CHAPTER SEVEN (Getting Back to the Right Track)

Take A Turn

I gave him a call and asked him to meet up at a cafe to talk about it. Eventually, I arrived and took a seat further inside. When the bell on the door jingled, I looked up to see him looking around to find me and walked towards my direction before taking his seat. The waiter came and took our orders before leaving us to have our conversation. "What's the matter, Jae Mi?" He asked in a concerned tone with a worried expression. I pushed away my ego and started telling him.

"Yoonhyeong... He has started to work at the convenience store nearby my apartment not too long ago, on my last day of work. It rained so I offered him my guest room for a stay. Before he boarded the car, he told me that he likes me. Not in the brotherly way but love. I don't want him to fall deeper but I don't want to hurt his feelings." I told him worriedly. He was shocked and apologetic for not telling my brother sooner about our relations. Just then, his phone rang and it was Yoonhyeong who has called. He picked it up and after some answers and telling the name of the cafe we're in, he ended the call. "He's coming here soon and I'll tell him directly."

I nodded and told him in a firm yet non-disrespecting tone. "You have jeopardized our family relations, please do not jeopardize your bond with him." With that, we waited for Yoonhyeong.


A few minutes later and my brother walked in. He was shocked to see me seated in front of our father, or rather his father, but then he took a seat beside him. There was a short moment of silence before I started to speak. "Yoonhyeong, there's something you need to know and it is important. It might hurt you but it's the truth." Still confused of what was going on, he looked at both of us with furrowed eyebrows. The older one cleared his throat and broke the silence. "Jae Mi is... she is your sister. Your biological sister." His eyes widened as he took in every single word our dad has said. Dumbfoundedly seated and without a word, we waited for him to register the fact before he spoke.

"So... you knew this all along?" He looked at me. I nodded but told him that it was only before I gave him the bento, and he continued speaking. "You knew and played with my feelings? You could've acknowledged me the moment you knew! And father, why didn't you tell me?! Why only now when I've started to develop feelings for her?" He just kept apologizing for not being able to tell Yoonhyeong the truth. When he was about to stand up, I told him the whole story. Every single happenings that I've went through, every single detail not missed. After hearing it all he teared up silently, took the seat beside me and hugged me in the brotherly way I hoped from him. He said he was sorry for not being able to protect me as a brother and that we had to reunite under such situations. "I think I should leave both of you to talk and bond." He stood up and leave us siblings.

After a long chat in the cafe, we walked out and loitered around the street aimlessly to talk even more. "I guess Seventeen really is a good bunch of friends. Being there for you when you're down or whenever you needed help." I nodded and complimented all of them. "Boys24 too is a great group of friends! Although I still have problems remembering all of their names." He giggled at my unintentional joke and ruffled my hair. "I've been thinking of taking on the Arts school to learn more skills on dancing and singing. Just joined your school because I came back from overseas." I pouted, "Does that mean you're going to leave me alone again? But we just reunite!" He chuckled and said that Boys24 as a group has already decided to join an arts school and to become the world's sensation when the time has come. I nodded and thought of an idea to at least give them my wishes and farewell. "Let's book a resort stay with the boys and have a barbecue party before you guys transfer. It took us so long to bond, especially with all 49 of you!" He nodded, sent me back home and went back by himself.

[Even though I've lost a lover (technically my one-sided thought), I've gained (back) a sister! Don't you dare get a boyfriend when I'm away! I will travel all the way back to keep you away from him! <- My brotherly protectiveness is geared-on 24/7! - Brother Yoonhyeong]

I chuckled before sending him a text that I wouldn't have the time to date either and that I was glad to have my brother too. I just couldn't wait for the barbecue party, yet also didn't want it to happen too soon.


{ Author's Note: Hey, I'm finally back on track with my story. Sorry for the long wait! Been so busy for the past 1 year and I finally got back from my author block. I had to send boys24 away from my story as I think I wasn't able to keep up with their activities and couldn't remember most of their names and members. On the side note, I might invite some of them back in once in a while and also new idols. Maybe as cameos, maybe as permanent. Nevertheless, I hope all of you like it!}