Ellipses

さよならひとり

 

Image result for Taemin gif 2018

Ellipses

Chapter 11

 

Awaken from their rest, the two hobbled to the bathroom to wash up; Areum with the help of Taemin. She turned the bath water on and yawned; wincing at the slight twist of her leg. Taemin left the room and re-entered with her crutches.

 

She moved her way slow and steady to their room, grabbing some clothing.

 

“Taemin?” She yelled.

He hummed in understanding, “coming”, he yelled back.

“I want to take a bath, can you help me?” Blushing she looked away after asking.

“I’ll help in any way you need.” He beamed earnestly.

 

Looking back with happiness, she began to move; he picked her up so gracefully it stunned her. Walking her to the bathroom and helping her steady herself as she began to undress. She made him look away to humor herself; placing her good leg in the tub and keeping the splint wrapped one out of the water. Turning the water off she moaned of contentment and Taemin painted the image of her so calm in a hot bubble bath.

 

Brushing his hair back, “I’ll be in the living room stalking social media for the conditions heading out in the morning. Call me if you need me okay?” He rhetorically asked, sliding his hands into his back pocket.

 

Ahreum nodded, Taemin left her be and she closed her eyes to her surroundings. In the other room, Taemin opened his phone and began searching. Traffic was going to be gross, given the conditions. “I should’ve gone somewhere hot, next time,” he cursed making a mental note.

 

45 minutes later

 

Taemin went to check on Ahreum and he found her struggling to wash her hair. Laughing as he leaned against the door frame.

 

“ you know you could’ve called me,”

“What would you’ve done?”

Untying her hair and cupping some water, he poured it on the top of her head “well I could massage your head, shampoo and condition and my favorite, kiss you.”

 

Looking at her softly, she pulled more bubbles to cover herself. Taemin chuckled and pulled his shirt off. Squatting alongside the tub, he then carefully washed and detangled her hair. Mischievously pressing kisses to her nape and shoulders. Once it was all done, he grabbed her towel and helped her out of the tub; leaning her glistening body against his. “Taemin” he pressed a kiss to her lips, and held her firmly in her towel. Parting lips, he grabbed her shirt and handed it to her as she slipped it on. He leaned her against the bathroom counter and helped her slip her and boxers on.

 

He managed to get the boxers mid-thigh before she shivered and pulled them all the way up herself. Standing up, he opened his arms for her, “do you not trust me?” he asked. Her face was full of confusion, “why would you think that?” she asked instead of answered, “you don’t want my help and I feel like you are emotionally avoiding me.” He pulled his shirt on and pulled his hair into a tiny bun, before doing hers. “I-”, he picked her up, “I kissed you and you actually felt completely there, like I was needed now you are-” she cut him off.

 

Moving her finger from his lips, she pressed a gentle peck to them, resting her head on his shoulder as he carried her to the living room. “I am not avoiding you, I just don’t know what I want from you.”  Taemin, frowned a little bit, his ears turning red; Areum wrapped herself in the thick throw on the couch. Remembering a text she got the other day when she went to the bathroom.

 

T E X T

‘ you need to take a break from him; come home and spend some time with your parents. Prioritize better, and get better at dancing. I fear he has made you lose focus! You’ve already fallen behind in dance and I just want you- No I'm telling you to take a break from him! A month tops! ‘

 

‘I’m just starting to fall in love, and you want me to take a break? I haven’t lost my focus! I’m on top of  all my classes thanks to his tutoring and this is my junior year in dance! I am the top as of now too. What do you mean he is making me lose focus? He is part of my focus, but even to him, school and work are serious, emotions never fog the way. We are equals! YAH! A month? Why AIYAAA! Mom!’

 

‘You are taking a month from him, I don’t care if you like it or not! We will be watching you too!” COME HOME!’

 

‘I am going to enjoy my moments. Here-’

‘Do you love him?’

“Yes, mom I really love him and I just fell even more in love with him.’

‘Then take a break from him for a month and see how you feel then!’

R E A D

 

Taemin was in the kitchen cooking while humming to a song, she had never heard. She watched him from the plushy sofa and got lost in his aura. Looking at her, to check on her; he found her staring at him. Pulling the food off the fire, and letting it cool; walking to her, throwing his apron on the loveseat. Squatting before her, his hand cupping her cheek, eyes sincere, warm and jumpy from worry.

 

“Why are you pouting?”

“I am pouting?”

Taemin hummed, rubbing his thumb on her plushy cheek, “What is it?”

“Nothing.”

“Nah, I don’t buy it; what is it?”

Her eyes watering, “I love you, so much.”

 

Stunned by her answer, he stopped moving, holding his breath; Areum bent down to kiss him, her tears running down. Pulling him into a hug, caressing his nape, crying really hard. The text message replaying in her head; “a month without him.” She didn’t want to think about it, but the more the text came to her mind; the more she learned how hard it’s going to be without him for a month. Kissing his shoulder, hiccuping a bit, he rubbed her back and hummed the song from earlier; pulling out of the hug, to look at her. Wiping her tears away, pecking her lips and pinching her cheeks with a bright smile on his face.

 

She just sat there under his soft touches, taking in his beauty. His chubby cheeks when he smiles, his fluffy hair, warm sincere eyes, broad shoulders perfect to carry her weight; his soothing voice and how his touches made her feel so small and precious. Crying again, he stood up and pulled her up with him, “I’m going to carry you c’mon.”  

 

Taking her outside, by the pit that he lit earlier when he was checking the weather. Sitting in the patio chair, holding her small frame in his lap. Smoothing her tousled hair back into a proper bun, kissing her temple and offering his sleeve for her tears.

 

“ I don’t know why you are hurting.” he paused, inhaling shakily, “but it pains me too.” He watched her wipe her tears away, and more fill their places. “Did I do something? Am I causing you this pain?”

“No!” Areum yelled, squeezing his hand, “ I’m being forced into taking some time away from you.”

He pressed her head to his collarbone and kissed the top of her head. “ I can see you really don’t like the decision.”

“I hate it, actually.”

“My heart is yours, I won’t go astray and I’ll be waiting for your return to me. Sometimes love gets hard, but that is what makes the bond stronger hmm,” he asked in a hum.

“But a month without you, it makes me grow cold.”

“I’ll give you my warmest coat,” he chuckled, lifting the mood. “I am serious, I will wait for you, I trust you.”

 

Taemin rocked the chair back and forth, as he held her in his arms, humming a tune to her as she rubbed a circle on his chest. Wrapping her arm around his waist, she kissed his cheek, looking at the soft snowfall and fire roaring. She wanted this moment to keep going but, a breeze picked up and if anything nobody wanted to get sick. Carrying her into the family room, he sat down on the sofa and went to the kitchen to prepare plates.

 

The next adventure as soon as she stepped foot into her home, was going to be a separate one. That thought still brought sadness to her and it also sprung bitterness.

 

 



Author Note: 

It has been quite a while since I have updated anything on here. When last December ran through it really ran through me and I had to grieve. I think I am okay as of now. I took a hiatus from my fanart scene too. I work nearly full time and I'm a new college student while I freelance as well; so I apologize for being a ghost. I do hope you enjoy this chapter and leave comments. 

According to my recent poll, many want this story to be made into a comic! I figure I will do so, and post it to webtoons. I hope everyone had a happy Christmas or holidays!? New years is coming soon what are your plans? Goals? anything you're excited about?