救援

A Woman's Worth

It shouldn't have been this hard to track Sehun down. It was almost like it a game of cat and mouse, Sehun would leave clues via stories and Tao would follow the lead only for the trail to come to a dead end.

Tao was becoming irritated and just wanted to end all of this. He learned his lesson from before and knew the media loved no one. When you were as prominent as his family was, everyone was waiting for them to fall from grace.  This wasn't just about him, they dragged Jai into this. Even if they had painted her as the victim and him the villain, her name was still connected to a scandal and once again it was all his fault. What would stop them from digging dirt on Jai to make her look bad or expose her family? Would they protest her too and paint her as the gold digging foreigner? Just thinking ahead to cover all sides was exhausting.

Rumours were the life blood of the miserable and at this rate would make them feel just as miserable.

He sat at his father's desk, it was late but he couldn't sleep. It felt like every time he went to bed, another story popped up and more damage would be done.

He sighed he was done with all this messy situation, he knew it was time to either end it.

Tao pulled up Sehun's contact number, dialling it without hesitation.

"What took you so long?" Sehun answered smugly on the first ring.

 

            The two former friends met in an empty park at a quarter to one. Sehun stood very still, he was observing the man in front of him. He couldn't believe he uses to be close to him. It was almost like a fading dream, Sehun had spent most of his energy thinking of ways to hurt Tao like he hurt him.

"Tao I'm glad to see your cowardly face" Sehun took a few steps closer to Tao. careful not to get too close.

Tao nodded, his face blank and not what Sehun wanted. He was expecting him to look nervous.

"I just want this to be over. I'm tired of living in the past"

"I'm glad you can just get over what you did to my family" Sehun lost his cool for a brief moment, he closed his eyes and took a few deep inhales of the cold night air to calm himself down.

"I can apologise forever but it doesn't bring her back or heal your wounds. I know what I did and you can hate me all you like but I won't let you ruin my life for your sick pleasure. I won't let you ruin Jai" Tao felt himself becoming angry as he voiced all the things he wanted to say for years. "I'm sure Sojin would never want you to live in her shadow and become what your becoming"

Sehun started laughing, it was unsettling to Tao's ears. It was too much to see his former friend unravel in front of eyes, he had to look away but something silver caught his eye. Sehun had pulled a small handgun out of his coat pocket.

"Sehun no you don't have to-"

Sehun looked at the gun the back at Tao "You think I would go to all the trouble ing with you just to off myself?" Sehun unlatched the safety and pointed it at him. "I realised no matter how much I mess with your , You.Will. Never.Ever know how I felt. You took something precious and I know I will never move on until you gone. Sojin would be proud of me finally standing up to you"

"What the ! Do you really want to be a murderer?"

Sehun had the expression of a greedy child who finally got his favourite dessert His eye darting pass Tao a few time before focusing on the man before him. " It worked for you hyung, I'm sure it will suit well too" He muttered in Korean before squeezing the trigger..

         Jai had heard the front door shut, she sat up in bed and wondered if Tao had left the house to clear his head. She knew he was under a lot of pressure lately. The media was attacking them left and right, he was taking it all way to serious. She had tried to everything in her power to calm him down, to take his mind off the things the media was saying, but it was no use. He began to shut himself away and include her less and less. 

She threw on a pair of jeggings, a large sweatshirt and old trainers she had under her bed. It was warm enough so she didn't bother putting on a coat, she was sure he hadn't gone far.

Jai saw him walking further and further away from the house, she decided to follow him anyway. She was curious and wanted to see where he would go. A part of her was worried was falling back into old habits due to all the stress. She was told by his mother that he drowned himself in alcohol and often drugs as his way of coping.

she followed him to a park but he wasn't alone, Sehun was there. He looked twitchy.

She hid in a bush while the two spoke, they were quiet at first but began to raise their voices. Jai crept closer to get a better view but something in her gut made her stay behind the wood bench. Sehun was laughing and just acting strangely, she counted into three and peeked out. Her eye accidently locked with his. He had seen her. 

His eyes were wild and dark.

There was a click of metal and the feeling of dread pooled in Jai's stomach. "Oh no!" she muttered in fear. She peeked once last time, She knew she had to do something. Thinking quick Jai got to her feet and rushed towards Tao.

Tao didn't see her at first when he did it was too late. 

Jai had pushed him with the might she had in her small body and caught the bullet that meant for him.

She had saved him.