Two

Sweetest Devotion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Eonnie…what if…I’m pregnant…?”

“M – mwo?” but Yuri just chuckled by Joohyun’s random statement. “Eiiiiy, seolma~ how come you’re pregnant if you’re still a ? You’re so funny, Joohyun-ahh.”

Yuri continued folding her stuff calmly after that, before Joohyun added. “But I’m not…I’m not a anymore…Eonnie…”

Yuri didn’t absorb it right away. It took several seconds for her to suddenly shouted, “M – mwo – mworago???”

She looked at Joohyun’s pale face and finally realized that her cousin was not joking around. “Joohyun-ahh?” she asked worriedly as she stopped her work.

“I lost it, Eonnie…” Joohyun didn’t know how to explain it to her.

Yuri’s eyes were opened wider because of that. “But…how come?”

“It…just happened. But…” Joohyun gulped before she continued, “I just realized that I didn’t get my period since last month…” she then looked at Yuri, became panic out of sudden. “I thought, as long as I took birth control pills, I won’t get pregnant. But you said before that it takes seven days for the pills to take effect, and I just started taking that pills the day after that night, so it means…”

“Did you take the plan B?” Yuri asked immediately.

“I…” Joohyun was about to answer her, when she suddenly said, “…p – plan B?”

“Yes, plan B. The morning after pill…”

Joohyun suddenly felt like her heart sank. “W – what is that?” she was really clueless with what Yuri said.

“Yahh! Then what’s pill that you take?” Yuri asked with a high pitch tone, started to panic too.

“…the same pills that you always take…”

“M – mwo? Yahh! Seo Joohyun! You’re…” Yuri lost her words. She just silenced for seconds with exasperated expression on her face, before she got up and walked closer to Joohyun. “Then when the last time you take that pill?”

“I…I just took it for about five days after that night.” Joohyun started remembering as much as she could. “Then I missed it for about two or three days, before I finished 7 pills after that…and I forgot it at all…”

“Until now?”

“Ne~ I didn’t take any pills until now…”

Joohyun totally felt so nervous because of that.

“Then, don’t ever take that pills again.” Yuri said simply.

“W – what do you mean, Eonnie?” Joohyun asked in fear.

“I’m not sure. But I think we need to do a pregnancy test first.” Yuri said again as she squeezed Joohyun’s cold hands. “Look, Joohyun-ahh. I’ll buy some pregnancy test kits. But, don’t you dare to do something stupid, okay! I’ll be back quickly. Wait for me, ahrasso!” Yuri said sternly, half threatening her.

Joohyun didn’t say anything when Yuri left her alone. She just sat lifelessly after that. She was still shocked by that possibility. But deep inside her heart, she was so sure that she was already pregnant.

“Oh my God, ottoke?” she said again, without she realized it, she just rubbed her own belly. And then she felt it, there was a little bump in her belly. She never realized it all this time.

Am I really pregnant?

Fifteen minutes later, Joohyun was still in her current position when Yuri finally came with seven kinds of pregnancy test kits.

“Here, Joohyun-ahh. I think I was crazy when I brought all of this. But we should make sure. Just use this all, okay? palli – palli…” she gave it to Joohyun as she pulled her to stand, then led her to the bathroom.

“Don’t worry, I’m waiting right outside the door. Take your time, okay.” Yuri said as she left Joohyun alone in the end.

But Joohyun just sat on the floor after that. Her feet couldn’t stand to bear her own weight at that time.

How come I’m this stupid? I should ask Yuri Eonnie, even if I can’t go to the doctor that day. Oh God…ottoke???

But after several minutes, Joohyun finally got up. She reached one of the kit and decided to just make sure first. She felt that she was trembling when she did that. And when it finished…

“Joohyun-ahh?” she could hear Yuri asked from the outside after several minutes.

Joohyun bit her thumb nervously, but she then called her, “Eonnie…”

“Ne~? Can I come in?” Yuri asked worriedly before she opened the door. She then walked towards Joohyun who stared at the kit on the sink.

“Aigoo~ my Dear, Hyunnie…” Yuri exclaimed after she saw the kit too. “What will you do after this?”

Yuri hugged Joohyun in the end. While Joohyun exhaled deeply after that. “I don’t know Eonni…”

“But you need to see the doctor to make sure. And tell him too.” Yuri said as she rubbed Joohyun’s back gently.

