Trouvaille

さよならひとり

68747470733a2f2f36382e6d656469612e74756d626c722e636f6d2f66306436633030383235336337356131353736333465343131373262666364322f74756d626c725f6f6474377379526753373175696d75346d6f315f3530302e676966?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

Trouvaille

Chapter 3

 

Scrummaging through the liquor cabinets, finding a large bottle; piss yellow and bitter. Chastely grabbing the empty glass, spilling the distilled spirits into it. Taking respite in the nearest, chair he found; combing his, long fringe out of his face. Taking in the spirits, like robitussin ; clenching his jaw, as the masseter and tongue muscle tightened. Sinking into the chair’s nook, his eyes dark and hollow.

 

Swirling the liquid around in the glass, “ Why must this city corrupt, every newcomer?” slowly, but shortly answering his rhetoric. “ My parents are the biggest devils.”

 

Placing the glass, on the end table, he sauntered to the pool. Glaring at the family portraits,reflections on the marble flooring. Fed up, with the persistent devils that moaned for him; then threw him away again. Watching the water, still and flat, taking a deep breath, he undid his belt buckle and off with his black jeans. Pulling his shirt off, tossing it against the edge of the pool. Counting to three; embracing the clear blue water.  

 

Swimming to the bottom of the pool, touching it, swimming back up to the surface; he let himself go, floating. “What I wanted to say I couldn’t,” his eyes teared up, “ I just want to be in the presence of a family; is that so much to ask?” Backstroking, casually to the other side of the pool, before climbing out.

 

⊱ ⊰

 

Areum, sat on the bench outside of the restaurant; thinking about her impulsive actions. The look in his eyes when she said such bitter words as “Hmm, well don’t you have a woman to defile and booze to drink?” They, were hollow, and bewildered; she hurt him. She wanted to apologize for her wrong doing, not just because he was the only person that had talked to her kindly on her first day. But that this was the second time she had been a royal to him in one day. She ran to her room, flipping the lightswitch up, turning her mac on. Quickly looking up his name in the school directive, she found information on his parents.

 

Squinting, “Eldest son, off to college four years ago...Youngest son, shows signs of rebellion.” Reading further, “Mr. & Mrs. Lee cuts the ribbon, blah blah... Taemin Lee.”

She stopped and sat back from the screen, dry, reading it aloud. “ found beaten and left outside of mansion; father doesn’t press charges, says he needed this. Speculations that, it has something to do, with the young man, not wanting to run the family business.”   

 

Clicking the ‘see more’, her chest hurt, and eyes stung. His leather coat ripped, forehead covered in blood at the hairline, dripping down his face. Lip busted, right eye swollen and bruised, Bruising on his neck and left hand broken. Clicking the transparent arrow to the right, with haste. Crying at all the horrible images, of him; such a eerie feeling swept over her. Just earlier he stood, tall, with long black unstyled hair, and an untouched face, with warm eyes. Then she turned them cold and shattered him, to only find this. Closing her mac, Wiping her tears, making a promise to herself that she would apologize and try to treat him out. Even if he rejected her, she wanted to at least take interest in him; pay him a nicer visit then the last two.

 

Preparing her outfit for tomorrow, with Kris, she wondered if she would see Taemin tomorrow at noon classes, even though it’s basically a vacation week. She remembered the mass, saying he always comes to school on his vacation days and dances alone for hours. In the late of the day, where everyone should be out preparing for dinner, prayer and rest time. Frowning, she headed for the restroom, maybe a warm shower, would help calm everything.


 

🚸

Trouvaille

 

Areum woke early, hesitant on calling Kris earlier than eight am. She just wanted to see as much as possible, with time to spare , so she could find Taemin. But she didn’t want their time to be rushed or seem awkward. She huffed and headed for the restroom to wash up; thinking about what to do and say, as she detangled her hair. Shortly after, she dressed herself, applied simple eyeliner, and lipgloss; before heading out.

