Walk On Memories

EXO -Drabbles & Oneshots {Collection}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

7. Walk On Memories

Chanbaek / Best friends!au / Drama ~1.6k

Based on this prompt on twitter - https://twitter.com/chanmosphere/status/857390518816227328

 

 

"Hey careful !! You will spill it all over my notes." chanyeol exclaims as baekhyun sets the drinks on his table with a loud thud.

The smaller boy huffs and takes a seat from across him. Chanyeol knowing that he can no longer study now shuts his notebook and give his full attention to the boy in front who is no doubt sulking if his whines are any indication.

"What did u do now baek?" he asks with an amused smile.

"Excuse me?? What did I do?? What do u mean? I didn't do anything? It’s all kyungsoo's fault. I'm gonna quit today.. infact right now"

There is a loud THANK GOD coming from the cafe counter and no doubt it’s kyungsoo himself.

Baekhyun scoffs loudly in his direction throwing his hands in mid air.

And chanyeol is unable to stifle his laugh which has the younger looking at him with a betrayed look but ofcourse Chanyeol cannot see it.

 

"I thought you were my best friend!" baek accuses with a sulking tone.

 

Chanyeol hardly controlling his facial expression exclaims "I still am."

 

"No. You are teaming up against me with that spawn of a devil" and he shrinks in his seat when there are loud bangs coming from the counter and few loudly murmured curses.

Baekhyun will deny when asked but he is scared of kyungsoo.

Not like it’s anything unexpected. Everyone knows it and kyungsoo specially enjoys this piece of information and loves to make his life hard.

"What happened? Tell me baek!" Chanyeol coaxes him into telling what's wrong.

 

"You know right how I am always working hard here. How i never complaint when i am told to do extra shifts or help in other stuff. But what do i get in return??? That kyungsoo is so petty and selfish."

"Baek baek baek. What actually happened?" Chanyeol asks in an exaggerated tone.

"I told him i want a day off and he screamed at me in front of everyone." and throw glares in the general direction of where the said boy is.

 

There is a fond smile on chanyeol face which baekhyun fails to notice.

"He must have had other things on mind or maybe the load is huge and he needs your help around here. You shouldn't be too harsh on him baekhyun.He cares for you alot and loves you like his own brother.Yeah he is a little hard to handle but he wouldn't have kept you

around if he didn't liked you."

 

"I know" he mumbles quietly.

"But he makes me so mad sometimes" he adds.

"I think that's kinda mutual baek"

There is a small proud smile on his face as if being proud of that feat.

"Do you remember that day when he made u do 1 extra shift at night and u kept b*tching about it." At this the other makes a face clearly annoyed at the use of words even if they were true.

"I don't know if u realized it or not but knowing you, you probably didn't." chanyeol adds & Baek tells him to hurry up & get to the point.

"If u remember that day u had failed your history test and had a huge fight with ur dad. You were crying & so disappointed when u came in."

Baekhyun nods remembering that day.

"Yeah but what.."

Chanyeol cuts him mid-way and continues - "we all knew if you would have gone home too

soon that day. You would have either fought more with your dad or cried yourself to sleep.

So kyungsoo not without saying anything made u work extra to distract yourself and i am sure you didn't even felt sad when u reached home. Right?"

 

Baekhyun is at loss of words for once and is staring towards the counter contemplating things that are way above his level of understanding.

"Some people don't show that they care. You can't see their love on their face. You don't need eyes for it."

At that baekhyun makes a face bcuz he never likes it when chanyeol says stuff like this.

 

"You need to feel it from your heart. And kyungsoo being kyungsoo does not even let a little bit of emotions out for show."

"How do you even know this much about love. As far as i know you have never dated anyone!!" the shorter asks curiously.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter