Ninth Star

Found You

Sanha inhaled deeply. He tried psyching himself up in the bathroom. 

"Today's your day, Sanha," he told his reflection," Today will be the day when we'll know whether noona looks at us as a man or just a little brother." He gulped. He hoped it was the former than the latter. 

"You're taking too long there, Sanha!" Myungjun knocked on the bathroom door," I need to do the number two!" 

"Wait, hyung!" Sanha shouted back," I just.. I have to prepare myself." 

"Hell yeah you better prepare to clean my mess if you don't open this door and get out right now!" The older said, fumbling to turn the knob. 

Sanha opened the door and before he could fully get out, he heard Myungjun whisper," Good luck with your date. You have tough competition." Before the maknae could thank him, Myungjun slammed the door shut. 

 

"You have plans today?" Moonbin pouted as he talked to Eunbyul on the phone," Can I come?"

"No, silly," she laughed," I don't need a chaperone. And I feel safe with this person."

"You've been secretive about who that person is."

"You don't need to know," she whistled," I hear jealousy in your voice." 

"It's not.. Maybe I am," Moonbin sighed," Is it a date?" 

"Hmm," Moonbin could hear how playful she was," Well, I'm going out with a guy so think as you want." 

"You're giving me a reason to be even more curious."

"Don't worry. You'll know who it is soon enough. I'm going to get ready now. Goodbye, oppa!" She hung up without letting Moonbin say goodbye too.

Moonbin had a bad feeling about this. He sat on his bed and thought about it. He didn't know anyone from Eunbyul's school. And he was sure enough no other member liked her. Minhyuk obviously likes Yoonjung. Eunwoo looked like he viewed Eunbyul as a little sister, and the same goes for the older members. Sanha was always treated as a baby by her. Moonbin lied down on his bed. Thinking. 

'Do I really stand a chance if she doesn't want to go on a date with me?' 

 

Sanha fiddled his fingers as he waited for Eunbyul at the bus stop near her place. He felt his heart pounding with every minute that passed. 

'Do I look okay? Is this bad? I asked her out... Is this bad?' 

"Are you okay?" Sanha jumped from his position when he heard her voice. He turned his head to see her all dolled up. "Hm?" She tilted her head when she noticed him staring. 

"I... I am! Don't worry!" He chuckled to himself, avoiding her eyes. "You look really nice, noona," he managed to compose himself.

"You really are a flatterer, Sanha," Eunbyul jokingly punched his arm. "You don't look half bad too! If you're nervous about Bin-oppa, I told Minhyuk to deal with him." 

'Oh.. Oh, great.'

The two of them didn't look like siblings. Sanha was hoping it stayed that way. But of course, they wouldn't. They looked nothing alike. And he was way taller than her. Although, Sanha hoped she would wrap her arm around his, he didn't have any right to complain. She was there after all. That was what was important, her presence. 

"So, why did you ask me out?" Eunbyul asked," Were you planning to ask our a girl you like but you didn't know how the date would turn out?"

"I--"

"Don't worry about that! I can pretend to be any kind of girl you want. But if you ask me about it, it's risky for you to ask out anyone. Bin-oppa's already going through a lot just by confessing that he..." Her voice trailed off, a faint smile on her lips. Sanha knew what she meant and it hurt him. Although Eunbyul was never clear about how she felt, Sanha noticed the little details. She smiled differently when she was with Moonbin. It wasn't a matter of "if" anymore, but rather "when." That's why Sanha knew he had to make his move.

"I think liking the girl I like... It's riskier than hyung's situation," Sanha told her," I can lose a lot if I don't play the cards right."

"Well, whatever happens, ASTRO and I are just here!" Eunbyul cheered him on. Sanha couldn't put himself to say it, that he could lose ASTRO and her if she knew of his feelings. But he couldn't stand by and do nothing at that point.

 

"I wonder where she is..." Moonbin dreamily mused," What kind of man is she with? Who is she with? Why isn't she agreeing to have at least one date with me..." 

Minhyuk frowned a bit. He was tasked to guard Moonbin but all he did that day was whine and think about Eunbyul. Boy, this fool sure was in love. 

"Maybe she's meaning to agree to a date but something's stopping her," Jinwoo said as he sat beside Moonbin," Have you ever asked her why?"

"I always do! But she avoids the question rather well. I really want her to be honest with me."

"Maybe, this is her way of respecting your feelings? I mean, she wants to be sure first after all," Minhyuk fiddled with the water bottle in his hands," Once she commits to something, she doesn't give up on it. Hey, I hate that side of hers sometimes but at least you know she's taking this seriously."

"You're not a joke to her, Bin," Jinwoo reassured Moonbin," When you hear her answer, it's going to be an answer she thought about since your confession."

"Knowing her, yeah. I just hope... no one comes and steals her away from me, y'know." 

 

It's been exactly 3 hours since the date started and Sanha understood why teenagers liked going on dates. It was fun, of course, with the right person. and Eunbyul was the perfect person to be with. She didn't judge him when he wanted to do childish things, like being stuck in the arcade or going on the swings in the park. Those were little things but he appreciated every part of it. Plus, Eunbyul even treated him to ice cream, as a thanks for winning her a stuffed toy in the arcade. 

"Let's have lunch?" Sanha asked," I'm going to treat you to this special restaurant."

As they were walking, Eunbyul noticed that the streets they were passing by were familiar. They finally entered a restaurant which had a duo playing on the small stage. When Eunbyul realized where they were, she automatically held Sanha's arm and smiled at him brightly.

"This feels nostalgic," she commented, looking around the restaurant. It had pictures of musicians all over one wall and a collection of guitars on another. She knew what this place meant to both of them.

"You brought me here when I was really down," Sanha said," And we weren't really that close back then. I just knew you as that noona Rocky-hyung always brought. I didn't expect that you would want to cheer up a stranger like me."

"Well... It wasn't that big of a task, to be honest. I mean, you were sad after all, and the other oppas didn't know how to deal with that."

"But you knew."

Eunbyul shrugged," I felt like you needed a change of pace. What's better than a person who's practically a stranger and a new restaurant."

"And we always sneaked here to escape our responsibilities for just a moment... To be just us."

"That's why this place is famous for musicians. Not a lot of people know this place and it's only spread by the word of mouth."

"That's why.." Sanha stopped himself. He was about to confess to her but he felt like he wasn't ready for the consequences yet. "Let's have a seat first."

After ordering, the two of them continued to update each other about their lives. Sanha missed that feeling. That he was a normal person before he was an idol. Eunbyul made him feel like he was a normal person. She didn't ask much about the promotions he had, but she did ask him about his school and told him about the shenanigans his brother had in their school. She told him of the people she met in her school and wished Sanha was in her school. 

"So about this girl you like," Eunbyul snickered," Who is she? Is she part of the staff? Maybe your classmate? Oh my, is it a trainee?"

"None of the above, noona," Sanha chuckled," You'll never guess who it is."

"I can," her smile didn't look playful anymore," I know you so well, after all."

"What do you mean?"

"Sanha... You asked me on a date to ask me how I feel about you," she answered," am I right?"

"Noona..."

"I may be athletically inclined but I'm good at emotions too," she joked for a moment. "Do you want to know my answer?"

"A part of me doesn't."

"A part of you might like what you hear."