The Blessing

A Woman's Worth

Tao squeezed his wife's hand firmly only to received a weak squeeze back. He knew she was in her own head, possibly blaming herself for being foolish but he didn't blame her. She didn't know Sehun like he knew him.

"It's okay " was all Tao said to Jai.

Jai sighed " I wanna go with you"

"No we need to talk and be done talking," Tao said loud enough for the now smug Sehun too hear. "Wait for me at home" 

Tao kisses his wife gently before insisting she go home when she did Tao and Sehun face each other. 

"Well I guess we should get to the bottom of this now"

Tao nodded and lead the way.

     Jai nervously did her chores back at home, she tried her best to focus on in her simple task but she was feeling a mix of emotions, mostly guilt.

She thought she was helping Tao get some type of closure, she also wanted to know what the truth was. She glanced at the clock on the wall, it had been a whole hour since she had left the two men to talk privately surely it didn't take an hour to talk. Jai sighed, she wished she would of stayed by his side, how could she be his wife if she stays behind while her husband talked with someone who hated him. She wouldn't be surprised or even upset if Tao was angry at her when he got back from talking to Sehun, she went behind his back and if he didn't want to talk to her all night. at least he would be home with her.

Jai had just begun shredding a giant ginger root when she heard the lock on the door click, she dropped the root and ran to the door to greet Tao. She was excited and worried, she knew she would have to explain herself but she didn't care he was home now.

He staggered in, kicking off his yeszys he sighed loudly when Jai attempted to help him into his house shoes.

Jai felt helpless watching him fall onto the recliner in the living room. He seemed out of it , which concerned her. What did Sehun do to him, did they fight?

"Are you okay?" She asks 

Tao said nothing at first,  it seem like he was having trouble holding his head up at first. "I'm good" he looked at her. He looked normal, slightly puffy but normal.

Jai walked over to him to get a better look at him, checking him for bruises but he was fine. The only thing wrong with him was his hazy brown eyes that looked slightly blood shot.

"Are you serious"

"What?"

Jai sighed with anger,  she stood up and just shook her head "Your drunk" was all she said before leaving the room.

Jai laid her head on the door frame of her room, she couldn't believe she wasted her time being worried about him , when he was getting drunk with Sehun. She wouldn't put it pass thrum to be hanging out with the host girls who work at Tao's bars. She wasn't sure if she could this anymore, she felt like she was losing herself trying to be the perfect wife.

As much as she tried to remind Herself that this was her parents back home she still wanted to give up on her one sided marriage.

"I'm sorry" Tao said as she moved in front of her.

"What happened,  how did you end up like this?" she felt herself getting more emotional than she was before.

Pulling in his crying wife he held her even when she tried to pull away from him. He knew he had messed up.

"What happened? " she sobbed 

He kissed her head and began to explain what went down. "Sehun and I went to inr of my bars, tried to talk it out but ended up rehashing the same old blame game. I'm aware it was my fault and I can't change things all I could do is apologize again for not keeping her safe. I told him to stay away from you but ended up turning it on me, telling me I should be the one who stays away from you." Tao squeezes her tight for a moment. "He thinks your going to end up like his sister of I stay in your life"

The two of them stay quite for a long moment before Jai holds him tight back. "I fear that too, but I'll trust you until you show me other wise."

"Thanks"  he whispered 

A cough brought them back to reality,  it was his father who had interrupted them on purpose.  "I think it's time we set the marriage arrangements. " he simply said and left the hall way.

Tao and Jai followed him to the study, where Mrs.Huang and her husband  had set up a small dessert tray and hot beverages. Tao knew he had delayed this enough and there was no more waiting, his parents would addressed them as spouses. Little did they know he already beat them to it.

The young couple sat in front of the older one, politely waiting for them to speak.

"I'm glad you two have grown close " his mother started with a smile one her round pale face.  "I think it time to graduate Jaid and let her become woman of your house Tao"

Mr, Huang passed his wife a small white plastic box,  she then opened it and releaved the family seal stamp. Unlike Jai and Tao's stamps,  this one looked well loved and cherished.  "I'm passing it down. May you pass my Ivory handle with love to your child's wife "

His mother began to get misty eyed as she handed it Jai. No words of gratitude could cover this moment. Yes currently Jai was his legal wife  but now she had his family's blessing. Which meant more to her than a piece of paper.

"We should have you sign this license and be done with this. For now you may visit each other privately but do not be so obvious about it, this is still my house and want respect in it. "

The young couple nod and sign the license and family registration. They were told that a month after the wedding they would need to move out,  which wasn't a huge demand but Jail suddenly felt pressure that wasn't third before.

She just realised his parents just gave the go ahead to be intimate with each other. She was are she had no excuse to teasing and never delivering anymore. She would have to talk to Tao privately about this.

After having dessert with his parents Jail and Tao sat in the living room alone, Jail brought up how she felt about what his parents giving them permission.

"What's the big deal?" he asked, he seemed curious. 

"In just not ready for that"

"Are you a or something? "

"I'm not, I just haven't been that way in long time. Not since losing it in high school, besides where I'm from you'd be seen as a pedo "

"Ohh  shoot I forgot your still 17" he cringed. He then turned to her " I can wait. When your 18 we can decided  okay. From now on we'll be kid friendly "

"You don't have to go that far"

"It'll be fun, we'll watch Disney and you can be in bed at 8pm"

"That's not what I mean" jai slapped at his arm, she didn't want him to treat he like a baby but she didn't want to go the next step until she was ready and preferably legal.

"Jai in all seriousness,  please never be alone with Sehun.  I'm going to get a lawyer and close the Sojin case for good. I'm sick of this bull. Can you promise to stay away from him while I battle this case".

"Sure"

"Promise" 

Jai felt uneasy at first but decided to swallow her pride, it wasn't about just her anymore.  She was suppose to help him get better and support her husband. 

"I promise."

Like children they linked pinkies together and did a 'proper' promise.