Stay

Like Magic

Stay


     Jieun looked out the window, reminiscing last night. She couldn't believe she had seen an actual wizard, and a cute one at that too. Her heart palpitated at the thought of herself being a witch herself, although she knew that would probably never happen. She didn't understand why they were so afraid of her; she just wanted to give them their belongings back.

Jieun dug through her pocket and slipped out the name tag from yesterday.

Byun Baekhyun

Under his name was a small label that read Excelsius School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She wondered if such a place actually existed, but she knew it had to - there was nothing more bizzare than seeing an actual wizard. 

     "Lee Jieun," the teacher called as she shot her attention to the teacher. "If I see you not paying attention one more time, you'll be seeing me in the office." the teacher eyed her and continued his boring lesson on limits. Jieun yawned and glanced at Jisoo who was busy copying the notes verbatim, his hands moving frantically as he copied down the questions as well as solving them at the same time.

 

"You're not going to believe what happened yesterday," Jieun said excitedly as the two sat down in the talking zone once again. Jieun had never looked forward to lunchtime particularly, but at this suffocating school lunchtime seemed to be the only time she could tell Jisoo about her discoveries.

"What is it this time?" Jisoo asked as he ate a mouthful of food.

"Yesterday I waited there,"

"For how long?"

"An hour,"

"Hour?!"

"What?" she shrugged. "It was the worth the wait, because I actually saw a real wizard."

     Jisoo stared at Jieun for a few seconds and laughed, patting her head. "Hurry up and eat your food." he chuckled and continued eating his lunch. Although he liked listening to her daily stories, he knew that her story was a little too far fetched. The Alchemist and sorcery could have existed a few hundred years back, but there was no way those kind of things still existed today.

"Why're you laughing? I'm serious Jisoo," she slipped out the nametag from her pocket and showed Jisoo. "The wizard dropped this yesterday and he left before I could give it back to him."

Jisoo took the nametag and read the name and the school name engraved under it.

"Are your sure this isn't fake?" he asked. "Looks like a cheap stage prop you can find at the dollar store. You know, those ones that you can engrave your name and school name on."

"I'm telling you I really saw it," she groaned. "You told me you saw it too!"

"Yeah, when I was tired during the night." he raised an eyebrow.

´Ẃhatever,¨ she rolled her eyes.

"So," Jisoo asked with a laugh. "Did that Kyungsoo appear in your dreams again?"

"Strangely not this time," Jieun nodded in fascination. "Maybe because of this Baekhyun."

Jieun smiled as she calmed her beating heart. This was a dream come true, and there was no way she was going to miss this opportunity ever again.

 

🌟                    🌟                   🌟                 🌟                       🌟                           🌟                        🌟                       🌟                        🌟                     🌟                        🌟

     

     Suzy and Baekhyun curled down next to a large green box that was labeled Clothing Donation Drop Box.

They had been here the whole night because they had only found out that they needed this thing called money to do anything in Seoul.

      Of course they had money back in their world, but it wasn't exactly earned the same way as humans. Suzy and Baekhyun were shaking from the cold the whole night because their school uniform wasn't thick enough to protect them from the cold.

Seoul was a very cold place not just physically, but emotionally. 

"I'm never following you AGAIN." Baekhyun grumbled as he shivered. 

"If you hadn't lost your nametag we would be back at home already," Suzy punched his arm. 

"I'm hungry," Baekhyun rubbed his stomach."Isn't there something to eat here?"

"We don't have any money," she sighed. "We can't buy anything."

"What's with money in this place?!" Baekhyun grunted and sneezed, shivering. 

"We have to stay here until that girl comes back," Suzy said. "So we can get your nametag back."

"Until night?!" Baekhyun croaked. 

"Well what are we going to do? We can't go home without it." 

Suzy stood up and looked at the box next to them, taking the entire metal lid off with her magic. She jumped in the box and began searching through the box, throwing a bunch of clothing at Baekhyun.

"I don't know what this box is, but there's so much clothes in here." Suzy said excitedly as she threw Baekhyun a beanie and wrapped a scarf around her neck.

"Are you sure we don't need money for this?" Baekhyun asked carefully.

"I don't know," Suzy shrugged. "Usually when you need money there's always a person to take it. But that person's not here, so I guess you can take it."

The two settled down next to the box with a bunch of sweaters and beanies on their body, still curled up.

"Why do these clothes smell so bad?" Baekhyun frowned as he sniffed his clothes, almost throwing up.

"Uh," Suzy scratched her head. "I'm not so sure."

The two wondered as they curled up into a ball, waiting for the girl to show up with his name tag.

 

     The sun had gone down and it was night again.

     Suzy and Baekhyun grabbed their broomsticks and waited under the tree that they encountered her the day before. It was raining lightly which was not good, because their broomsticks were not quidditch advanced - if the tips got contact with moisture, it wouldn't levitate. 

"The rain's getting worse," Baekhyun bit his lips as he felt his broomstick starting to struggle to stay afloat.

"There she is," Suzy gasped as the two watched Jieun walk toward them with a strange cover over her head. The rainwater dropped on the cover and slipped right down, shielding her from the rain. 

Jieun looked up at the two wizards who looked down at her with fear. 

"Y-you human," Baekhyun pointed to Jieun. "Give me back my things."

"Look," Jieun explained. "You don't have to be afraid of me. I just want to help you."

Suzy and Baekhyun exchanged glances and then back at her. 

"Exactly how will you help us-" Before Baekhyun could finish, his broomstick fell to the floor and he fell, face first on to the hard ground. Suzy followed right after, toppling on top of him.

"Are you okay?" Jieun gasped as she helped Baekhyun sit up.

She shaded her umbrella over him and watched him as he shivered from the rain. He grabbed his broomstick and sighed; the ends of his broomstick were completely wet. 

"How dare you touch a wizard?" Baekhyun shot and brushed her hands off his arm. 

Growl

Jieun stared at Baekhyun, then at his stomach. 

"Are you hungry?" Jieun asked, trying to hide her smile.

"No," Baekhyun stuttered.

"Yes." He murmured under his breath.

"Follow me," she stood up and stuck her hand out to help him up. "I'll take you to my house."

Suzy and Baekhyun exchanged looks of hesitance.

"Come on," Jieun chuckled. "I'm not the bad guy."

Baekhyun slowly took her hand and got up, dragging his broomstick behind him. Baekhyun looked up at the large shade that protected them from the rain then back at Suzy who looked just as confused as he was.

"My name's Lee Jieun," she said happily. "And you must be Baekhyun. Right?"

He nodded quietly.

"What's your name?" Jieun asked Suzy who replied quietly.

"Hey," Baekhyun asked. "What's this thing you're holding above our heads?"

Jieun blinked twice and laughed.

"You don't know what an umbrella is?"

"Umbrella?" Baekhyun murmured.

"It shields us from the rain so we don't get wet," Jieun held up the umbrella. "See?"

The three walked along the raining street, all the way back to Jieun's house.

 

     "Welcome," Jieun shrugged as they entered the living room. Jieun the heater and dumped her bag next to the sofa, walking into the kitchen. Suzy and Baekhyun exchanged looks of confusion as they looked around the large house that looked very much the broker's house, way more furnished and luxuried.

"Come on," Jieun called them over to the kitchen.

Baekhyun and Suzy stared in awe as Jieun set the table with convenience store foods.

"It's not much," Jieun shrugged. "But I can't cook."

     Before Jieun could even sit down, Suzy and Baekhyun rushed to the table and began absorbing the food like they had starved for months. Jieun laughed awkwardly and sat down, watching the two eat like crazy.

"So," Jieun said awkwardly. "Suzy and Baekhyun."

The two glanced at Jieun and then continued eating.

"What brings you to.. our world?" Jieun wasn't sure what to call it, but our world seemed like the only legitimate name. 

"It's just to explore but-" "We can't reveal too much." Baekhyun pushed in.

Jieun nodded, shrugging in disappointment.

But then again, she understood. Wizards and Witches were supposed to be a secrecy.

"You have my nametag, right?" Baekhyun stuck out his hand. "I need it back."

"Oh yeah," she slipped out the nametag and passed it to him.

"Thank you for letting us stay the night," Suzy smiled. "We're going to leave first thing tomorrow, as soon as the rain stops."

 

oh, they're going to stay the night..?

  

"Why do you need your nametag so much..?" Jieun asked carefully. 

"When we travel from world to world, we have to make sure that our fragments don't get left behind."

"Why?"

"If we do leave something behind, the portal won't open." Baekhyun sighed. 

"Oh," Jieun murmured. 

"Where's our room?" Suzy smiled.

 

 

"You can use this room for tonight," Jieun said half heartedly as she opened the door to the rooftop room.

"Thank you," Suzy said as she watched Jieun, waiting for her to get out. 

 

"You think we can trust her?" Baekhyun asked.

"Yeah," Suzy snorted. "She gave us food."

"What would I ever talk about with you?" Baekhyun threw a pillow at Suzy and grabbed a fabric from the side. He cast a levitation spell on the fabric as it turned into a hammock and jumped on it, stretching his body. 

"Do you think we'll get in alot of trouble by the headmaster when we get back?" Suzy asked as she lied on the bed.

"We'd be considered lucky if we aren't expelled from school you could say." Baekhyun said sarcastically.

Baekhyun tossed and turned all night.

He couldn't fall asleep in this new world. 

 

🌟                             🌟                               🌟                                  🌟                                 🌟                                    🌟                                    🌟                                🌟

 

     Baekhyun woke up to the sound of pattering on the window. 

He opened his eyes and saw the raindrops pattering against the window and sighed. 

It was raining, which meant they had to wait until the raining stopped.

"Suzy," he shook her awake and pointed to the window.

"It's still raining?" Suzy blurted and groaned in her bed. 

 

     The two climbed down the rooftop room and walked toward the kitchen, watching Jieun who placed a bowl of cereal infront of Baekhyun and Suzy, pouring milk into both of theirs. 

"Good Morning?" Jieun greeted awkwardly.

The two only nodded, digging into their food.

Baekhyun watched as Jieun grabbed a small thick block and pressed the red button, turning on the screen of a large rectangular block. Baekhyun watched in surprise as Jieun each time Jieun pressed the arrow buttons on the block, the large rectangular block changed its screen.

"What is the function of that thing?"

Baekhyun asked, startled.

"Oh," Jieun laughed. "That's called a Television."

"What's a television?"

"Well, it's a device that allows you to watch fun shows as well as information." Jieun said in the most simplest way ever.

Jieun turned to the Weather forecast and grumbled at the rainy weather.

 

The Monsoon season will be continuing all throughout this month as..

 

"What's a monsoon?" Baekhyun asked, eating his cereal.

"It's the seasonal wind that changes direction with the seasons, and brings a very rainy season."

"So when will the rain stop?"

"Usually it stops within a couple of days but the wind is really strong this year. Forecast predicts maybe a month..?"

 

Baekhyun slammed his spoon on the table.

 

"WE HAVE TO STAY HERE FOR A MONTH?"