Chapter EIGHT (Farewell BOYS24)

Take A Turn

"I WANT AN ALL-MEAT BUFFET!"

"No! I want pizza!"

The boys were 'discussing' over what food we should get for the farewell party and Seventeen got hyped up, thinking that the food is all for them. I walked away thinking that they were all distracted, but Seungcheol caught up. "Princess, why are you being so sad?" I told him the whole story and he patted my back. "Hey, your brother is just going to another school. You'll still be able to meet him whenever it's summer or winter break and when you want to meet him, just give us a heads up and we'll try to not make any plans on that day."

"Alright - wait, what do you mean by 'try to'?" I arched an eyebrow at his choice of words and laughed, indicating that it was a joke. I hugged him and he ruffled my hair, "Thanks, Seungcheol. For thinking about what's good for me. For being a brother when I thought I didn't have any and whenever I'm feeling down." He gave a gentle smile before we pulled away from each other and went back to the group. He got the attention of the younger ones and diverted their attentions to me. I told them that it will be a mix of barbecue and already-cooked food, also that most of it will be BOYS24's favorite food since it will be a farewell party for them. As soon as we ended school, we took a ride on a coach bus towards the resort and started to decorate it. We split into 4 groups: the Barbecue team (Mingyu, Soonyoung, Hansol), the Baking team (Minghao, Junhui, Chan), the Arrangement team (Seungcheol, Jihoon, Jeonghan, Seunggwan), and the Cooking team (Me, Jisoo, Wonwoo, Seokmin).

So the barbecue team and the cooking team went out to get the groceries, mainly meat but Mingyu made sure that we would have enough vegetables, the baking team has decided to bake the cake (already gotten the ingredients beforehand), and lastly the arrangement team got some extra chairs from the resort management and arranged them neatly in the house as well as around the poolside. When the shopping was done, we headed back and started on the cooking and barbecue marinating preparations. Just as we got done, Boys24 came and we all shouted out "SURPRISE". They were so touched and especially Hocheol who has gotten emotional and started crying. "Yah! Men don't cry!"

"I can't stop crying know that I won't be able to see our Jae Mi until next break!" The guys laughed but also felt a bit down that the bond had to be put on a pause. "No worries, guys. We can meet during weekends too! Although, not all the time but still..." They nodded in agreement. "Let's push all the sad thoughts aside and dig in!" And so, they went to have the food and some went to do the barbecuing. 


When most of us are done eating, we settled in the living room and started a hearty chat. "So, Yoonhyeong is Jae Mi's older brother... How come we've never got to know about this?" The boys inched closer towards him and he nervously chuckled. "Well, I just got to know it not too long ago myself. But I'm still glad that I got back my sister." We hugged and the guys were 'aww-ing' at us, causing our faces to redden before backing away. 

The younger ones went to bed early, some of the older ones knocked out because of soju and I was wide awake seated on the chair by the pool. I looked up to the sky right at the moon. Mom... You're going to look over on brother right? I hope he excels in the arts school and soon enough we will meet again.