Getting Ready (Physically and Mentally)

It Started at a Fan Signing

After much debate over your choice of wardrobe you settled on a straight fitted black dress that had a few pink and white stripes on the sleeves that ended just over your elbows with a small silky pink bow on a front pocket.

“Soohyun, this dress is perfect!” She jumped up from her place on your bed, clapping her hands together in excitement. It was obvious that he favored the color black but the touch of pink made it more feminine and sweet.

“Let’s curl your hair!”

 

You looked yourself in the mirror once more before you left for the venue. Your hair fell down to the middle of your back in soft curls. You had opted for a small headband to keep the long strands from falling in your face. Your makeup was very light and subtle with a cherry tint on your lips.

As you looked down to your outfit you felt content, you had never been the skinniest of girls. Hyemin always had the perfect body and you envied her for it growing up. Next to her you always were the girl that the ahjummas would say “eats very well”. Your thighs rubbed against each other when you walked and your tummy had never been the toned flat stomach that Hyemin never missed a chance to “accidentally” show off. Despite all that you felt more confident today than you ever had.

 

            When the two of you arrived at the venue it finally hit you that this was really happening, you were really about to meet Kyungsoo. Your palms started feeling clammy and your stomach felt as though it was filled with a hundred stones..

“Hyemin-ah I don’t think I can do this” you said, pressing the back of your hands against your cheeks exhaling shakily. “What if I trip or just freeze, what if I open my mouth and nothing comes out, what if he laughs at me. I might cry and-“

“Soohyun look at me,” she grabbed your face and turned it to hers, “You are Soo-Hyun, the girl every boy in school had a crush on, he is just another boy,“ she paused, tilting her head to the right with her eyes squinted, “…a really famous boy.”

“Every boy in school? Unnie don’t exaggerate.” You replied rolling your eyes.

“Okay, maybe not every boy but they should have been, look at you!!” you had to admit, you felt really pretty today. Somehow everything worked out perfectly, which practically never happened to you on important days like this. Although you felt as though you had never had a day that felt more important than this.

“Just take a deep breath, I mean what’s the worst that could happen? So what if you trip, or freeze, or nothing comes out of your mouth? He’d probably think you’re cute for it. Isn’t that what you want?”

“You’re right.” You replied on a deep exhale as you tried to shake out the nerves from your hands.

“Of course I am.” Hyemin responded with full confidence as she hooked her arm around yours and led you towards the building’s entry.