Big Blue

さよならひとり

 

 

56990-The-Aquarium.gif

 

Big Blue

Chapter 10

 

Why does walking through a continuous tube submerged underwater with sea creatures bring joy? Is it because just like everyone else that is hiding their true colors; is suddenly free from their insecurities. That when you step into the big blue, you feel as if the earth gave you a chance the breath. Maybe that was what they needed after the hectic yesterday. The jumbled emotions and physical pain, the two bore seemed to have been washed away.

 

Standing by a tank that was filled with various fishes, their habitat waving softly at them. The two forgot about yesterday’s problems. Instead, Taemin watched how Areum was amazed by the vast tank before them. The flickers of light, shining through the waters dance, upon the two. The loud sounds of children all excited, running through the halls and rooms. Suddenly dying down to a quiet hum, as he focused everything in his body on her.

 

He never felt this before, especially not with his ex-girlfriend if that is what she is called. A hesitant nature, cocooned him, and it was a mixture of wanting to cry, but he chuckled, catching her attention. “What is so--” she was stunned for a second, at his sudden kiss, chuckling, as she leaned in for another. Laughing and poking fun at him, as his face flushed with his embarrassment.

 

“What’s gotten into you?” she asked, leaning against his chest, looking up at him.

“I think I am in love with you,” he said, looking her directly in the eyes.

“L-love.” she stuttered and blushed, suddenly aware of how lovingly and rich his eyes were on her.

 

He hummed, and kissed her forehead, walking slowly with her as she picked up her crutches. On to the next exhibit, where she became a kid all over again. Polar Bears are her favorite animal; this being news to Taemin, he was beaming learning more about her.

 

A revelation passed through his mind and settled in his heart; when he mumbled. “I want to know everything about her and keep learning,” “Huh?” Areum looked at him and tilted her head like a confused puppy at him. “Nothing, I see you love polar bears?” He asked, and blushed when she was staring at him with a huge smile. “What?” He asked, confused by her mischievous expression. Yanking him, towards the glass wall, pulling up her phone, she told him to pose; but snapped before he could, catching his vibrant blush and nervous behavior.

 

“Why are you so tense?”

“Because you're so happy to see polar bears, and I didn’t know that.”

“Well, we have plenty of time, to learn more about each other.”

“If I say I love you again, how do you feel?”

Areum paused and thought about it,” Happy, I feel fuzzy in a great way. Because there is a stranger that loves me, and I love him back.”

Taemin blushed and coughed a yes under his breath, “so you don’t think it is early?”

“I think it is early to love someone, but you’re my first love and I wouldn’t change it for anything. So please don’t go anywhere just yet, and be happy with me?”

 

Taemin stared at her earnest confession, kissing her forehead and nodding at her in agreement. “ I’ll be here for as long as I can be,” he said to her, with a wind of security, taking her phone and telling her to pose so he could take a few photos of her with her favorite animal. Before scoping his map, for a place to eat, as his stomach growled.


 

⊱ ⊰

 

“I think we’ve gotten past the hurdle of making good impressions hmm.”

 

Chuckling, Areum stuck her index finger to her chin, skimming the menu at this semi-empty lunch spot. Taemin taking a solid swallow of his ice water; shuddering and waiting for the waiter to come to the table. She admired him and wondered why she felt such a way; she had already expressed her love to him. It was a bubbly sensation in her upper chest, and every time he glanced her way, the sensation grew tight.  His tan complexion in the dim lighting, shaggy short hair, rich brown eyes and a smooth nose pointing to his full lips; entranced her.  

 

She had shared many kisses, felt the power, weaken her and yet she was intoxicated still by any and all of his touches; felt and unfelt. Quickly turning her attention back to the menu when he made eye contact with her; her blush brighter than a sunset. He chuckled, asking her for her order, kissing her hand that rested on the table.

 

“Um how about, a jalapeno burger with an absolute lemonade?” she smiled teeth like a kid.

“Sounds yummy to me, I'm gonna order then if that is okay with you?”

“Totally,” she smiled again, hiding her face with the menu.

“Is something wrong?” Taemin asked, after her soft awkward chuckles.

“Nothing is wrong, I'm gonna run to the restroom real quick.”

 

Taemin watched as she ran to the bathroom literally, and proceeded in ordering the food. He waited a small bit for the drinks to be brought to the table, and for her; but shortly afterward he walked to the restroom and stood there sending her a text.

 

Splashing some water on her face, she calmed her blush and fixed her hair; although she was neat and physically calm. Answering her phones buzz, her face grew hot again, and she couldn’t understand why. Quickly replying back to him, she checked her face for her blush and was relieved; walking out to take her seat before him. Her phone buzzed again and she didn’t bother to reply; she had her mind set on getting back to the table. When an unexpected touch caught her off guard. Those familiar lips and gentle but secure strength around her hips made her overheat and blush. He pulled away and pinched her hot cheeks, “You’re even cuter when you’re frustrated; why didn’t you just tell me?” Dumbfounded, Areum blushed and gave him a soft chaste kiss. Whispering in his ear, “I didn’t know how you tease.”

 

Walking back to their table, she took two sips and the vodka kicked in; she relaxed more and he chuckled. Their food came shortly afterward and they dug in quickly; all that walking really made them hungry. They ended their dates with a full food coma; and a warm and dreadful way back to the cabin. The urge to lay there and sleep was too strong; they shortly succumbed to it all.

 



Author's Note: I hope you liked this overdue chapter. It may be short but there are plenty subliminal sparks and plot projection. Leave your comments below :)