Six

Sweetest Devotion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

T_T I just realized that the last time I updated this story is already more than one year ago. I'm so sorry. I'm really really so busy lately. But thank you so much for still suppporting this story too. I'm so sorry for being a very bad author too. I hope you'll enjoy this new chapter, but as always, I suggest you to re-read some previous chapters first. Once again, miaaan....

 

Right after Yonghwa and Joohyun registered themselves as a family and went out of Guchung (the office of the administrative district of Seoul), they went to have dinner together with their parents in a private room in a restaurant to celebrate it.

And after they wrapped up the celebration, Yonghwa asked Joohyun’s parents’ permission to take her home.

Based on what they had discussed before, they will live in Yonghwa’s apartment after they married.

Joohyun actually still couldn’t believe that she was a married woman. She was Jung Yonghwa’s wife from that time. It felt so strange and yet heart fluttering for her.

“Since our apartment maybe won’t have enough space for both of us. So let’s just share it together, ne?” Yonghwa suddenly said in a guilty tone.

They were in Yonghwa’s car and heading to Yonghwa’s apartment.

As he had said to her and her parents, he just started a firm with his friend, so he couldn’t afford to buy a bigger apartment for them yet even though his apartment was actually bigger than Joohyun’s apartment.

“Gwenchanayo, Oppa. I just bring my necessary stuffs. I’ll gladly share everything with you,” she replied calmly. It was the umpteenth times she said that. He kept saying how sorry he was for not buying a bigger apartment. And she felt so exasperated since she already said that it was okay.

“Thank you, and mian,” he said as he gave her a sad smile. But then…

THUMP!!!

Joohyun suddenly felt her heart was thumping rapidly after seeing his smile.

She always felt so happy when she saw his wide smile. His bursting cheeks were so charming in her eyes. She didn’t know since when she had that thought. But then she didn’t expect that she would feel so hurt when she saw his sad smile too.

She then shook her head to help her back to her sense as she rubbed her baby bump again.

“What happened? Why do you have to calm yourself like that?” Yonghwa blurted out of sudden.

“Ne~?” Joohyun was so surprised by that question. How did he know that I’m nervous?

“You rubbed your belly again,” he said again as if he could read her mind.

And Joohyun was stunned.

“I realized that you’ll always rub our baby every time you feel nervous or you have to calm yourself,” he added as he kept driving calmly.

He – he realized it?

“Ahh…geuraeyo…” Joohyun looked at her own belly then rubbed it again gently. “I don’t know why but I always feel calmed if I do this…”

She didn’t expect he would realize what she did all this time.

“Jinjja?” Yonghwa was surprised by her answer. “Whoaa…no wonder then. I always feel so warm and happy everytime I saw you do that too,” he said in awe of this fact. He smiled widely as he said that.

THUMP!!!

GOD! She shouted inwardly as her heart started beating rapidly again.

She needed to rub her baby again in the end. It was so fortunate that Yonghwa was not seeing it this time. She really needed to be careful because her heart always did beyond her will.

 

They then arrived at Yonghwa’s apartment not long after that. And when she entered his apartment, she suddenly felt so awkward.

Her thought flew back to that day, when she woke up on his bed. She felt that her face became so hot because of that. She didn’t know what happen with herself. She was so ashamed with her own thought.

It was so fortunate that Yonghwa was in his room at that time. He went to his room right after they arrived. He said he should make sure the room was clean before she saw it.

Yeah, they decided to share the room since Yonghwa just has one bedroom in his apartment.

“Kaja,” He said gently as he walked back to get her luggage and brought it into his room. Joohyun followed him behind.

“You can put your clothes here,” He said as he opened one of his cupboards. He just had two cupboards actually. “I’ll try my best to build a cupboard room for you in the future,” he added as he was looked so guilty again.

“Mwo?” Joohyun was so surprised. “I don’t need it, Oppa. A cupboard is more than enough, jeongmalyo. I don’t bring many clothes, remember?” she said as she was giggling. She didn’t want to see him sad again. Besides, a cupboard room was too much for her. She was not a celebrity who needed a lot of clothes.

He then explained everything about their room and the awkwardness between them was gone.

