Sunrise

Found You

The answer didn't arrive in a short amount of time It was already her farewell party with her classmates. Of course, Junseo was there, and it still made Eunbyul feel awkward about the confession thing. Junseo told her that whatever happened between Sanha and her was none of his business. But Junseo looked a lot like his brother. 

"Sanha told me you shouldn't worry about him anymore," Junseo whispered," He said it was an infatuation. And he wants to focus on his career. You know that they haven't won on a music show."

"I am not ready to face either of them," Eunbyul frowned," But that's what they deserve right? An answer?"

"You already have that, don't you? You concluded that you like Bin-hyung more than my brother. And Sanha's a smart kid. I think he guessed that before you did." 

"Then why did he confess it?" 

"It's more for his satisfaction than yours. At least he didn't bottle his feelings up. He was honest about his feelings. Shouldn't you be with yours?"

Eunbyul rolled her eyes," Don't lecture me. I'm still.. I don't want to be unsure when I answer oppa's feelings." 

 

"Second lead syndrome huh," Sanha frowned," Is that what I'm suffering from?" 

"What are you saying? This is just one girl, Sanha," Myungjun tried cheering the younger up," You have your whole life ahead of you."

"But she's... Noona's noona," Sanha dreamily said," I can't forget about her." 

"You won't forget but your feelings will surely fade away. That's why she's distancing herself from us, to think about her feelings more. But you already have your own conclusion on what Eunbyul's feelings are. Am I right?"

"She likes hyung more," Sanha buried his face with his hands," I'm hopeless against hyung. He has been so enthusiastic about her. He always tried to be there with her. He loves her so much. I'm such a child compared to him." 

"Maybe you are, but I mean, Bin's still a child too. He's so whiny, so clingy," Myungjun shrugged," Byul will have her hands full with him." 

"You know that's not what I mean."

"I know but I'm trying to cheer you up. You can't change her mind at this point. We can only wait until she's ready to face us with what her feelings really are. Whatever the result is, I'm sure you'll respect her decision."

"Of course, I will. If it makes her happy, I'll be happy too."

"This sounds like a sappy drama," Myungjun laughed," Let's just talk about something else. I'm already envious you children are experience a drama-like love." 

 

"Stop with that smile," Moonbin pushed Minhyuk's face away from him," It's nice that your feelings with your crush are mutual but think of me. Have some empathy for me!" 

"What? Byullie's not saying anything yet?" Minhyuk almost laughed," She's such a silly girl to prolong this. She knows the answer in herself."

"Do you know?"

"Of course not! I don't understand girls well. I just have a hunch but I won't tell you."  

"Come on! Tell me!" Moonbin whined," I know I told her that I will accept whatever answer she has for me, but I'm really nervous. It'll help if the best friend of the girl I like would give me some clue."

"Guess for yourself. Just notice how she treats you then I think you'll arrive at the same answer as I do," Minhyuk told him," She's pretty much an open book. You just need to know what page to land on." 

"I'll just ask her myself later. Sanha's brother invited us over after all. I'm sure he invited Eunbyul too." 

 

"Why do have to help you? I'm a guest!" 

Eunbyul punched Junseo's shoulder weakly. Junseo asked her to help him get ready for the get together he organized. Yoojung was also there to help them. Sanha wasn't there because of... obvious reasons. 

"Yoojung is too but you don't see her complaining," Junseo snapped back at her. "Just be a good girl and bring my guitar to the living room. We're going to jam with them later. Yoojung, please tie the balloons here." 

"Why do you use please with Yoojung? I sense inequality here!" Eunbyul whined but was only replied with Junseo's and Yoojung's chuckling. "I can't believe we're graduating, Junseo. We're going to chase our dreams after this..." 

"Don't be so dramatic now. It's too early," Yoojung said," Anyways, what do you think of Bin-ssi? Will you answer his feelings?" 

"I might tonight..." Eunbyul looked down. She didn't know why but she felt guilty about her feelings. Maybe because someone's going to get hurt? She likes them both, if she were honest with herself. But she knew that she viewed Sanha more as a brother. She realized that recently. And as she viewed him as someone that close to her, she didn't want to hurt him. Moonbin didn't even know what was happening between them. He was the most clueless about the whole situation. 

"You might have a boyfriend after this night," Junseo teased," Finally, someone who's going to put up with you aside from Minhyuk and I. I pity Moonbin so much." 

"I'm not that bad. I mean, he knew me as Hyukkie's friend before he knew me as Eunbyul. He knows what he's getting into." 

"I'm happy you are sure of how you feel right now, y'know," Yoojung smiled to herself," You've been in agony these couple of weeks. You deserve happiness after all the good you've done." 

"It's just a boyfriend, Yoojung. It's uhh... It's not that big," Eunbyul shrugged," Sure, I do like oppa a lot but..."

"Stop with the girl talk!" Junseo almost shouted. Eunbyul laughed," Okay we'll stop. Oh right, I'll get your guitar now." 

As Eunbyul ran up the stairs, the doorbell rang. Junseo left Yoojung to her devices and went out to welcome his guests. Basically, it was his brother and his groupmates. 

"Hey! Congrats!" Jinwoo hugged Junseo," You got out of basic education!" 

"Hey, thanks for inviting us," Moonbin gave him a high-five.

"If you're wondering where Byul is, she's upstairs," Junseo told him. Moonbin's eyes lit up and he immediately asked for permission to go to her. Junseo shrugged and stepped aside, looking at his younger brother. After Moonbin sped upstairs, Junseo offered a hug to Sanha. 

"Yes, we need that," Myungjun pushed Sanha, forcing him to be part of a hugging sandwich," Our baby has an unrequited love." 

 

Before Moonbin could greet Eunbyul, he saw her looking through Junseo's pictures which were on his desk. She had a sweet smile on her face, as if she was reminiscing.

"I can't believe he's the type of guy to frame class pictures. What an idiot," she muttered to herself before putting it down. "God, we're close to being separated. How many years has it been? Junseo's such a good friend. I'll miss him." 

Moonbin knocked twice before saying," It's not like he's going to another country or something."

Eunbyul looked flustered. She didn't want to get caught being sentimental, all by herself. 

"Why are you here? I mean, of course, there's a party downstairs. But this is Junseo's room." 

"I wanted to see you," Moonbin went into the room, smiling," Junseo's that important to you?"

"Yeah, he's hopeless when it comes to girls, but man, he's an awesome friend. I love him so much." 

"It's cute how you value your friends," Moonbin gave her head a pat," Another reason to like you." 

"You already do, though." 

"It's rare for you to acknowledge that." 

"How can I not when you've been making me acknowledge it?" 

"I'd prefer getting an answer rather than an acknowledgement though," he whistled," But I don't want to rush you." 

"You don't need to," Eunbyul lifted Junseo's guitar case," You'll have one sooner enough." 

Moonbin's eyes sparkled. "Really?" 

"Mhm," she nodded before going out of the room. Like a loyal dog, Moonbin followed her. 

Eunbyul handed Sanha Junseo's guitar. She smiled at him. 

"Noona," was the only word Sanha could utter in front of her. When he noticed Moonbin behind her, Sanha stopped himself from saying more. 

"I haven't. Yet," she told him before heading to Eunwoo. Moonbin was confused by their exchange but decided not to ask anything. He respected that Sanha and Eunbyul could have their own secrets and promises to each other. It's not as if they have something going on. He hoped not.

"Sanha, let's start off the party with a song," Moonbin smiled at the younger. Sanha nodded. 

"Sure." 

 

"Oppa, how's the drama you auditioned to be in?" Eunbyul looked up to the handsome man. He looked like Eunbyul's ideal guy. His personality wasn't though. She knew he can be cringey and princely but she knew they wouldn't click as a couple. She wondered if Moonbin and her would click though. Or would they break up when the time called for it? 

"I haven't received the results. I hope I get the role though," Eunwoo answered," How about you? Where are you going to study?" 

Eunbyul pouted for a moment but she showed a smile later on. 

"I'm still not sure, but I do have choices," she answered. Eunbyul, out of desperation to change the topic, decided to switch it to their comeback preparations. Eunwoo took the cue and decided to tell her about what their concept would be. It wouldn't hurt if he told her after all. With how Minhyuk was, he was sure he already showed Eunbyul about their choreography. While talking to him though, she had her eyes roaming around the room. Sanha and Junseo were bickering, like brothers sometimes do. Myungjun and Jinwoo were contemplating on whether they should drink amongst the sea of minors. And Moonbin was just there with Minhyuk, maybe talking about video games or whatever teenage boys talked about?

"If you want to talk to him, you can," Eunwoo nudged Eunbyul. She was confused at first what he meant, but when he used his head to point to Moonbin's direction, Eunbyul understood it completely. She was still trying to find the perfect timing as to when she'd tell Moonbin that she did like him that way. But maybe finding the perfect timing would take ages? Eunwoo, figuring out that Eunbyul wouldn't go to Moonbin by herself, decided to pull her to where the dancers were. From the shy Eunbyul, she turned into the social Eunbyul Minhyuk and Moonbin knew. Eunwoo rolled his eyes when he realized this. 

Eunwoo lightly tugged Minhyuk's top, gesturing for them to leave the soon-to-be couple. Minhyuk nodded and made up some excuse about buying more ice from the nearby convenience store. That left Moonbin with Eunbyul, who were both visibly nervous to be with each other. 

"Um," Moonbin and Eunbyul both muttered, getting all shy after then laughing. The both of them smiled at each other. 

"So I heard from Minhyuk that you'll be going into uni?" Moonbin asked. Eunbyul tucked her hair behind her ear, nodding slowly. 

"Yeah, ever thought of going to college?" 

"I might," Moonbin timidly answered," Depending on the college you'll go to?"

"Are you implying you want to study in the same university as me?" She raised an eyebrow. Moonbin nodded, avoiding her eyes. 

"Wouldn't that be easier once we're dating?" He mused. 

"And who said we will?" 

"I do," Moonbin hummed. Eunbyul suddenly felt so shy in front of him and she never felt like that before. Was it the fluttering of butterflies in her stomach? Or was it a stomach ache? She didn't know. Moonbin rubbed his nape with his right hand and chuckled awkwardly. "No snarky comeback?" He asked. Eunbyul shook her head. 

"Because it's true," she almost whispered but it was audible enough for Moonbin to hear. Moonbin paused for a second, as if his brain didn't register his answer, being his eyes widened. He stared at Eunbyul, who seemed to be very shy about her sudden confession. Did that mean she liked him already? Enough for them to date? He wanted to speak but he couldn't. Eunbyul tugged on his top, still not looking at him," Hey, say something, will you?" 

"How can I?" Moonbin covered his face. He felt himself burning up," No words can explain how happy I am to be with you. After all this time..." 

"You have me now," she whispered," And I always had you." 

Sanha was watching all this unfold with his brother's noise as the background. He knew in his heart that they were basically confessing to each other. He knew that once they started dating, Eunbyul would officially never be his. It hurt. A lot. But Sanha accepted that. He knew Eunbyul would never choose him over Moonbin. Moonbin deserved her more anyway. He went through how many rejections and never gave up. Sanha knew he should content himself as Eunbyul's little brother figure. It was the best for the both of them. 

'I found you,' he thought,' It's just that it was too late when I did.'