Keeping your promises

A Woman's Worth

The wedding ceremony was a week away and even though the couple was already legally married, Jai was beginning to feel nervous. 

Her parents were flying in tomorrow and she would finally get to see them after what felt like years. She couldn't wait to for her mom and dad to see her all dressed up in white. She knew her mother would cry like a baby.

Her shoulder was nearly all healed up but it still ached when she held her arm up above her head for too long. The surgeries has also left an ugly scar on her shoulder. She hated how it keloided, making it even more of a eye sore. Tao told her it was a badge of bravey, he would kiss it whenever her shoulders were bare. She still hated looking at it, she made sure her dress covered up her scar.

Jai had realize that she had spent too long messing about, it was almost 3 o'clock. Today She and Tao would be going to the doctor. It was Tao's last day of body rehab, which meant he could ween himself off the pain medication. His mother would finally stop babying him and ruining their time alone.

There was a knock in the door before Tao pokes his head inside her room.

"Ready?" He asked

"Kind of" Jai looked down at her sweat pants.

"I don't think they care about what you wear J"

"I care" Jai said

Tao grabbed at her arm, "You look fine babe" his were eyes shining as a sweet smile appeared on his face.

Jai shrugged and smiled back, " I guess I can look horrible just this once"

He looked over his wife again, she didn't look horrible just relaxed. He loved seeing her in her relaxed state, to him it was when she looked her most beautiful.

"Yeah I guess you can" Tao said sarcastically.

"Ugh your a jerk" Dramatically Jai stomped away. Tao chuckled to himself and followed her out.

   Tao did well in physical therapy and considering it was his last day it went faster than it normally did. He was soon cleared of injury and it seemed their day was going perfect.

On their way back to the car Tao was on his phone non stop. He couldn't seem to unglue himself from it. It was starting to bug Jai, but she shook it off. Maybe it was about the tracker they out on Sehun, it was still making her irritated in the back of her mind.

A little while later they had gone to dinner with his parents and he was still checking his phone every 10 minutes and sending off emails. Enough was enough, when his parents went to thank the chef, Jai confronted him.

"What's so important that your ignoring me?" Jai snapped. Her irritability getting the best of her.

He looked at her sheepishly, "Sorry...I was just" he trailed off and glanced at his phone again. His sheepish confusion turned into a brilliant smile. "I'll tell you when we get home"

Jai narrowed her eyes at Tao then sighed. "Fine" she tried her best not raise her voice. She began to wonder what he had to tell her that he couldn't tell her in public. Jai tried not to think of the worst scenario.

When his parents were seated again they were all smiles. His father reached into his armani jacket and and pulled out a long, snall green box. With a warm smile he slid the box towards them. 

"A small gift for you wedding." His mother said brightly.

Tao opened it, picking up a sliced house key wrapped in white ribbon.

"We hope you fill your new home with love and happiness" His father said warmly.

Jai was moved with emotions and couldn't stop her tear from falling. She was already married but now it felt more real than before. Tao squeezed her hand under the table. "Thank you" Jai's voice cracked as she spoke "Thank you so much"

His parents said nothing else as the watched the young couple hug each other, they were slightly embarrassed by the blantant public display of affection but it was still touching to see their once wayward son happy.

 After dinner Tao and Jai went see the place that his parents had bought them as a wedding gift. Jai felt excited, this place would be the start of their new chapter together. 

Tao squeezed her hand as he unlocked the door.

The pent house was beautiful and large but much too large for just two people..but then they realized why. Tao blushed and look away from Jai, Jai cleared .

"Um it looks like your parents left us more gifts on the counter" Jai said feeling hot with embarrassment.

They were going to be alone now, so one day they would probably have have to..she didn't want think about it. It was too embarrassing.

On the counter was a fruit basket and a bottle of high quality wine, it was Tao's favorite.

He popped the cork and take a sip straight from the bottle. 

"Yeah there's glasses in the cabinet" Jai hip checked him as she passes him on her way to the cabinet.

"I like it this way" he said before he drank some more. 

Jai rolled her eyes and only grabbed one wine glass for herself. He was probably going to drink all of it from the bottle so there was no point of getting him a glass. When she joined him in the living room she handed him her glass, which he filled to the brim.

Tao winked at Jai.

"Are you trying to get your wifey drunk." Jai winked back. She took a long sip of the sweet wine.

"Maybe" his voice had a wild purr to it. He patted the spot next to him on the couch.

When Jai sat next to him, he put his bottle on the floor and began to kiss the places that weren't covers in fabric.
Usually Jai would protest but today was different, they were alone..

Just as things were getting good there was a knock on the door. Jai looked at Tao, did his parents come to surprise them at their new place?

Tao jumped from the couch and jogged over to the door. He seemed to know who could be, he even stepped out of the apartment  for a few minutes. Jai was wondering what on earth was going on. When he came back inside he was carrying a red rectangular box.

Tao wore a loopy smile on his face. He walked over to Jai and handed it her. 

"What is it?" She asked, Tao didn't say anything he just nodded towards the box. As if he was saying open it.

Inside the box was the dress she wore when they eloped in Macau.

"Omg, Omg" she couldn't believe what she was seeing. 

Tao pulled her into a deep embrace, "I can't wait to see you in that dress again" he whispered.

"Thank you" she said as she began to cry again.

"I'm just keeping my promise" Tao whispered "I'll give everything and I mean anything everything."

With all the things she and Tai had been through she forgot about the things he promised to her when they eloped.

With that Jai kissed him deeply, she couldn't wait to marry him all over again. This time her family would be there.