Pure Venom

Make Happy

Coups and Jeonghan were alone in the dorms. Tame your excitement.

It was the same place all thirteen members often gathered to have their personal discussions late at night. The two boys were sitting on the floor tapping away at their phones and somehow holding a conversation at the same time. Who said men can't multitask?

"No, I'm just saying, Stark has a point," Seungcheol argued firmly, "The Avengers have already caused so many deaths--"

"But the government will prevent them from making progress at all!" Jeonghan interrupted. "More people will die because villains won't be stopped!"

"The amount of people that died in the process of stopping the villains--"

At that moment, Jisoo knocked on the door and opened it, timidly poking his head in through the crack.

"Just a heads up, we need to be in the practice room in 20 minutes."

"Okay," the two boys on the floor said in unison.

Jisoo nodded his head, and closed the door.

"Ah, my phone just died," said Jeonghan.

"Poor you."

"Can I use yours for a sec? I only need to use Facebook."

"Don't have the app. Go get your charger."

"Can't. Lazy. Gimme. I'll just use Safari."

"Nah, you're trippin'."

"Why, what you hiding?"

"Oh, so many things. Stay away from my phone."

Jeonghan laughed, and began to walk towards Coups.

"Nope, get out of my house," the leader said, curling into a ball around his phone as Jeonghan inched closer.

"This isn't your house," Jeonghan challenged.

"It is now."

There was a brief stillness, and then Jeonghan leapt at Seungcheol and made a grab for the phone, missing by an inch as Coups pulled it into his chest.

In any other situation, the older boy would be having a minor heart attack over having Jeonghan so close to him, but right now, he wanted him as far away as humanely possible.

Jeonghan pushed Coups onto his back with a bit of effort, placed his knee on his chest, and resultantly on one of the older boy's fingers, causing him to cry out. The grip on the phone was weakened slightly, and Jeonghan snatched it out of his hands, giggling as he did so.

Seungcheol was a Pledis trainee for several years. He had experienced delay after delay before his debut, and he had been put through some of the most vigorous training imaginable to prepare him for the road ahead. But this, right here, is the most stressful situation that Seungcheol has even been in.

The leader looked on in defeat as Jeonghan stood back up scrolled through his apps to find Safari. God, he hoped he had closed all his tabs.

"Hey, what's Grindr? I think I’ve heard of it before."

, that's worse than the tabs.

"Listen, I'll go get your charger, give me my phone."

Seungcheol stood up and made another reach, but Jeonghan was too fast. He watched as Jeonghan scrolled through the app. He just kept tapping, and tapping, and his smile slowly shifted. Seungcheol felt like crying.

Jeonghan looked like he was struggling to find something to say. He just kept staring blankly at the phone screen. He wasn’t even scrolling anymore. Seungcheol reached out and took his phone back, and the longhaired boy didn’t resist. As the older boy sat down again, Jeonghan spoke up.

"Are you gay, Seungcheol?"

The question was met with silence. Did he even need to ask that question?

"I mean, I won't press,” said the younger, “But you can tell me if you are."

Jeonghan looked like he was considering leaving the room on that note, but instead he sat down on the opposite side of the room. The dorm was silent, save for the sound of Seungcheol’s breathing, which had gotten heavier in the past few seconds. He took a few seconds to compose himself before he began to speak.

"That's not cool, y'know," said Seungcheol, biting the inside of his cheek.

"What?"

"You're forcing me to tell you."

"I just said I’m not pressing."

"You saw the app. And then you sat back down and made it awkward."

Jeonghan had a slight look on surprise on his face.

"That wasn't my intention. I didn't wanna bother you about it, so I stopped talking."

"It came across as a guilt trip to me."

"Wow, do you have to analyze everything? And what would you be guilty for?”

"Listen, not everybody in this country is cool with it, that's why I don't go round telling everyone about it. And by the way! You can't just take people's stuff! That ain’t right!"

"Well, I’m cool with it,” Jeonghan said, almost mumbling, as though he was trying to find the right words. “I don't hate you for it or anything."

Seungcheol looked incredulous. If anything, he should be the one full of hatred. Jeonghan sighed.

"I'm sorry, alright? Shouldn’t have done that. I'm sorry."

"Whatever. I’ll rip your hair out if you tell anyone. And then you'll have no fans."

It was a partly humorous comment, but it was delivered with a hint of spite, and Seungcheol didn't even realize how personally the younger boy took it.

"What, and I only have fans because of my hair? Don't take out your angst on me."

"I don't imagine them being a fan of your ty personality."

“ off, Seungcheol," Jeonghan spat, standing up to leave the room.

Seungcheol had never previously seen the look on his face at that moment. It was pure venom. It shut him right up.

"Your problems aren’t mine. Get over yourself."

Jeonghan left, slamming the door behind him with unnecessary force. He left Seungcheol behind, and left him alone with his fury, as the older boy realized that he had just managed to piss off the only person who knew his secret.