Who Knew

Hurt

I held my hands deep into the pockets of my coat as I hastily made my way down the sidewalk. I made no effort to look back or even think about what just took place. I focused on the sidewalk in front of me and avoiding anyone coming my way. It was quiet the whole walk back to the complex. I had even forgotten that Jongdae was behind me the entire time. When I turned the key to my door I went to look at him but he was already making his way down the hall. We lived in the same complex. He usually walked me home and would wait for me to get to my apartment before going up three more levels to his own. I made my way into my apartment tossing my purse on the ground while I kicked off my shoes. Quickly shuffling to my room I dive bombed it for my bed holding onto my pillow tightly. Just like that every tear I held in came busting out as I sobbed like a baby.

I tried to open my eyes but they were nearly crusted shut. Rubbing them roughly I was greeted by the morning sun pouring in through my bedroom window. Feeling just as exaughsted as before I went to bed I laid back down staring at my cieling. Hearing my phone ring from the hallway I quickly got up to retrieve it. Finding my purse by the front door I had just missed the call. And thankfully too. As I flipped open my phone it showed seven missed calls from Baekhyun. Right as I closed it it buzzed again. Looking at the screen a message had been deliever from Baekhyun.

"Can we talk?"

I scoffed as I tossed the phone back into my purse.

"I think you did most of the talking last night." I growled pulling my hair up into a pony tail. I staggered to the bathroom turning on the shower. I felt scummy and mostly discarded. A nice hot shower would fix things. Stripping myself from the clothes I wore last night I jumped into the shower. The sound of my phone rang through out my quiet apartment.

"I don't want to talk to you!" I yelled at the door.

"Just hear me out." the muffled voice of Baekhyun scared me as it came from behind the door. I quickly flipped off the shower and pulled on a towel. I never thought I'd regret gving him my apartment key until now.

"What are you doing here."

"I want to talk." he said lightly jiggling the doorknob.

"I think you said enough last night and you can do it from right there!" I cried out as I quickly locked the door.

"Heejin, I'm sorry. I'm not asking you to take me back. I just want to apologize that I used you..."

"You used me?!" I cried out. This was news to me.

"Back when we were kids. I made a bet with Jongdae... I told him if I could make you fall for me first that I'd win. Well... I definently won." he chuckled lightly. I twisted my face. So I was just some prize.

"I felt bad how much you liked me so I asked you out.... I didn't think we would date for this long but it was fun to rub it in Jongdae's face."

I kept quiet as this wasnt helping me in any way if anything it was making me feel worst.

"What's you're point?!" I cried out feeling the familiar sting in my eyes.

"I'm sorry... Thats all. I see you as a little sister Heejin... I never ment to hurt you..."

"Then what did you expect to do?!" I held on tighter to my towel.

"Just leave! I hate you Byun Baekhyun. I never want to see you again." I couldn't keep these tears in this time. There was no holding back.

"I understand..." With that the shadow beneath my door disappeared. I waited a long while after I heard the front door shut before leaving the bathroom. I quickly threw on some clothes and didnt even bother to dry my hair as I made a mad dash for Jongdae's apartment. I had to tell him what Baekhyun said. And what about this bet? Was Jongdae just using me too? As I rounded the corner on the nineth floor I quickly threw myself back behind it seeing Baekhyun standing with Jongdae right out side his door. Peeking out towards them I tried to listen to their conversation. Jongdae had his arms crossed leaning against his door. He made it clear he didn't want to hear a word he was saying but he's too nice too ignore him.

"Look after her alright?"

Baekhyun patted him on the shoulder before taking off towards the elevators. Hearing the ding I quickly took off after Jongdae who was just about to close his door.

"Jongdae!" I cried out.

"Heejin?" He opened his door as I stood there breathless.

"What's wrong?"

"What did he say to you?" I huffed. He looked at me painfully then opened his door wider inviting me in.