Three

Sweetest Devotion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yonghwa just stood there as Yejin was trying to find the baby. But it shocked him so much when he finally saw his baby inside the black circle.

Oh my God…my…baby…he muttered inwardly as he felt like his soul just flew away. He really never thought that he would be a father this soon. And his baby was…definitely exist.

And it shocked him even more when he heard the heartbeat for the first time. He really couldn’t feel his own feet at that time. He shivered as he stared at the ultrasound monitor. It was so amazing and he felt so touched by it.

Oh my God…he kept on muttered that word inwardly.

But then he suddenly felt like someone was staring at him. He turned to Joohyun, and their eyes met. But she was crying.

Yes, he understood that feeling too. It was so amazing until he couldn’t describe it in any words. And then he smiled at her, implicitly told her that everything would be okay, she didn’t need to be worry.

He really hoped she would understand it…his sincerity.

 

After they left Yejin’s room, Yonghwa asked Joohyun to talk about this further. But she suggested to talk in her apartment.

Yonghwa saw her pale face. She looked so tired. He felt so worry to see her like that, so he agreed in the end.

When they finally inside his car, and after Joohyun told Yonghwa her apartment address, Yonghwa saw Joohyun rubbed her belly as she looked out the window. He didn’t know why, but his heart felt so…warm to see her like that. It just felt so right…

…the baby…my baby…our baby…

A few minutes afterwards, Joohyun fell asleep. And Yonghwa smiled warmly to see her sleeping.

But she was still sleeping when they finally arrived in her apartment’s basement. Yonghwa didn’t have the heart to wake her up. In the end, he let her sleeping a little bit more. Though, he worried if she felt uncomfortable to sleep like that.

One and a half hours had passed. Yonghwa looked at his wristwatch. It was already 5 PM. Then Yonghwa looked at Joohyun who was still sleeping soundlessly beside him. He couldn’t help to giggle in the end. It was not a nap anymore because she was sleeping in that position too long.

But Yonghwa’s giggle made Joohyun woke up in the end. She stirred at first before her eyes became wider. She then looked at her phone to see what time it was.

“Aigoo~ I fell asleep. Mianheyo, Yonghwa-ssi.” She said as she blushed.

“Gwenchanayo, Joohyun-ssi. It was raining outside, so I thought it would be better if we wait here inside. That’s why I didn’t wake you up. Don’t worry, it’s not because of you fell asleep.” Yonghwa tried calming her.

But she still looked blushing. And Yonghwa found her cute because of that.

Not long after that, they arrived in Joohyun’s unit. Her apartment was simple but comfortable. Yonghwa was looking around as she tried to tidy up her living room.

“I’m sorry. I’m so lazy to clean my apartment these days.” She said calmly, didn’t bother to feel ashamed like all the girls he knew.

She is just so genuine…Yonghwa concluded inwardly.

“Aniyo~ gwenchanayo~” he said simply.

After Joohyun finished tidying up her apartment, she then made two cups of tea for them, and they sat side by side on the couch. Joohyun just stared at her cup but Yonghwa could see it clearly that her mind was somewhere else.

“Just tell me.” Yonghwa blurted out abruptly.

“Ne~?” Joohyun was surprised.

“Just tell me what you’re thinking, Joohyun-ssi.” He added.

But Joohyun just silenced. It took several minutes before she took a deep breath then said. “I…I will keep the baby, Yonghwa-ssi…I will raise this baby…”

“…”

Yonghwa felt his heart just stop beating for seconds before it was thumping crazily.

Thanks God…he screamed inwardly.

Truth be told, he was so scared that Joohyun wouldn’t want to keep the baby. But he was so relieved after he heard that from her.

But what he saw in her eyes after that made him worried. She didn’t ask for his responsibility at all.

Does she intend to raise the baby alone? Without me? He asked inwardly.

And that possibility was scared him so much.

“Then let’s raise the baby together…” Yonghwa blurted out again abruptly. He was scared if he didn’t tell her what he was thinking at that time, he would lose the chance forever. “The baby is mine too…let me be a good father for…” he considered to continue his words or not, “…our baby, Joohyun-ssi…jebalyo…”

Joohyun looked so shocked by Yonghwa’s sudden proposal. Yes, he just proposed her.

“I’m sorry for my sudden and unromantic proposal, Joohyun-ssi. I just want to tell you that I really care for the baby, and I don’t want to let you struggle alone. Let me help you, Joohyun-ssi. Let’s raise the baby together.” Yonghwa added. And it surprised him so much that he could say it smoothly without hesitation at all.

Yonghwa saw Joohyun opened but she didn’t say anything, and then she took a deep breath instead.

“But I heard that you already have a girlfriend, Yonghwa-ssi…” she finally said.

Shinhye…

It surprised him that he didn’t remember about her at all since that night. But then again, she was the one who ask for a break. So, he was definitely single for these past months.

I don’t need to feel guilty towards her, do I?

 “Aniyo~, Joohyun-ssi. I broke up with my girlfriend three months ago. So, I’m single since then.” Yonghwa replied calmly. “Waeyo? Are you worried how to tell your boyfriend about this?”

It was a tricky question. He couldn’t ask her directly if she had a new boyfriend already or not. He remembered that night she said about her ex-boyfriend, but she didn’t mention about her current status.

Joohyun then just smiled bitterly, before said, “I don’t have to tell anyone about this matter, besides my parents…”

Yonghwa felt so relieved about her reply.

“Then could you consider my proposal? My wish? Jebalyo, Joohyun-ssi…” he then repeated his question.

Joohyun looked at his eyes immediately. It seemed that she looked for something from him. And Yonghwa just prayed inwardly that at least she could find sincerity in him.

Jebal…

“…ne~ I’ll think about it, Yonghwa-ssi..”

Thanks God…

Yonghwa then told her to take her time and think about it carefully. He wouldn’t rush her. And he asked her to tell him immediately if she finally got the answer.

After that, Yonghwa bade her goodbye because it was already 7 PM. He had an appointment with Yejin too. But it was already a dinner time, so in his way towards Tough Cookie, Yejin’s husband café, Yonghwa stopped by in a Korean’s traditional food restaurant. He asked them what the best food for a pregnant woman. Then they suggested him a juk and seaweed soup. So he bought it all and asked the restaurant to send it to Joohyun’s apartment. She looked so weak the last time he saw her before he left. And he worried she was too weak to prepare her own dinner, so he decided to send her some healthy foods. He just hoped that she would be okay with that food because he heard that pregnant woman could be so sensitive about everything, especially with food.

And it was right 8 PM when Yonghwa finally arrived in Tough Cookie. But the second he entered the café, he got a punch from Yejin who was upset because she already waited for him since an hour ago. Yonghwa needed to apologize because of that, but Yejin was still upset.

Jiho placed an Iced Americano on the table as he sat beside Yejin, her wife, after that. Yonghwa looked at them immediately. They were waiting for his explanation, Yonghwa knew that, they just didn’t say it directly. So, Yonghwa exhaled deeply in the end, tried to arrange an explanation.

“I want to ask you something, before you explain everything.” But Yejin asked him out of sudden.

“M – mwo?” Yonghwa was surprised at first, but in the end he said, “go ahead…”

“How about Shinhye?” she asked curiously.

Yonghwa smiled bitterly after he heard that question. “She asked for a break three months ago. I’m single when I met Joohyun-ssi that night.” He said calmly in the end.

“What? So Joohyun-ssi and the baby…”

“Unexpected pregnancy. Yes, that’s true.” Yonghwa finished it as he smiled sadly. He wouldn’t be able to lie to Yejin. So, he decided to just admit it honestly.

“Yahh! How dare you! I don’t remember that you’re a type of guy who could sleep around easily with a girl who is not even your girlfriend.” Yejin stated in anger and was about to hit Yonghwa again. But Jiho stopped her right away.

“Yahh! Hit him won’t play back the time, Yejin-ahh.” Jiho advised her. He then looked at Yonghwa. “Then what are you going to do after this?”

Yonghwa took a deep breath again, before said. “I already proposed her.”

“Of course you should do that. You have to marry her.” Yejin exclaimed coldly. She might grow up in US but her thought was very conservative about this matter.

“Actually, I disagree with your decision.” But Jiho said again abruptly.

“Mwo?” Yejin shouted in surprise. “Yahh! Of course he should do that. He should be responsible. The baby is his.”

“It’s not what I mean, Yejin-ahh.” Jiho tried to calm his wife. “Look, Yonghwa-yahh. I know you’re a good person. And I understand if you care for your baby so much. But married is not a simple decision. Look at you and Shinhye. You and her were together for seven years, and yet it ended too, right? You need to think about it carefully.”

Yonghwa and Yejin silenced by Jiho’s opinion. “I don’t know if you love the baby’s mother or not. But even if you love her already, it’s still not enough for a marriage. I just don’t want you regret it later. And I don’t want you hurt the baby in the end.”

Yonghwa stunned. Jiho was right. But it was not impossible. He was so sincere with his proposal.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter