Orphic

さよならひとり

tumblr_o2xlh5t7Id1qhrzexo1_540.gif

 

Orphic

Chapter 6


 

Areum , went home the next morning; they had spent the night or what was left of it, talking, and finding random movies to watch. Taemin sighed heavily, when he acknowledged her fading warmth on the couch next to him. He wanted her to stay, yet that would be clingy, and just too early for their relationship. Turning the television off, he went to get a drink, and stopped. Staring at the piss yellow liquid, sloshing in the fogged cube shaped  glass. Putting it down, he left it alone on the counter, and opted for a shower.

 

Stripping completely, turning the water on, twisting the knob all the way to the left. Stepping under the showerhead, consumed in bliss at the hot water, pouring down his tousled black bowl cut and tired body. Washing away the stains of yesterday’s lack of excitement. Closing his eyes, breathing in evenly and relaxing into the heat and steam; letting his thoughts fall away. Areum, rested her body against his back, kissing the dip between his shoulders; his breathing hitched. Walking around him, she spun his chair around to face her, taking a seat on his tightening lap. Nothing on her, but a silk kimono and what appeared to be lace peeking through the dip in the front. Swallowing hard, he looked up at her, and time stopped; she is so gorgeous he thought. She leaned in, forcefully taking the breath out of him in a fire bent kiss, her hands wandering all over his hot and twitching body. Kissing her back, pressing her body against the cold counter top, breaking from her lips to her neck. Gliding his lips and kisses over her neck and jaw hungrily; she moaned, and Taemin blinked his eyes open abruptly.

 

Water, blurring the surroundings of the bathroom, his heart rate up and abdomen and hips began to relax. Grabbing his body wash, he lathered up and rinsed, then repeated a few more times; to clear his mind of that fantasy. Stepping out of the shower, wrapping a towel around his hips, he drifted through the tall door frames to his closet. Dropping the towel on the dirty laundry, pulling his briefs on, followed by dark denim skinny jeans and a simple royal blue t-shirt. Grabbing some socks, slipping them on with his black converse and choosing a coat before taking his keys. This may be break, but he wanted to do something different than be alone and typical.

 

✩✩✩

 

Lox and Bagels, he bought two, and some coffee, getting back on the road to Areum; he wanted to surprise her for no reason. Something in the universe drove him to her no matter what he was doing. Even though they had spent the night together, he did a lot of soul searching with her and not enough of what he wanted to learn and experience with her. He craved some level of intimacy, but wouldn’t dare ask that of her so early.

 

Rolling the window of his car a bit, letting the winter air creep in, turning the jazz station on and thinking of choreo as he pulled off the highway. Fantasies of Areum and himself dancing together, her so graceful and moving with such confidence. The heft of her thigh and calf in his hand as he would paint his fingertips across her leg. The level of sensitivity towards her was unbearable, he focused on clearing his mind; pulling into the parking lot of her place.

 

He called her, ringing her phone two times, before she answered with a jovial sound to her voice. Smiling, grabbing the food and exiting his car, he made his way up the few steps to the front door. Ringing the bell, shaking off the rush of nerves that suddenly washed over him.

 

“ I brought you some breakfast and hot coffee.” he chimed, admiring her flushed cheeks.

“ Thank you,” she chuckled a bit, receiving the bag,” Come in.” Pulling on his sleeve.

 

When he entered her place, he was surprised at how cozy she lived. Not only did she smell of vanilla and a fresh garden, but her house also smelled of the same and a hint of sandalwood. The colors were nature based, a lot of browns and subtle greens, a hint of red here and there. She had her fireplace going and a soft piano playing in the back. Taking his shoes off, and hanging his coat up, he continued to scan her home of everything. The level of peace struck him at home , but it was never a memory for him; but something he wanted to embody , to nurture.

 

“ Taem?” she asked, “ you going to come eat with me?”

Nodding, “ yeah,” he hurriedly sat in the dining room chair across from her.

“ So, what brings you here?” she asked, still chewing.

“I wanted to see you, and,” he blushed, “ share positive memories, the mushy stuff.”

Chuckling she coughed and reached for her coffee, “ Thanks for breakfast, and not much to do, I have to drop some books off, since i’m officially out of music theory.”

Drinking some coffee, himself, “ accompany you, and when we get back,” he leaned across the small table and kissed her forehead.

 

Taemin, was rather mushy, compared to his driven mind earlier; but in those moments he mustered up a soybean size of courage to ask her the question.

 

“ Arie?” he asked somewhat timidly.

“ What?”

“Can we go to the studio? I-I want to show you something.”

“ A surprise? On break?” she sang songed and grabbed his hand. “ Sure.”


He smiled, and as soon as they finished their breakfast, he grabbed his keys and she changed her clothing; they soon headed out, to the library first.   

 

Orphic Part 2 

 



AN: I honestly hate to break this chapter, into two parts; but I feel like I built up so much in this chapter that if I continued it would be a rambling mess. So I broke it into two parts, for the moment to be easier to manipulate later. My apologies if you were not looking for a short chapter.