Joohyun was so surprised that they could talk and act naturally to each other like that. She thought it would be so awkward since they were not lovers, to begin with. Seohyun didn’t expect that they would get along really well together like partners. But then again, they were not ordinary partners. Yeah, they were partners who were expecting their first child together.

“It’s already late, Joohyun-ahh. You should go to sleep,” Yonghwa reminded her right away after he looked at the clock.

“Ahh, ne…”

Yonghwa was right, it was already 10 PM and she was so tired. So, she took the pyjamas and toiletries bag from her luggage then entered the bathroom after that.

She was surprised when she realized that Yonghwa already prepared some space for her toiletries. He really had prepared everything meticulously.

When she went out of the bathroom, she saw Yonghwa was preparing the couch so he could sleep on it comfortably.

“Ahh, you’re done?” he asked simply after he put a blanket on the couch. “I already prepared the bed. You can sleep on the bed from now on.”

And she suddenly felt so guilty. They haven’t talked about how they would sleep actually. And Joohyun felt so touched by Yonghwa’s gentleman act by choosing to sleep on the couch. But it made her feel uneasy. This was Yonghwa’s apartment, and yet he should sleep on the couch.

Joohyun was about to discuss this matter further, but Yonghwa already entered the bathroom. In the end, Joohyun decided to tidy up all her clothes into the cupboards as she was waiting for Yonghwa finished bathing.

It took fifteen minutes when Yonghwa finally went out of the bathroom. She just finished placing all her makeup and skin care on the dresser.

“You haven’t slept?” Yonghwa was surprised when he saw Joohyun was still awake.

Joohyun was in dilemma. She felt so guilty by letting him sleep on the couch, but she couldn’t ask him to sleep together on the bed with her either.

“Wae?” Yonghwa realized that she had something to be asked. “Just tell me, Joohyun-ahh.”

Joohyun didn’t reply him right away. It took several seconds before she finally said, “Is it okay for you to sleep on the couch?”

“Mwo?” Yonghwa was surprised by her question. But he chuckled in the end. “Don’t worry Joohyun-ahh, I can sleep anywhere easily. You’ll be surprised, I’m a typical person who will sleep right away the moment I lay myself. Trust me,” he said simply.

But Joohyun was still uneasy. She wanted to say something but she didn’t know what she was going to say.

“Don’t worry, Joohyun-ahh. I’m really okay. Just have some rest. You are tired, aren’t you?” he said in a gentle tone until Joohyun’s heart beat rapidly because of that.

“Just go to sleep, ne? I’m so tired too,” he added as he started preparing the couch then laid himself.

She didn’t have any choice except lying herself on the bed too in the end.

“Good night, Joohyun-ahh,” he said again out of sudden.

Joohyun needed to turn to him again because of that then said, “Ne, Oppa. Good night~”

It was true that she still felt so guilty and uneasy but she felt so sleepy and tired too. She fell asleep not long after that.

Joohyun didn’t know how long she slept before she was awoken abruptly. This was actually not the first time for her. She always woke up in the midnight because of…hungry.

She felt so silly because of this new weird habit but it was not a big deal…at the beginning. When she was living with her parents, she would find foods in the kitchen or refrigerator easily. But she lived in a new house at that time. She forgot to tell Yonghwa about this too. She wondered will there any foods in his kitchen or not?

But she felt too hungry until she felt like she would cry if she didn’t eat anything at that time. She then stood up carefully then walked out of the room as quiet as she could. She didn’t want to wake Yonghwa up.

She started looking at the refrigerator right after she arrived in the kitchen. But she suddenly felt so worried since she didn’t find any fruits in it. There are some vegetables and eggs but she needed more efforts to turn it into foods. He didn’t have any side dishes too. She then tried to search into the cupboard, hoping to find some snacks in it. But she just found ramyuns.

She suddenly became teary. She felt so silly for being so sad because of that. She actually could make a simple dish like omurice or boiled ramyun, but she still wanted to cry. She hated the fact that this hormone made her whiny and wanted to be pampered by people around her.

Ohh God, this is so upsetting…

She couldn’t hold her cry anymore in the end. She hated herself because of this situation. She knew that she shouldn’t be like this, but she just couldn’t control her own emotion. She never felt like this too before, so this new experience really made her upset.

She was crying as she took an egg and some vegetables from the refrigerator. She knew that crying wouldn’t make her tummy full. She should make something in the end.

