faq

carr◊ts writing contest ⇢ now accepting entries!
 

carrots

faq

our q & a

#okay in all honesty # who else cringed when vernon used the word "fronting" again in this song

q: wait, so are each of you in charge of judging only one category?
A: we'll be judging all of the stories as a team! the different cateogories were just something fun that we thought up of for the contest. c: 

q: what constitutes a trigger warning for you guys? 
a: in most cases, trigger warnings are for excessive gore/violence and heavier topics. not too sure if something requires a trigger warning? don't hesitate to ask! 


q: do you allow co-authors or beta readers?
a: both co-authors and beta readers are allowed for this contest; however, please be aware that only one set of prizes will be given for the winning entry! 

q: there are so many prompts to choose from! can i mix and match prompts from different categories?
a: while you're free to choose as many prompts as you like (including those listed on our categories page and those you find on your own), you'll only be allowed to enter your story into one category. remember that you're allowed up to four different entries, so feel free to take advantage of this!

Q: What do you mean when you say that the fic has to be related to the seventeen song? 
A: The seventeen song is a compulsory prompt to be used along with your category prompt choice (i.e. you will be using two prompts for this contest)! You could draw inspiration from the lyrics, mood, or perhaps even the choreography. anything is fair game, so feel free to be creative with this!

q: if i don't use anything listed in the cheat sheet, will it affect my chances of winning? 
a: not at all! think of the cheat sheet as something that can be used to find some additional inspiration in case you find yourself stumped. in the end, we'll be judging on the content of the story, so the characters and/or pairings chosen for the plot won't be as important. 

q: how will you be scoring the stories? how come you didn't provide a grading scale for the rubric?
a: for this contest, we decided to only list the aspects that will be considered during the judging process. at our shop, we've always stressed that written feedback is more important than any numerical score, so we're extending this principle over into our contest by putting a greater focus on the celebration of creativity and writing. if you're curious about how the different criteria will be weighted, feel free to check out our judging rubrics over at kodawari's main page. 

 

faq

?