judging criteria

carr◊ts writing contest ⇢ now accepting entries!
 

carrots

judging criteria

judging criteria

#"i english very well more than you" #mingyu loves seungkwan like bananas #are you kimbap kidding me?

first impressions

in this section, we'll be focusing on the title of your story, as well as the accompanying description/foreword. the most important consideration will be how enticing you make your story seem right off the bat. aim for intriguing titles and descriptions that capture a reader's curiosity!


plot 

the three most important elements of a plot are its flow, believability, and originality. balance is key! 


characterisation 

a story is never complete unless it has memorable, three-dimensional characters. as you're writing, try to make the people in your story as lifelike as possible while thoroughly developing the relationships between the different individuals. 


grammar

in this contest, we'll be abiding by the grammatical rules of the chicago manual of style. if you're not confident in your grammar, feel free to hire a beta-reader or look through some of our previously written reviews for some easy tips.


Writing style 

the two most basic components of a writing style are diction and syntax: word choice and structure. writing is an art, so don't forget that each phrase, punctuation mark, and paragraph makes a huge contribution to the overall story itself. every writer has a unique voice; we're excited to hear yours!


USe of prompt 

prompt usage is an easy way to express your creativity. try to take in all the different aspects of the song while trying to think of a plot: the choreography, the outfits, the mood, and the lyrics are all fair game! sometimes focusing on a minor detail can result in a story unlike any other.


overall enjoyment 

DID YOUR STORY MAKE US feel 아주 nice?

 

judging

J