 

Tapping on the contact, “ Hello?” his voice rang after the second ring. “ Sorry to be an hour early, but, are you fit to start this early?” she sighed.

Shuffling noise from the other end and a small chuckle, “ Yeah, want to meet up?”

Smiling, “ Starbucks on martinazzi?” she chuckled a bit.

“Sounds good, i’ll bring my car over; see you shortly.”

“ You too.”

 

The two parted ways , phone wise and Areum sat in the empty window seat; ordering a  venti caramel macchiato , and a blueberry scone; getting an extra just in case he’d want one too. About ten minutes later, he walked into the cafe and smiled at her. Waving, he ordered himself a drink and went to sit across from her.  His royal blue, knit scarf ; loosely wrapped around his neck. Perfectly smooth skin, with piercing brown eyes that somehow were so soft.  Half of his caramel blond hair in a ponytail; he was something to look at. Snapping back , she sipped her coffee and initiated small talk.

 

“ So, what is there to do around here, on a cold day like this?”

“ Plenty, if you like sight seeing and being a fake foodie?”

“ Food is my best friend, ” she snorted, “ but sightseeing is something I enjoy when holding my camera.”

Smiling at her, “ you take photography?”

Offering him a scone, “ I am an aspiring ballerina, and i’m stupid for taking music theory; but what to do when you parents have a say.” she said sarcastically.

Biting the scone, she offered, “ Why do they have a say so?”

Grabbing her coffee and scone, “they couldn’t put me in college, so the money I make helps us stay afloat for now.”She replied, walking with him to get his coffee.

Smiling at the person behind the desk, giving a tip, “ very vague, but okay.”

“ Well, then, I didn’t know you read?”  

“ So, let’s get off this subject and get to the showing you around part.”

Sipping her coffee, “ Okay, where to ?”

“Follow me.”

 

The two, parted ways with the starbucks, and headed to a park, a bookstore, a few restaurants and then to the town square. Window shopping at every window, Kris offered to buy her a few chocolates as he claimed them to be “ a must have!” Following him in, she was open to his offer, but hesitant that the chocolate would taste like any other chocolate and that it would be a let down. Kris left her at a table near the entrance and ran off, coming back to her shortly after with little ice cream cups of chocolates.

 

“ My favorite are the bonbons,” he smiled like a little boy, “ the chocolatier, added passionfruit and mango to the outer shell; but once you bite into it. Heaven.”  

Taking one of the bonbons in her hand she trusted him, humming in pleasure as the creamy chocolate filled . “ Wah that is so delicious!”

“ I know right! Told you , you’d enjoy.” Kris smiled, slowly enjoying his cup of assorted chocolates.

 

Later that evening, Taemin flashed across Areum’s mind, and she realized she had spent nearly the whole day with Kris. From coffee, to museum, parks, restaurants and bookstores; she had seen majority of what she wanted for everyday life. She’d already known where the markets were, but Kris insisted on showing her again and setting her up with apps for coupons and so forth. Laughing at his self title, “ i’m a Bargain man” , faint blushes painted each other's faces.

 

Looking at her watch, “ I must head home shortly, but Thank you for the full day and the chocolate. We will definitely have to hang out again, and maybe this time you can show me more about this place?”

Smirking at her , “ i’d love to, see you around then?”

Nodding her head, “ yeah, “ she backed away two steps, impulsively pecking his cheek. “ This time you call me.”

Smiling brightly, “I will make sure too.”

 

Waving bye to each other, after driving her home, he made sure she headed inside safely. After that he drove off, she quickly, changed shoes, to her running ones and only took her phone and wallet with her. Running downstairs, shouting for her mother to hear; letting the swing door snap on her way out. Running in the late evening of the day, making sure to crunchy on time ; he had to be there.

 

There was absolutely, nothing going through her head, but finding him, finding Taemin and to apologize. She couldn’t even think of a way to apologize to him, all she knew was that nobody should be treated that way and misunderstood. But a part of her seemed to not want to agree, what if he actually is like the rumors. Running and running, her lungs burning and the university in sight; she curved herself to a brisk walk. Using the map, of the school, checking the time on her phone,  7:30pm .  She made her way to the dance studio.

 

⊱ ⊰

 

Music softly played from the room, as she closed in on the room, the light became brighter. Pearing around the door frame, he was in there. Dancing and singing along; hoarse and exhausted he appeared. Uncomfortable, with making herself known and with no plan at all; she stepped into the room and called his name. He stopped and looked at her, his eyes once bright, dim again. Sighing, she knew why his mood was blunt in body language.

 

Panting and wiping his sweat,“ Why are you here?”

“ I came to apologize.” she didn’t look at him.

“ Okay,” his voice hitched.

“ I shouldn’t have judged you, listened to people who don’t know you. Assuming you were this person, versus who you are as a person. I looked you up on the-”

“What did you find?” he seemed intrigued.

“ Your family doesn’t really care for you as much as you want them too. “ she looked up at him, “ You were jumped and left outside to die; yet your father said you needed that. I saw the pictures and , and nobody should have to go through that. I saw how your eyes fell dull when I said those things to you yesterday. Even now they are dull, and it’s my fault. I-”

“ That’s enough,” he wiped his face with the towel.

“ No, I am so sorry for being an , I never want you to feel that way again. If you-”

“ It’s alright, “

Swiftly walking towards him, “you don’t have to be afraid of me, I want to get to know you.”

He just stared at her, his eyes quivering, “ Is this a joke?”

“ No it is not, as your co worker we need to know each other, and as just people,” she grabbed his hand, “ I want to know you.”

 

Taemin, searched her earnest eyes, for a lie or catch; but found nothing. Someone caring about, no a female caring about him was new. He’d have to see her everyday and it wouldn’t hurt to have someone to talk too. He slid his hand from hers, and headed for his bag. She ran over to block his way. Large eyes brooding, and thin red lips pursed, he almost wanted to laugh.

 

“ Can I take you to dinner?” she asked confidently.

Stunned, “did you just ask me to dinner?”

Nodding, “ Yes, and if you refuse, i’m going to get you fired.”

Scowling, “ you’d blackmail me? You just-”

Putting her hands on her hips, “ If you refuse, that means I would have ran six miles in the late of the day to apologize to you for nothing. Don’t turn me down please.” she pouted.

Swinging his bag on his back, “ fine, let me take a shower and then we can, did you say you ran six miles for me?”

Stepping into his personal space, “ yes , six miles, and I don’t plan on having my effort ruined, no ditching in the showers.”

Pushing her out of his way, “ i’m amazed, and oddly intrigued by this dinner you want me to attend.

“ Then hurry up!”

 

Taemin walking leisurely to the showers, while Areum went for her dance locker and switched her shirt. Looking into her archive of dishes she wanted to try. Skimming until, one stood out; ready to use Taemin and his car as a means for groceries and to her home where she planned to give him a home cooked meal. Lord knows he wants it as much as he needs it. Thirty minutes later, Taemin found his way back to Areum and shut down the studio; taking her to the car.

 

“If you would be of help, I need to go to the grocery store, and then I shall treat you to dinner.”

Blinking slowly at her with his big heavily lashed eye, “ okay then, don’t take so long in the store.”

Smiling, controlling the urge to jump,” I promise, I hope you like my cooking!”

 

For a small second, his eyes flickered with warmth, and his lips nearly curved into a faint smile. Areum noticed but, kept to herself; she didn’t want him to shut it off. Absentmindedly, she brushed his hair back with her hand; the dampness cooling in the night air. Looking at his dark eyes clearly, smiling; he removed her hand and pulled her in the direction of the car. “ Come on, it’s late as is.”

 



 



A/N : 

I am sorry this update is late, I had some personal problems and some commission work to do. I am currently working on the next chapter and pray to be on a schedule soon. Thank you for your patience!