One

Sweetest Devotion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun jolted. She was awoken abruptly from her deep sleep. Her eyes were still closed at that time. And she felt her body was so sore. She thought to continue sleeping before she suddenly realized something after she moved her hips. She felt hurt…

…in between her legs.

Her mind was fully awoken after that, but she still refused to open her eyes. She felt so scared to open it and found that it was not a dream. But her heart was thumping so crazily at that time. It implicitly told her that it was definitely not a dream. Beside she realized it too, she was… under the blanket.

But suddenly she felt someone groaned behind her.

Oh God! She screamed inwardly.

She was not alone on this bed.

Joohyun prayed inwardly as she finally opened her eyes. As expected, she saw an unfamiliar room in front of her. And she suddenly felt like she really wanted to cry at that time.

Oh God, what really happened?

But she knew that she still needed to face that reality in the end. So, she encourage herself to turn around. But when she turned around, like a slow motion in the movie, she saw…him who just woke up too.

Joohyun froze in her position, while he rubbed his own eyes before he finally realized what he saw. After a few seconds, he froze too. Then they just stared to each others.

Joohyun felt like she needed to break the ice first.

“An – nyeonghaseyo~” she greeted him hesitantly.

He didn’t reply her right away. It seemed like he still absorbed what really happened. After a few seconds, he suddenly sat up as he looked so shocked. “An – nyeonghaseyo~ Joohyun-ssi…” but he still managed himself to reply her.

Joohyun felt her cheeks became hot, and she knew that she blushed at that time. Of course she felt shy with what she saw…

He was too…

Joohyun then sat up too as she grabbed the duvet to cover her chest. She ignored the pain between her legs as she looked around to find her clothes. And after she measured the distance between her and her scattered clothes, she bowed to him lightly then dropped her feet to the floor.

She gasped when she moved her feet but she didn’t care. She took the duvet with her as she ran fast to take her clothes, and reached the door that she hoped it was a bathroom.

Thanks God, it’s really a bathroom. Joohyun screamed inwardly the moment she closed the door.

But she felt so weak out of sudden and she sat lifelessly on the floor in the end.

“Oh, God! Don’t panic Joohyun-ahh.” she told to herself. She tried to calm her heart as she looked around. She still felt herself was trembling and decided to take her time until she felt calmer.

“It’s not a hotel…” she mumbled when she finally realized that it was definitely not hotel bathroom after a few minutes.

Joohyun then tried to remember what had happened last night.

She went to T-Lound right after she heard that news. It was the news about Nam Joohyuk, his ex-boyfriend, who was getting married next month.

But no, she was not broken heart. She really didn’t love him anymore. She just felt like her pride hurt by that fact. They were together for almost four years, before he left her. He left her because he felt tired of her principle. He thought that her principle to keep her ity until she got married was too old fashioned. And Joohyun felt so mad at him because of that. She thought that he was different from her ex-boyfriends who always demand a ual relationship with her. And she thought he could honor her principle until the end. But she was wrong. Joohyuk was not different from others.

They fought hard that night until he decided to leave her.

And the news of his upcoming wedding hurt her pride in the end. It was just three months after they broke up and he was suddenly getting married with his ‘pregnant’ girlfriend.

She always thought that it was her right to keep her ity, but that thought didn’t give her happiness in the end. Joohyuk finally found his happiness with someone else. While herself, was still stuck there, between her own principles.

She went to T-Lound last night to get drunk because of that. She still remembered too when she finally met him at the bar. They talked and Joohyun told him her feeling, her sadness, and her desperation. But after that…she couldn’t remember anything.

No, she still could remember the moment they entered his apartment, while they were kissing madly. And she remembered too…the moment when he took her ity…

“Oh God…” Joohyun mumbled as she massaged her temple. The headache because of hangover hit her.

Let’s get out of here first. She said inwardly as she got up. She tried to wear her clothes. But she suddenly stopped when she saw a blood stain inside her thigh. And without she realized it, her tears were flowing down.

What’s done is done. Crying won’t return my ity back. She said to herself as she tried to wash the blood. She felt so stupid out of sudden. She always kept her ity above of all. But she lost it so easily like that. She was so sad.

She was about to wear her clothes when she suddenly realized something was missing. Then she heard a knock from the door.

Joohyun was surprised when she heard him said, “You dropped something. I…put it here…”

Joohyun blushed again. But she waited. When she heard the sound of the door closed, she slowly opened the bathroom door too. And she found her bra was placed right in front of the door and she took it right away.

She really needed to get out of that place.

“Calm down, Seo Joohyun.” She was calming herself for the last time, before she went out of the bathroom.

But the moment she opened the door, he opened his bedroom door too. Joohyun gasped in horror to see him again. But she tried to maintain her expression after that.

“I…I need to go…” Joohyun said to him in a rush, before she nodded lightly.

She was about to walk fast towards the door when suddenly he said, “Jamsimanyo~ Seo Joohyun-ssi.”

Joohyun froze in her spot. How she really wanted to run away at that time, but she knew she couldn’t do that. She held herself from crying and took a deep breath instead. After that, she turned away, to face him again.

“I think we need to talk first…” he said carefully. And Joohyun looked at his eyes immediately because of that. She was surprised, but then she turned away.

Can we just pretend that nothing happen? Joohyun screamed in her mind desperately. But she knew that he was right. They were adult, and she needed to act like an adult too at least.

Just hear what he wants to say first…she said to herself in the end.

 

***

 

Yonghwa sat blankly the moment he saw Joohyun ran towards his bathroom.

Seo Joohyun was on his bed.

“Oh my God…” he said to himself as he felt so dizzy.

He knew Seo Joohyun because of his friend, Lee Jonghyun. They were introduced to each other last year, before Christmas. She was, Kwon Yuri’s cousin. And Yonghwa knew Yuri as Jonghyun’s colleague in Law Firm where they worked together. But that was all.

He met her several times after that but they never be close friends. They greeted to each other every time they met in T-Lound, and talked briefly sometimes. But he never thought to be close with her since the beginning. Beside he was still with Shinhye at that time.

But last night, when he decided to distract himself in T-Lound, he didn’t expect to meet her, Seo Joohyun, again.

He felt so desperate at that night. He and Shinhye were together for almost seven years. But she asked him for a break last month. She said she needed to focus on her career first and she couldn’t spend much time with him because of that. He already told her that it was okay for him and they didn’t need to take a break for their relationship. But she insisted.

Shinhye was a cycling athlete and was in the peak of her career. And she was in preparation of a big competition that could bring her as the number one female cycling athlete in South Korea and even in the world. That was why she asked him to understand it. And Yonghwa needed to let her go in the end.

But what hurt him the most was Shinhye really did her best after their break up. He just heard the news that she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter