Jieun's favorite place to think because of the transparent ceiling. The two leaned back on the sofa and stared at the ceiling, watching as the raindrops pattered against the transparent glass ceiling.

"He's not exactly what you described," Jisoo shrugged, glancing at Jieun to make sure she was ok. 

"I'm pretty sure he was just scared," she paused. "It's a new world for him."

"Since when was Lee Jieun this understanding?"

"Shut up," she said lightly.

"You know you can't let them stay here forever."

"I know," Jieun sighed. "But what option do I have?"

"What exactly.. is your purpose for keeping them here?"

"Jisoo,"

"Hm?"

"You know ever since I was young that I've always wanted to become a Wizard? At that time, everyone told me that I was in a phase and that I would grow out of it sooner or later. But I'm still in what everyone else calls a phase and to be honest, I want to stay in it forever. It's the only thing that motivates me to wake up every morning. But why is everyone telling me that what I love is.. not real?"

"I've never thought it wasn't real."

"I know you have," she forced a chuckle. 

"At first, I thought you were kind of crazy. But then I found it kind of cute because you know.. how many people in our world today still grasp onto their dreams until our age?"

"The past few days have been so surreal to me, Jisoo. Wizards are real. Magic actually exists. I can't unsee this anymore and I won't ever be able to let go of it from my heart." 

Jisoo sighed. "Even still, you need to look at it from a realistic point." 

"I have a reason for everything," she shrugged and forced a bitter smile. "Don't hate me too much for believing in them. I'll tell you when the time is right." 

"Is it about your mom?"

Jieun only grinned and leaned back, staring at the rainwater clash against the glass ceiling. 

 

--

"Why are you here? no that's not right, HOW are you here?!" Suzy asked as she grabbed onto Kyungsoo's shoulder.

"That's exactly what I should be asking!" Kyungsoo roared back and sneezed. "Do you know what's going on back at school? The headmaster and the Professors are furious because you've been missing for two days now. After today they're probably going to report you as missing and then it'll just be a matter of time before word gets out that you snuck out through the portal!"

"How would they know I'm here?" Suzy said in annoyance. "Like they'd know."

"The entire school knows but you, Suzy." Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and looked at Baekhyun who was biting his nails in nervousness. "And why did you bring him?"

"I tried to stop her!" Baekhyun blurted and continued to bite his nails. 

"Ok but just-" Suzy shook her head in complication and sighed. "How did you get here? Only the underdogs know about the way to the portal."

"Underdog?" Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow.

"Oh sorry, quidditch captain wouldn't understand. "

"Shut up,"

"Stop stalling. How did you get here?" she snapped impatiently.

"I had to empty out my monthly savings to Park Chanyeol so that he'd take me to the portal," Kyungsoo said in annoyance. "Apparently he's the leader of the underdog group that you always go on about." 

"Park Chanyeol only took a months worth?" 

"That's not the point!" Kyungsoo snapped angrily. "Just why aren't you coming back to school?! It's already been 2 days. You know the longer we stay here the more dangerous it is." 

"The muggle girl's got his nametag," Suzy muttered. "We can't just demand for it right now, she offered to let us sleep here."

"Ok, WHAT?" Kyungsoo jabbered. "Are you planning on just taking as long as you want because that muggle girl is giving you a bed to sleep in? GET A GRIP. It's dangerous for us to stay here longer and longer, do you understand?" 

"What's this danger you're going on about?" Baekhyun asked, irked. 

"We don't belong in this world," Kyungsoo said. "We'll start to lose our magic powers the longer we stay here. That includes our broomsticks. Do you know what this means? If we lose our powers we'll never make it back to the portal and we're just stuck here."

"It's Monsoon season," Baekhyun chimed in. "We won't be able to fly for another month or so."

"Monsoon?"

"Apparently it's going to rain non-stop for about a month."

"We can make it work," Kyungsoo said firmly. "Our broomsticks can withstand medium rain force. We're going to get back Baekhyun's nametag first thing in the morning and then we're flying back right after,"

"Fine," Suzy muttered under her breath. "But what was it with you earlier and Lee Jieun?"

Baekhyun also glanced at Kyungsoo, curious.

"I was a bit rash with my words earlier," he muttered. "She looked awfully similar to that girl that's been coming out in my dreams." 

"It is her," Suzy said. "She is the girl in your dreams."

"No," he shook his head. "That wouldn't make any sense."

"The fact that Mr. Quidditch captain is here doesn't make any sense."

"I'm serious," he grunted. 

"It's all been nightmares recently though, hasn't it?" Baekhyun asked.

"Mm," he nodded. "In the beginning, the dreams were nice. So lovely and comforting that... I was almost in love with her. And then the nightmares started kicking in and somedays I would dream the good dreams and the rest of the time I would get these terrible nightmares. Then recently, I've only been getting the nightmares."

"What are these nightmares that haunt you so much?"

"It's the exact same dream each night," he said in confusion. "She's riding behind me on my broomstick. Everything seems to be fine and then suddenly we get attacked by an unidentifiable force and she falls off the broom and I see her dead on the floor, blood all over."

"Mm," Suzy nodded. "We all know your fear of blood."

"It just feels weird seeing her for real."

"I'm sure there's a reason why she appears in your dreams," Baekhyun said. "I think all of this means something."

"Like what?" Kyungsoo eyed him. 

"I don't know. But I get this hunch that Lee Jieun's going to be an important part in our journey."