She was shaking because of the emotion and hunger as she cut the carrot. It was not surprising that she cut her finger accidently in the end.

“Ahh…” she moaned in pain.

CLANG!!!

And she dropped the knife too.

She cried harder because of that until she needed to cover as she squatted. She knew that she must have awoken Yonghwa with this foolishness. She really hated herself at that time.

“Joohyun-ahh?”

She suddenly heard someone asked.

She looked up and found Yonghwa was looking at her with worried expression.

She tried to hold it, but she failed. She cried harder after that…

 

***

 

Truth be told, Yonghwa was so worried that he would make Joohyun felt so awkward because they should share a room together.

He regretted not to buy a bigger apartment because his current apartment just had one bedroom. He really didn’t expect he would get married this soon. He always felt so guilty because of that.

But Joohyun is indeed a very understanding wife. She accepted all his conditions sincerely without any complaints. But still, he felt a little bit uneasy.

And when he finished bathing and went out of the bathroom, he was surprised to find out that Joohyun had not slept yet. And after he pushed her to tell him what happen, she finally said that she was so worried and felt so guilty to let him sleep on the couch.

He was so touched by her worries, but he couldn’t ask to sleep on the bed together with her too. It was true that they had promised to each other that they would learn to be good parents together. And it implicitly meant that they should learn to love each other if they want to give their children a happy family. But he knew that Joohyun was not ready.

It took some effort to ensure her that he was okay to sleep on the couch.

She was still looked uneasy, even though Yonghwa had told her that he was okay. But it seemed like she was too tired to be worried all night, because not long after she lied herself on the bed, she fell asleep easily.

He felt so relieved seeing it, he then drifted off to sleep too not long after that.

Yonghwa felt like he had not slept too long, when he suddenly heard some noise.

CLANG!!!

Yonghwa was awoken by that sound. He looked at his bed and realized that Joohyun was not there.

He felt his heart skipped a beat. And without thinking twice, he went out of the bedroom to find out what had happened.

He felt so panicked. He was worried there was something happen to Joohyun.

When he arrived in the kitchen, he saw Joohyun squatted as she was crying. He could see blood from her forefinger.

“Joohyun-ahh?” he asked right away. Feeling so damn worried.

She then looked up. It took several seconds before she cried harder.

“What happen?” he asked frantically then tried to help her up. “Are you okay? Do you feel any pain?”

But Joohyun shook her head as she was still crying.

GOD!!! What happens with her? He shouted inwardly. His heart beat so rapidly.

“Joohyun-ahh? Do you want me to call Yejin?” he really didn’t know what to do. He forgot to stay calm.

Joohyun shook her head again and tried to say something in between her sobs. “Aniyo…Op – pa…” she said as she was still sobbing.

Yonghwa then decided to help her to sit on the chair first. She should be calmed.

“Then tell me what happened, Joohyun-ahh?” he asked again as he was pouring the water into a glass. “Here, drink first.”

But Joohyun shook her head again stubbornly.

“Mianhae – yo…Oppa…I didn’t mean to…wake you…up…” she was still crying when she said that. “I’m okay…I just – I just felt so…hungry. But I couldn’t…find any fruits…or snacks…and I suddenly felt so sad…”

Yonghwa was stunned by her explanation.

What…???

But it seemed like she knew that he couldn’t understand it. Joohyun cried harder because of that.

“Aigoo…Joohyun-ahh. Don’t cry, jebal…” Yonghwa suddenly became so panicked again. “I’m so sorry. But please be calm first. So I can help you.”

Joohyun then looked at him again as she was still sobbing.

“So, you are so hungry?” he asked carefully. Trying to figure out from what she had said before.

She then nodded lightly.

“But you couldn’t find anything to be eaten directly. Then you feel so sad?” Yonghwa tried to ask further to find out the reason why she was crying.

It took several seconds before Joohyun nodded again.

Yonghwa froze because of that.

Jeongmal? He couldn’t believe that it was really the reason. He blinked several times after that.

“Aigoo…Joohyun-ahh,” Yonghwa tried not to laugh, but he couldn’t help to chuckle in the end because of that.

He was so damn worried some minutes ago, but he felt so relieved after he could finally understand it. “Mian. I don’t mean to laugh. Jinjja,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter