Chapter 13: Dwelling inside the past

Saving you saved me
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol had to convince Baekhyun to go to sleep due to exhaustion. But being the stubborn puppy he was, the giant had no choice but to accompany him and cuddle him to sleep with the damn dog. The damn dog Baekhyun wouldnt let go...  



" He's really adorable Chanyeol. I get why you keep him. Cant get enough of him?" Jongin smiles when the giant came back from his bedroom. The giant stops, looking sternly at him. Jongin chuckles, leaning back to the couch with both of his arms on his sides. Chanyeol never really did liked people acting so superior nor aggorant around him.

 

Chanyeol tilts his head to the side, lifting the curve on his lip " The relationship between Baekhyun and me is none of your business Jongin. The only reason why i have you here in one piece is that Baekhyun wants to thank you for saving him. Be thankful for that" 


" Ironically Chanyeol" Jongin starts " It is my business, especially now that you've broken the rule? Didnt i made it clear that you stay the hell away from Kyungsoo? I warned you about hurting him the second time..."

 

" Just to make yourself clear. Ive already cut my ties with Do." 


" Of course you did. Because you've already gotten what you wanted... right? It didnt stop you from cuting me off either right?" 

" It wasnt my intentions to hurt him" 

" Oh please, like it matters to me if you cared or not..." 

" You know that im a heartless bastard. I live up to that title" 

" Figures, you havent really changed. Still vile and sarcastic as ever...." Jongin smiles, turning his face to look at Jongdae and Lay from the other couch. The two had a blank look which made Jongin's smile even more sinister. Jungkook narrows his eyes at him when the fighter continued " I reckon you guys havent changed either? or the scene you guys displayed earlier a thing you guys called having fun?" 

 

Jongdae stands up, cutting the bronze fighter's sentence. The manager sighs, facing Jongin with full attention. " I really dont get why you're start talking to Chanyeol again after 5 years Kai. Ive had enough of this bull. You made it clear to him, to me, to Lay, to Jungkook and to the whole people from underland that you wanted nothing to do with us. We got the message very clear when you went against us... You and Chanyeol can argue all day about some petty crush but hear my words Jongin. Baekhyun is now a part of Underland. If you dare harm that precious boy, i will personally see to it that I beat your myself...  " 

 

Jongin whistles lowly, grinning like a cat. " Damn, Still the protective er" 

 

Jongdae took a step forward but Lay had to pull him right back to his seat. His calm facing returning, getting where this guy was pulling. " Dont lose your nerves Jongdae. I think its time for you to leave Jongin... Kook, would you mind showing him the way outside?" 
 

Jungkook nods, going beside Jongin, waiting for the fighter to stand up. Jongin looked so surprised, his jaw hanging down with a smile as he looks between all of them. Clearly something changed. Jongin raised both of his hands up, snorting as he stands up. Be fore he could pass Chanyeol, the giant grabbed his arm, stopping him. 


Its been a long time since the two exchanged looks this close, Chanyeol's face turned darker, every second passing. " I hope this makes everything clear... I want you far away from Baekhyun.." 
 

" Chanyeol..." Jongin says " you know... stop acting like a knight. If Baekhyun knew what you did to Kyungsoo... i bet he'll hate you" 

" No he wont" 

" And how can you be sure about that?" 

" Because he stayed..." 
 

 

 

------

 

 

" Rest up Hyung, dont let him get to yah" Jungkook says, pulling his hoodie over. Jongdae smiles, helping the younger. " Jungkook's right, we all know Jongin in the past and we all know whats he like... but he's no harm" 
 

Chanyeol nods, with his arms crossed together. Jongdae notices the giant deep in thought, he nudges Jungkook to step outside following Lay outside the condominium. Once the younger stepped out, Jongdae heads to the giant. " Hey, everything will be okay. If you want, I can ask some of our fighters to stay on guard to secretly watch over Baekhyun. Baekhyun has some of our fighters mostly in his classes. I ca--"

" No that will be a hassle, I'll just wait outside his classes like i used to. Im just worried..." 

" About your brother?"  

" Jongin wont be acting like this if he didnt get his approval..." Chanyeol says looking at him " If he got an approval then he knows. He knows whats been happening. And now Baekhyun is involv-- I cant, what if-- if Baekhyun--" 

" Hey you stupid elf" Jongdae frowns " Are you forgetting? Underland is still above everything. He wont be able to touch you and the people from our vicinity..." 

" What if he... Uses Baekhyun against me?.. he will not stop. If he was able to use Do on Kai. which it succeded, what happens if he uses Baekhyun? I- I cant be able to--" 

" You're over thinking too much Yeol" Jongdae stops him, patting him on the shoulder. Chanyeol tenses up, closing his eyes while pushing his thoughts away. When he felt the hand being lifted, he kept his eyes closed, letting out a heavy sigh. " Jungkookie is right... you should rest." 

 

Chanyeol nods weakly feeling so vulnerable. The lump on his throat gave him a hard time speaking up. Jongdae give shim a last pat before closing the door behind him, letting Chanyeol be alone. The giant stood there, in a solid minute just wrapped in silence. He tried imagining the feeling, the feeling that he once abandoned in a lost memory. He couldnt believe that encountering Jongin again would trigger it.

 

" Yeol? " 


He snaps his head to the side, seeing Baekhyun opening the door while cutely rubbing his eyes sleepily. The dog jumps out of the room, running towards the giant. There was concern written on his puppy's face looking at him, observing his face like he always do. Chanyeol doesnt speak, he only opened his arms for him to come over. Baekhyun didnt hesitate to enter the embrace, burying his face on the crook of Chanyeol's neck. 

 

" Are you okay?" Chanyeol nods, nuzzling his soft hair with his nose. The lump slowly fading. 
 

Chanyeol pulled away, cupping Baekhyun's face. Baekhyun almost gasped, Chanyeol was alot of things, Confident, elegant, strong and cunning but hurt and vulnerable wasnt one of them. It was the first time Baekhyun saw him like this. " Do you trust me? " 

Baekhyun's face softens. He leans into the giant's large palms, giving him a gentle smile " I do Chanyeol..." 

And that was enough for Chanyeol, he gently picks up the latter by the waist, letting him wrap his legs around his waist for support. Chanyeol leads them into their shared bedroom, Baekhyun calls out for nugget before closing the door.

 

 

-----


Chanyeol was leaning on a familiar locker. After walking Baekhyun to his class, he decided to end something with someone he used to care for. He was getting curious eyes of course but that didnt bother him one bit. He could hear them whisper and still didnt give a . He was so used to bull and gossips from all his life and this doesnt bother him one bit. With boredom slowly swallowing him, Chanyeol decided to fish out his phone only to have it rip off from his grip.

 

" What the hell are you doing here?" Kyungsoo glared. 

Please log in to read the full chapter