But Joohyun didn’t reply her right away. Yuri needed to pull herself away before she said, “Don’t say that you don’t know who slept with you that night, Joohyun-ahh…”

“No~ I know…him. I just…” Joohyun felt that everything just happened too sudden for her. She really didn’t know what to do. “I just don’t know, Eonnie. Should I tell…him?”

“Yahh! Don’t ask me back!”

Joohyun then silenced as she rubbed her belly again. It felt…so unreal…

Baby…Oh my God…

 

***

 

Yonghwa laid himself on the bed. He felt so tired. He struggled in this past two months but he got the tender in the end. This project was a new step for his little company’s future. And he felt so happy because of that.

But in the middle of the happiness, he suddenly remembered her again. Seo Joohyun. He then took his phone to check if there was something from her.

Truth be told, he was so nervous every time there was an unknown number that called him these past months. But there weren’t any calls from her until that time. He felt so relieved but still worried in the end.

He definitely didn’t wear any condoms that night. It would be okay, as long as she took birth control pills. But the fact that she was before he took it, made him felt so sure that they really had an unprotected that night.

But it was almost two months since that night. No news means good news. He concluded inwardly.

He just hoped that she was okay.

But suddenly his phone was vibrated. It was an unknown number.

Yonghwa felt his heart was thumping crazily because of that. He didn’t know why, but he got that feeling this time.

It must be…her…

He was about to pick that call, when suddenly it stopped. Yonghwa became so sweaty out of sudden.

He could ignore it or just waited until she called again actually. But he felt like he needed to call that number back. He didn’t know why.

He then took a deep breath before he decided to call her back in the end.

It took several seconds, before it was finally picked.

“Yeoboseyo~” he heard a sweet voice in other line. And he suddenly felt like his heart was beating more crazily because of that.

“…Joohyun…ssi…??” he guessed.

She didn’t reply him right away. But after several seconds, he heard she exhaled then said, “…ne~…”

GOD…

“Annyeonghaseyo…Joohyun-ssi. How are you?” Yonghwa didn’t know how to do, so he decided to just ask how she was.

“I’m…fine…” she answered hesitantly. “Yonghwa-ssi, I need to tell you something…”

“Ne~? What happen?” Yonghwa could still feel his heart beat crazily.

“I…” but she sounded so hesitant.

Yonghwa considered something then asked, “Or you want to meet outside?”

But Joohyun didn’t reply him again.

Yonghwa waited but she still didn’t say anything after several seconds.

He then heard she sighed deeply. And without he realized it, he just asked. “Are you…pregnant?”

“M – mwo?” she sounded so surprised by his guess. “You – you know?”

God…she is really pregnant…Yonghwa shouted inwardly as he felt so weak out of sudden. It was so fortunate that he was on his bed at that time.

“Ne~ I just got that feeling~” he said honestly, as he closed his eyes.

And then they silenced after that.

“I – I did pregnancy test…to seven kits and it all showed that I’m pregnant…but I’m still not sure…” she stuttered a bit.

Yonghwa waited, but he didn’t feel panic at all. Actually, he already could predict it. He still surprised when he heard that news, that was true, but he didn’t know why, he really could accept it already.

Yonghwa then considered something. “Then how about we go to the doctor together?”

“Ne?” she was surprised again by Yonghwa’s sudden suggestion.

“Do you have another plan for tomorrow?” Yonghwa still waited her answer because he really needed to know about their condition. Her and the baby…

“Aniyo~ Yonghwa-ssi…”

“So how about we meet the doctor in Sowon Hospital? Let’s make it sure together…”

But Joohyun didn’t reply him again. “I have an acquaintance there. I’ll make an appointment for us if you’re okay with that.” he added. Like before, Joohyun didn’t reply him right away. But Yonghwa waited her patiently. He perfectly knew how her feeling at that time.

“…okay…” She finally said after several seconds.

“Good then. I’ll pick you…” Yonghwa was about to say that he would pick her up when suddenly she cut it off, “Ahh…let’s just meet in Sowon Hospital tomorrow, Yonghwa-ssi.”

Yonghwa was surprised but he understood. He didn’t want to force her too. So, he agreed with her idea in the end.

“Okay then. Let’s meet in Sowon Hospital tomorrow afternoon, Joohyun-ssi. I’ll text you the time.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter