Stay with me

A Woman's Worth

Everything was fuzzy, felt like cotton but tastes like copper. Her body felt like it was floating in water. Then it felt like being wrapped in a warm blanket. It felt nice.

It was hard for her to open her eyes, when she did she caught glimpses of people, lights and for a moment she could taste sound. That was funny.

"Jai!" A man's voice had shouted at her.

Had she laughed out loud? She wasn't sure but she knew that voice it was Tao.

"Tao" she whispered or at least she though she did.

"Shh, just sleep. I'll be here when you wake up" Tao said. His voice sounded strange. Suddenly he wasn't by her side anymore, Jai began to feel a wave of panic rush over her. She was going to be alone.

Jai tried to sit up but a pain her chest made her cry out, she didn't understand why. She wanted to be near Tao. "Tao!" She screamed at the top of her lungs.

The woman pushing her tried to calm her down but just made Jai even more anxious. She needed Tao, she was blurring on the edges of her eyesight and felt even more scared to fall asleep.

She could hear Tao in the background, she wished he was closer.

When Jai opened her eyes again she awoke to sharp pain her chest. It was bad but not as bad as before, it probably due to IV drip that stood next to her bed. Tao was laying his head on her thigh, something she never seen him do. She wondered if he was still in pain. He had only been recovering from getting stabbed for a short while.

Jai began to to his head while she did her best to piece together what happened. Did Sehun attack her? Did he get arrested or did he flee like the coward he was. Tao would probably fill in the hazy bits when he woke up so she didn't worry too much about it.  She had a feeling it was more than a simple attack her chest hurting way too much for to be as simple as that.

Feeling curious she took a peek at the gauze on her chest. Yep she figured it was more complicated then what she thought. She sighed.

"When are things going to get easy?" She asked herself out loud. Stirring Tao slightly. She felt so frustrated, this is not how she pictured herself especially when she decided to marry him. things were supposed to be a little easier for her and especially for her family.

She laid back on the bed and tried to calm herself down.

"You always cry" Tao mumbled. He lifted his head and looked up Jai. His eyes were half open and eyes were glassy from sleep. He climbed in her hospital bed, it was a little small but he managed. He wrapped his cry baby wife in his arms, kissing the top of her head. "You saved my life and your still crying over small stupid things"

"It's not stupid" she whispered stubbornly.

"Yes it is" he said softly "any thing that's not about you recovering is stupid and can wait."

 

     Jai was released a week later, she had two surgeries to remove the bullet that struck and shattered a small part of her shoulder. And another surgery to put temporary screws in to help with healing. She would have return at the end if the month for an exam. Tao while I juried himself never stopped fussing with her and never left her side.

Tao's father was beyond furious. The couple were forbidden to leave the house until her personally took care of the mess they made.

Sehun had fled the country. Jai couldn't help but feel that she was blame, no matter how she tried to explain why she pushed Tao away. She was told she should of stayed out of it, if she had done that Tao would of died. Tao told her she was overreacting but she knew it was true.

Later that night Jai knocked on his door, she didn't want to be Alone. When Tao opened the door she threw herself in his arms, making them both nearly fall down.

"What's wrong?" He asked

"I had a nightmare" she lied.

"Ah" he muttered as he pulled her even closer to him but was careful not put pressure on her shattered shoulder. He was feeling better and was regaining his strength so he would have to start being gentle.

Jai was losing weight and starting to behave more skittish, which was beginning to worry Tao. He hoped she would relax enough to pick up weight. He hated seeing her so stressed out.

"Are even listening to me?" She nudged him.

He had been doing out with worry. He nodded trying to pretend he was listening the whole time. Jai knew he wasn't but didn't push the issue, she instead walked towards his bed. She climbed in and pulled the covers over her head.

"Going to bed?"

"Something like that" Jai giggled poking her hand out.

Tao walked over with curiosity as Jai pulled back her hand and sticked to her leg out. Her legs were strangely bare. 'Had she taken her pyjama pants off?', this thought Intrigue him.

Feelings cheeky Tao grabbed her leg and bit it playfully, causing Jai to jerk up with a funny sounding yelp. Not a yelp more like a moan.

"Whoa, whoa easy there" she panted. 

Tao was closing the gap between them. His eyes doing that y thing it did, making him look like a hungry wolf.

"What are you doing?" She whispered.

"Shh" he said against her lips."I can't help it" was all he said before he began to shower her neck, lips shoulders with soft, sweet kisses.

He kept it chaist and kept enough room for Jesus. But Jai knew one day this wouldn't be enough for him and as much she didn't want to admit it herself.

It was becoming not enough for her anymore.